Taliban tells Biden to get out by Aug 31.

Technically, but in reality we should be blaming the people around him that are assuredly manipulating/controlling him. This dude should be in a nursing home. The Democrats are nuts.
Yeah, but he's the prez, he's not supposed to be manipulated or controlled. He wasn't elected to follow someone else's orders, y'know? And he's also responsible for hiring the people around him who are feeding him information and advice. IMHO, the blame for this fiasco is squarely on him, not them.

And I have to say that the democratic party had to know who they were getting to be their nominee, I think they knew damn well he wasn't up to the job and could be manipulated and controlled and they actually wanted that.

Yeah, but he's the prez, he's not supposed to be manipulated or controlled. He wasn't elected to follow someone else's orders, y'know? And he's also responsible for hiring the people around him who are feeding him information and advice. IMHO, the blame for this fiasco is squarely on him, not them.

And I have to say that the democratic party had to know who they were getting to be their nominee, I think they knew damn well he wasn't up to the job and could be manipulated and controlled and they actually wanted that.
obama is probably the shadow president

Maybe the blame is with the people that voted a geriatric into the White House.
True dat. Plus the people that broke election laws and the people that allowed them to do it. Plus the media for not being as honest and objective as they're supposed to be.

"He's not dumb. He's just old, really old."

I haven't been real impressed with his smarts. He might not be dumb, but he's not doing much to prove otherwise.

True dat. Plus the people that broke election laws and the people that allowed them to do it. Plus the media for not being as honest and objective as they're supposed to be.
Trump has issues too. Class matters. You people need to get your shit together. The fact that those were the best our parties had to offer is fucking horrifying.

Trump has issues too. Class matters. You people need to get your shit together. The fact that those were the best our parties had to offer is fucking horrifying.

Trump has issues too. Yes, he does, I didn't agree with everything he did and certainly not everything he said, up to and including now.

Class matters. IMHO, not as much as competence. And Biden isn't the classiest guy around either. I think that anyone who votes for class over competence and policy is stupid. I'd rather have a GD jerk in there who would do a better job than a smooth politician who fucks up.

You people need to get your shit together. I think that applies to all of us.

The fact that those were the best our parties had to offer is fucking horrifying. No kidding. I couldn't agree more, but here's where I have an argument with those people who didn't vote at all cuz they didn't like either party's nominee. I get that, but at the end of the day either Trump or Biden was going to be our president until 2025, and it should have been incumbent on every voter to cast their vote for who they wanted that person to be, warts and all. Not voting at all is like saying I don't care who will be the president. To which I say, do you care now? Sometimes the question isn't who do you want to be the president, it's who don't you want in the oval office.

I think that anyone who votes for class over competence and policy is stupid. I'd rather have a GD jerk in there who would do a better job than a smooth politician who fucks up.
Agreed.
No kidding. I couldn't agree more, but here's where I have an argument with those people who didn't vote at all cuz they didn't like either party's nominee. I get that, but at the end of the day either Trump or Biden was going to be our president until 2025, and it should have been incumbent on every voter to cast their vote for who they wanted that person to be, warts and all. Not voting at all is like saying I don't care who will be the president. To which I say, do you care now? Sometimes the question isn't who do you want to be the president, it's who don't you want in the oval office.
I won't vote for somebody I don't believe in because I don't want to feel responsible for enabling whatever they fuck up.

Yep. It was "going to be bad" the day we went in.

Notice you changed the subject. The WITHDRAW should not have been an issue. Which is what he said.

You're sucking up to Biden and playing his game of pretending the issue is his decision to leave. It isn't, we are all overwhelmingly in agreement with that.

The disaster in Afghanistan now should not have happened.

Figures you'd be the biggest Biden sycophant picking up his ball of pretending that the disagreement is about the decision to withdraw

Trump has issues too. Yes, he does, I didn't agree with everything he did and certainly not everything he said, up to and including now.

Class matters. IMHO, not as much as competence. And Biden isn't the classiest guy around either. I think that anyone who votes for class over competence and policy is stupid. I'd rather have a GD jerk in there who would do a better job than a smooth politician who fucks up.

You people need to get your shit together. I think that applies to all of us.

The fact that those were the best our parties had to offer is fucking horrifying. No kidding. I couldn't agree more, but here's where I have an argument with those people who didn't vote at all cuz they didn't like either party's nominee. I get that, but at the end of the day either Trump or Biden was going to be our president until 2025, and it should have been incumbent on every voter to cast their vote for who they wanted that person to be, warts and all. Not voting at all is like saying I don't care who will be the president. To which I say, do you care now? Sometimes the question isn't who do you want to be the president, it's who don't you want in the oval office.

The problem we have is too many politically ignorant in this country which is why we are where we are at today. The only way to remedy this is for voters to have to appear in person, take a short and very simple test to see if they have the ability to vote. Fail the test, you don't get to vote. The Democrats would never, ever have leadership again.

The problem we have is too many politically ignorant in this country which is why we are where we are at today. The only way to remedy this is for voters to have to appear in person, take a short and very simple test to see if they have the ability to vote. Fail the test, you don't get to vote. The Democrats would never, ever have leadership again.
Who writes the test?

Notice you changed the subject. The WITHDRAW should not have been an issue. Which is what he said.

You're sucking up to Biden and playing his game of pretending the issue is his decision to leave. It isn't, we are all overwhelmingly in agreement with that.

The disaster in Afghanistan now should not have happened.

Figures you'd be the biggest Biden sycophant picking up his ball of pretending that the disagreement is about the decision to withdraw
Hmmm... no. None of that. I'm just pointing out that this inglorious ending was destined from the start. Biden is fucking it up to high heaven, obviously, but it's a no-win situation. This is why Trump didn't do it. But it had to be done. I'd hope we could agree on that.

Who writes the test?

It would be bipartisan. Just very simple things like who is the VP today? What party does the VP belong to? Who is the Speaker of the House? What party does the Speaker belong to? Is the United States in debt? If so, how much? Does the President write our laws in this country? If not, who does? What party leads our US Senate today?

Now these can be multiple choice answers except for the yes or no questions. You need 7 out of 10 to vote. Anything beyond that, you have to wait until the next election to vote.

It would be bipartisan.
So third parties should be left out of the process?
Just very simple things like who is the VP today? What party does the VP belong to? Who is the Speaker of the House? What party does the Speaker belong to? Is the United States in debt? If so, how much? Does the President write our laws in this country? If not, who does? What party leads our US Senate today?

Now these can be multiple choice answers except for the yes or no questions. You need 7 out of 10 to vote. Anything beyond that, you have to wait until the next election to vote.
Surely you recognize how the formulation of this test would become a political football. It would be used like gerrymandering to subtly, or not so subtly, filter voters in ways that favored the party in power. How would that be prevented?

Hmmm... no. None of that. I'm just pointing out that this inglorious ending was destined from the start. Biden is fucking it up to high heaven, obviously, but it's a no-win situation. This is why Trump didn't do it. But it had to be done. I'd hope we could agree on that.

So you asked if at least we can agree we should leave Afghanistan. From the post that you quoted. "we are all overwhelmingly in agreement with that."

I'll just repeat my post and say that:

1) Yes, Afghanistan was going to end up badly, which is why most people wanted to leave

2) You equated that with the withdrawal ending badly, which should not have happened.

The military was fully capable of handling the withdraw, but Biden wanted to please everyone and tied their hands, which of course pleased no one.

You equated the two, Afghanistan and the withdraw as ending badly. Which no one but Joe Biden has been dumb enough to do

So third parties should be left out of the process?

Correct. Third parties do not count for anything in this country.

Surely you recognize how the formulation of this test would become a political football. It would be used like gerrymandering to subtly, or not so subtly, filter voters in ways that favored the party in power. How would that be prevented?

How so? None of the questions I posed had anything to do with parties. They are general knowledge questions that every voter should know before voting. If you can't answer them, then you have no business voting in the first place. It would greatly improve our voting outcome in any national election.

Forum List

Back