Taliban retreat from Panjshir

rupol2000

Gold Member
Aug 22, 2021
Yesterday's news suggests that the Taliban retreated with heavy losses, surrendered several combat positions and liberated 3 regions.
This is good news for me, but I do not understand how the NRF(former Northern Alliance) can fight so heroically and successfully without the help of the United States. Maybe someone helps them unofficially? Who could it be? Iran?

Yesterday's news suggests that the Taliban retreated with heavy losses, surrendered several combat positions and liberated 3 regions.
This is good news for me, but I do not understand how the NRF(former Northern Alliance) can fight so heroically and successfully without the help of the United States. Maybe someone helps them unofficially? Who could it be? Iran?
Tail Bunnies Melting Like Chocolate

There are 4 million Shiites in Afghanistan, concentrated in the center of the country with allied clans throughout the country. They are financed and armed by 83 million Iranians.

It's their ground. They know every inch of it, and they probably knew for years that once the US was gone their war against that Talibs would be on again. So I'd bet they spent years stock piling equipment and ammo in advance.

Forum List

Back