Taliban captures its SIXTH city in less than a week as military pilots quit after being targeted for assassination, leaving Afghan troops without vita

The Purge

Platinum Member
Aug 16, 2018
Aibak, capital of Afghanistan's Samangan province, has fallen to the Taliban
Regional governor said Islamists are now in 'full control' of the northern city
It marks the sixth regional capital that the Taliban has captured in less than a week, after Kunduz, Sar-e-Pul, Taloqan, Zaranj and Sheberghan also fell
Meanwhile it was revealed that pilots are abandoning the Afghan air force after being targeted for assassination, leaving troops without air support

...Eight pilots have been killed in recent weeks, with Hamidullah Azimi - a Black Hawk pilot - the latest to die after being blown up near the capital Kabul on Saturday. Azimi was killed by a sticky bomb attached to his car which detonated, wounding five civilians who were nearby.

Speaking anonymously to The Times, one pilot said he knows of 19 colleagues who have deserted the air force in recent weeks because the government could not guarantee their safety.

'I have been flying for ten years. From the day I put on my uniform I swore to defend my country until the last drop of blood ... but seeing my friends assassinated ... I do not feel safe,' he said.

'I have to change the car I use every single day...

(Excerpt) Read more at dailymail.co.uk ...

It just took one Democrat president for a country to fall. Thank you Xiden for the Death of what will become thousands, BUT KEEP THOSE COVID INFECTED IMMIGRANTS UNFETTERED ENTRANCE INTO AMERICA!!!!

It marks the sixth regional capital that the Taliban has captured in less than a week, after Kunduz, Sar-e-Pul, Taloqan, Zaranj and Sheberghan also fell
Meanwhile it was revealed that pilots are abandoning the Afghan air force after being targeted for assassination, leaving troops without air support

...Eight pilots have been killed in recent weeks, with Hamidullah Azimi - a Black Hawk pilot - the latest to die after being blown up near the capital Kabul on Saturday. Azimi was killed by a sticky bomb attached to his car which detonated, wounding five civilians who were nearby.

Speaking anonymously to The Times, one pilot said he knows of 19 colleagues who have deserted the air force in recent weeks because the government could not guarantee their safety.

'I have been flying for ten years. From the day I put on my uniform I swore to defend my country until the last drop of blood ... but seeing my friends assassinated ... I do not feel safe,' he said.

It just took one Democrat president for a country to fall. Thank you Xiden for the Death of what will become thousands, BUT KEEP THOSE COVID INFECTED IMMIGRANTS UNFETTERED ENTRANCE INTO AMERICA!!!!

Do you want to stay in Afghanistan indefinitely?

Just drop a ton of our nukes on the place. And show it in IMAX. Ya baby!

Afghans are taking back their country. It's not like we couldn't see this happening for years. They have been who they are for centuries. Waiting out the U.S. was nothing.

Sure. A guy with a "D" next to his name decides to withdraw. Something you members of the alt-right have been screaming about for years and all the of the sudden it's his fault. Got news for you, it's been coming for years.
And if you think victory was possible, just go ask the opinion of your Russian allies. See what they have to say.

Lotsa blame to go around on both sides.
The only correct choice as with Iraq...was not to go. Period.

We propped up the new Afghan leadership for twenty years and have provided their military with training and advanced weaponry

If they still can’t beat Taliban forces, let them lose

Well for most that depends on whether a Democrat or Republican is in office.

Whenever we leave its going to be a mess.

I sometimes wonder if we shouldn't depend on the Chinese in this situation. They share a long border with Afghanistan and have been pretty successful with soft power investment.

They built a railroad and some power plants which has spawned some small businesses across the north. Then there is some shared heritage in the Hanzara minority .. Turkic, Mongolian and Persian..

How is it those in charge were never able to understand this?

Bush went into Afghanistan to save ENRON.. so our motives were not exactly principled.

Afghanistan used to be very successful until the Afghan communists overthrew the monarchy in 1974.

Whenever we leave its going to be a mess.

I sometimes wonder if we shouldn't depend on the Chinese in this situation. They share a long border with Afghanistan and have been pretty successful with soft power investment.

They built a railroad and some power plants which has spawned some small businesses across the north. Then there is some shared heritage in the Hanzara minority .. Turkic, Mongolian and Persian..
Of course China wants to exploit Afghanistan's vast mineral resources.

Forum List

Back