take the profit out of healthcare and problem solved!!

tigerred59

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2015
It is absolutely insane to keep blaming Obama, poor people, minorities, the sick, etc on why premiums are going up. If you've had a job most of your life, as have most of us, long before ACA hit the country, the insurance companies have always raised prems. during enrollment times...like what planet have you nuts been on. I'd get a lowsy raise and the premmies would eat it up.

The insurance industry is out to make a profit, they have stock holders and bonuses to diffy out, so naturally they raise prices. But the health and well being of human beings should not be apart of a profit making industry. We should cut the insurance industry out of this equation, go to single payer and the hell with the middle man....who by the way, pay next to nothing in claims.

Single payer is the only way to fix Obamacare.....!!

That is why obamadon'tcare was set up the way it was. No one in their right mind would ever think it was going to work. They even had to force people into the plan to keep it alive for more than a few months. It was deliberately set up to force us into government healthcare.

It is absolutely insane to keep blaming Obama, poor people, minorities, the sick, etc on why premiums are going up. If you've had a job most of your life, as have most of us, long before ACA hit the country, the insurance companies have always raised prems. during enrollment times...like what planet have you nuts been on. I'd get a lowsy raise and the premmies would eat it up.

The insurance industry is out to make a profit, they have stock holders and bonuses to diffy out, so naturally they raise prices. But the health and well being of human beings should not be apart of a profit making industry. We should cut the insurance industry out of this equation, go to single payer and the hell with the middle man....who by the way, pay next to nothing in claims.

True every year on my husbands birthday he would get a premium increase. True, its the middle man making all the money.

That is why obamadon'tcare was set up the way it was. No one in their right mind would ever think it was going to work. They even had to force people into the plan to keep it alive for more than a few months. It was deliberately set up to force us into government healthcare.

You do not need to be on the ACA, keep the insurance you had, but you have to have insurance.

You do not need to be on the ACA, keep the insurance you had, but you have to have insurance.
Where do you think most of those who did not carry insurance were going to go to get it? The plan was to lock everyone into buying insurance, than raise the heck out of the cost by forcing more plans to cover more things (why should a 60 year old man, for example, have to pay for maternity coverage?), then when the pain gets severe enough, resurrect Hillarycare and make private contracts with doctors illegal. That's the way it looked when it was rammed through against public opinion, and the perception hasn't changed.

If there is no reward for effort and innovation, you'll get precisely none of either. And health care is too important for that.

Expand the current Medicare/Medicare Supplement/Medicare Advantage plan to all. Solid government-funded fundamental care (most importantly preventive & diagnostic), combined with true free market competition. Take a massive monkey off the backs of American business by freeing it from having to provide coverage.

But no, that would require open minds and cooperation between the parties. We can't have that.

I have medicare. My dog gets better care from the vet. Because so few doctors are medicare providers they process those ciphers as fast as possible. It helps to have already diagnosed yourself before you go.

Take the profit out of healthcare, or any business, and you will have no business.

No...not solved...that makes it worse...nothing gets better when you simply rely on the good feelings of those providing it......Cell Phones didn't get better because you took the profit out of it...cars didn't get better because you took the profit out of it.......medicine needs to be profit driven with more connection between the actual customer paying for the service and the people providing it...that is how you increase quality and lower the cost.......

You want people to give up their youth....from the till they are in their early 30s studying medicine and then to become nothing more than government clock punchers.....would you sacrifice that much of your life for so little reward....and so little respect?

Take government out...increase competition and increase customer-provider interaction and dependence..that is how you improve medicine...

Yeah, and so was medicare. You are not going to get me to diss this much needed care that all citizens in this country is entitled to. Understand that half of seniors in this country living off of SS and Medicare do so because of tax payers such as you and I...who put no where near the money we spend on them in the program to began with, but that is the price we pay to live in this country. Prior to ACA, if you think about it, we paid for the uninsured. Every time they visited a ER or clinic, it was you and I the tax payers paying for it, so why now do we have a problem having THEM PAY JUST A LITTLE SOMETHING FOR IT THROUGH ACA?

Also keep in mind, 80% of the people in this country do not use nor need ACA...because our employers provide it for us. That's why Trump sounds stupid talking about his people when he himself provides company insurance.

This is just another example of the industry getting us all to turn on ACA, so they can revert back to fuckin over workers and giving themselves these mega bonuses they're use to. ACA demanded that they pay 80% of all thier money no the people....that is not a bad thing....you need to really educated yourself on ACA and stop with the anti gov. shit.

Take the profit out of healthcare, or any business, and you will have no business.
Apple and Oranges pal. A business doesn't decide whether I live or die from a denied operation...now go back to the end of the line.

Yeah, and so was medicare. You are not going to get me to diss this much needed care that all citizens in this country is entitled to. Understand that half of seniors in this country living off of SS and Medicare do so because of tax payers such as you and I...who put no where near the money we spend on them in the program to began with, but that is the price we pay to live in this country. Prior to ACA, if you think about it, we paid for the uninsured. Every time they visited a ER or clinic, it was you and I the tax payers paying for it, so why now do we have a problem having THEM PAY JUST A LITTLE SOMETHING FOR IT THROUGH ACA?

Also keep in mind, 80% of the people in this country do not use nor need ACA...because our employers provide it for us. That's why Trump sounds stupid talking about his people when he himself provides company insurance.

This is just another example of the industry getting us all to turn on ACA, so they can revert back to fuckin over workers and giving themselves these mega bonuses they're use to. ACA demanded that they pay 80% of all thier money no the people....that is not a bad thing....you need to really educated yourself on ACA and stop with the anti gov. shit.

Guy.....the fines and penalites go into effect next year.....all those employee based insurance plans...are going bye bye...it will be cheaper to drop your employee plan and throw your people on obamacare...and pay the fine...than to pay for their insurance...that is a huge part of the plan to destroy the private healthcare system...they put this part of the plan off till after the election....

No...not solved...that makes it worse...nothing gets better when you simply rely on the good feelings of those providing it......Cell Phones didn't get better because you took the profit out of it...cars didn't get better because you took the profit out of it.......medicine needs to be profit driven with more connection between the actual customer paying for the service and the people providing it...that is how you increase quality and lower the cost.......

You want people to give up their youth....from the till they are in their early 30s studying medicine and then to become nothing more than government clock punchers.....would you sacrifice that much of your life for so little reward....and so little respect?

Take government out...increase competition and increase customer-provider interaction and dependence..that is how you improve medicine...
Give up their fuckin youth to practice medicine??? LOLOLOLOL man you have not only drinkin the kool aid, your drunk from the shit.....trust me no practicing doctor in this country, ie America is suffering....they may have to drive a Mercede's vs a Rolls, but they'll survive...like give me fuckin break. My doctor gets paid a nice office fee, yet spends less than 10 minutes with me, with his assembly lining of patients. I've been dealing with this on going condition of my eyes for 2 fuckin years and have yet to have a cure for it...but I got 2 fuckin years of doctor bills to pay....as a matter of fact medicine is the only profession that gets paid regardless if you feel better or not.

Guy.....the fines and penalites go into effect next year.....all those employee based insurance plans...are going bye bye...it will be cheaper to drop your employee plan and throw your people on obamacare...and pay the fine...than to pay for their insurance...that is a huge part of the plan to destroy the private healthcare system...they put this part of the plan off till after the election....
Yeah, lets all wait on our $5000 voucher...bitch please!!

Yea, what he said! Profit is for losers and is stupid. Look at the great service/products you get when there is no profit motive or competition. I mean every time I go into the government monopoly called the DMV, I get great service from well trained and responsive people. I am in and out in just a few hours. Apple has made billions giving the world a bunch of shitty technology. If the government was creating iPhones and laptops they'd be free to everyone and they would never have a glitch. Look at the outstanding medical care our Vets get in the VA health system. Don't all Americans deserve to get that sort of great, cheap healthcare?

Take the profit out of healthcare and you will see less people willing to invest their time and treasure into that field. Why spend decades developing a medicine if you aren't going to be allowed to profit from it? Why spend all those years in medical school when you can't make a profit?

Apple and Oranges pal. A business doesn't decide whether I live or die from a denied operation...now go back to the end of the line.

You think healthcare is not an industry? :lmao:

I have medicare. My dog gets better care from the vet. Because so few doctors are medicare providers they process those ciphers as fast as possible. It helps to have already diagnosed yourself before you go.
Back in the day everybody wanted to be a doctor or a lawyer, etc....today we import doctors...I see more mf's from India than I see from Harvard...but that's america for you. Bottom line is this, we are a population of many, and people aren't going for medical degree's as fast as we like..that is just life. And its not because of money, its because today's america wants a easy way of everything and medicine is hard and playing the market isn't.

If government completes the takeover of healthcare....it will be a tragedy of unlimited proportions...as life saving innovations are never discovered....and the young and the old are sacrificed to a wasteful, corrupt, government run system....just like the V.A.

Why is it that these fools think that the government that can't run the V.A. for a few million veterans...can increase their responsibilites to 320 million people and actually do a better job...? Where actual human beings are dying because they can't get in to see doctors who are specifically there to serve their needs.......

This is why I think left wingers are insane....

Take the profit out of healthcare and you will see less people willing to invest their time and treasure into that field. Why spend decades developing a medicine if you aren't going to be allowed to profit from it? Why spend all those years in medical school when you can't make a profit?
Oh, so you get into medicine not to serve humanity, but to make a profit....only a conservative christian could come up with that one....God bless ya!!

Forum List

Back