Syrian Christian family, visas in hand, turned back at airport

guno

Gold Member
Mar 18, 2014
NYC and NC
:eusa_whistle:

Two brothers, their wives and children left war-torn Syria with 16 suitcases and crossed the border into Lebanon. They were finally on their way to the United States after working for almost 15 years to join their family members stateside.

But after a flight from Beirut to Doha, Qatar, and then to Philadelphia on Saturday, the two families were told to get on a flight back to Doha. It was becausePresident Donald Trump had just signed an executive order denying citizens from seven countries, including Syria, entry into the United States.

Syrian Christian immigrants turned back at airport - CNN.com

• Thanks
Reactions: xyz
Your point?
Are you that thick, or just haven't heard Trump's rhetoric?
President Trump has stated that he wants to prioritize Christian refugees over Muslims ( Your Trumpenfuhrer Speaks: Christian Refugees Will Be Given First Priority Entering US, Not Muslims ) AND the stated reason for the ban on the 7 Muslim countries is to prevent Islamic terrorism.

the OP refers to a case where Christians, who were supposed to be prioritized are being referred entry in order to stop Muslim terrorists.

Please explain how that makes sense to you.

Prioritize does not mean a walk-through. Was their religious belief confirmed? If so, how do you know?
Well here we go folks. There's the path we've started down.

What path is that? That CNN wrote a story?

Please, we've been here before.
No I don't recall America ever forcing people to prove they are from a preferred religion. I can think of another country that's done that before though...

Two brothers, their wives and children left war-torn Syria with 16 suitcases and crossed the border into Lebanon. They were finally on their way to the United States after working for almost 15 years to join their family members stateside.

But after a flight from Beirut to Doha, Qatar, and then to Philadelphia on Saturday, the two families were told to get on a flight back to Doha. It was becausePresident Donald Trump had just signed an executive order denying citizens from seven countries, including Syria, entry into the United States.

Suddenly you care about Christians?

Prioritize does not mean a walk-through. Was their religious belief confirmed? If so, how do you know?

No I don't recall America ever forcing people to prove they are from a preferred religion. I can think of another country that's done that before though...
You guys sure love your Nazi/Hitler references.

I bet guano cheered when Bubba sent this poor refugee back to Cuba.

AlanDiaz.jpg

Christians in that region are being rather systematically massacred by Muslims. All things are not relative, and the establishment clause does not prevent our right to choose who will and will not enter the United States.

Prioritize does not mean a walk-through.
It's closer to walk through than completely banned

Was their religious belief confirmed? If so, how do you know?
Is there any reason to doubt? The mere possibility that Christian refugees, who are supposed to be prioritized, are banned due to measures supposed to stop Islamic terrorists, exposes a flaw.

Again, how do you know they were Christian? You, personally.

Christians in that region are being rather systematically massacred by Muslims. All things are not relative, and the establishment clause does not prevent our right to choose who will and will not enter the United States.
What region? Syria? The region where hundreds of thousands of Muslims have been massacred?

Wow look at that. Donald J. Trump just got JooNo to care about Christians. Trump really is a miracle worker.

Prioritize does not mean a walk-through.
It's closer to walk through than completely banned

Was their religious belief confirmed? If so, how do you know?
Is there any reason to doubt? The mere possibility that Christian refugees, who are supposed to be prioritized, are banned due to measures supposed to stop Islamic terrorists, exposes a flaw.

Again, how do you know they were Christian? You, personally.
The same way that you, personally, know the people being "systematically massacred" in the Middle East were Christians.

The point is watch out what entire group you demonize and base your policy on that, it could come around to bite you

Suddenly you care about Christians?

don't particulatly like our homegrown fundy christers , but would never support a policy to deny them their rights unless they put in policies to take away others rights , like herr drumpf and that pinhead bible thumper pence is tying to do

Forum List

Back