Symptoms Of A Totalitarian Police State. Does The USA Fit The Description?

What Are The Symptoms Of A Police State? (Unlimited Poll Choices)

• Censorship

Votes: 18 78.3%
  • Indoctrination

• Persecution Of Political Opponents

• Discouraging Religious Liberty

Votes: 17 73.9%
  • Banana Republic

Votes: 14 60.9%
  • Kangaroo Courts

• Mass Surveillance

• Dictatorship or Oligarchy

Votes: 15 65.2%
  • Excessive Policing

Votes: 16 69.6%
  • Stifling Public Descent

Votes: 12 52.2%
  • Banning Public Assemblage

Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Disarming The Populace

Votes: 14 60.9%
  • Other

Votes: 5 21.7%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
The fact that you don’t see government being in kahoots with private enterprise to censor information as a tenant of an authoritarian government is very telling. Democrats prey on the willful ignorance of people like you, but we will all ultimately suffer the consequences.
I have no problem finding any information I look for. But then I live in reality.
That might be your problem. ;)

"So, when did you stop beating your wife?" Such a loaded question. I especially like the part where it asks if "excessive policing" is part of a police state.

Yes, they all are. But we're nowhere near that level. The 'total' in 'totalitarian' really means it; we still have Constitutional rights, so we're fine.

At least for now. After all, the Supreme Court did just remove a major guaranteed right for the first time in history, so it probably wouldn't hurt for us to perk up our ears and brush up on our Constitutional theory.

The fact that you don’t see government being in kahoots with private enterprise to censor information as a tenant of an authoritarian government is very telling. Democrats prey on the willful ignorance of people like you, but we will all ultimately suffer the consequences.
You mean like when Trump told the NFL to get rid of players kneeling during the anthem?

"So, when did you stop beating your wife?" Such a loaded question. I especially like the part where it asks if "excessive policing" is part of a police state.

Yes, they all are. But we're nowhere near that level. The 'total' in 'totalitarian' really means it; we still have Constitutional rights, so we're fine.

At least for now. After all, the Supreme Court did just remove a major guaranteed right for the first time in history, so it probably wouldn't hurt for us to perk up our ears and brush up on our Constitutional theory.
"At least for now" is an appropriate term. It indicates that we're heading in the wrong direction.

No where does the 2nd amendment indicate an age for gun ownership. Should we remove the gun detectors from our schools and let the students wear their six-shooters? Children have rights too!

No where does it state that rights have no limits either. Rights have always had limits.

Unlimited Poll Choices

Generally speaking, a “Police State” can be described as a totalitarian government that regulates or over-regulates a society by a set of very strict standards. It is usually run by a single individual or political party. It's possible that two parties can share control as long as both parties share a vision of complete control over the populace and are able to work in concert. Any deviation from that specific goal is seen as antagonistic towards the State and will be met with punitive actions.

Current Police States like China and North Korea practice mass surveillance through video monitoring; strategically placed cameras; and other forms of electronic surveillance like monitoring social media sites; cell phone traffic; etc.

It's very common for the leader or leaders of a Police State to persecute and/or arrest and/or assassinate their political opponents. This process is directed via those in power by use of police actions and/or “kangaroo courts” not unlike them found in Banana Republics.

Police States are prone towards censoring information not in line with the official, political narrative and are quick to push their political ideals and agendas via various indoctrination centers like public schools; media outlets (television, radio, newspapers, etc.); school boards meetings; signage; etc.

In your opinion, has the USA become a Banana Republic, Police State, or is she rapidly moving in that direction?

NazisDemocrats.png

No where does it state that rights have no limits either. Rights have always had limits.
I suppose it depends on which rights you're speaking of. I have a 100% right to defend myself. We have a 100% right to eat, drink, and survive. The list can go on and on.

No where does the 2nd amendment indicate an age for gun ownership. Should we remove the gun detectors from our schools and let the students wear their six-shooters? Children have rights too!
Seriously how is a kid going to cock a six shooter in an argument, you got go with the semi-automatic at that age..

I suppose it depends on which rights you're speaking of. I have a 100% right to defend myself. We have a 100% right to eat, drink, and survive. The list can go on and on.

No, you don't have a 100% right to defend yourself.

Imagine you're holding a mini nuclear device which could blow up a whole city. Someone pulls out a knife... are you allowed to "defend yourself" with that nuclear device?

Yes, it's a little quirky seeing how you'll die, but the example is there.

With self defense there's often the "use of reasonable force" there. You can't go around shooting people just for the hell of it and claim they could have attacked you.

Self defense has loads of limits.

You don't have the "right to eat, drink and survive". Why? Because there's never been a need.

Rights are power taken from the powerful. It started with the Magna Carta in 1215 when King John had some of his powers taken from him by his rich people. Rights as a theory have changed since there, now we consider rights when EVERYBODY has them, otherwise they're a privilege, but this is relatively new with the Bill of Rights (sort of, even then there was slavery) and the US changing what England had made them.

Governments don't go around stopping people from eating and drinking food, in the general, so nobody's bothered to take the power to stop people from eating and drinking from them.

Rights are generally powers that governments will want to keep for themselves, but the people, or whoever, will want to stop the government from having.

Forum List

Back