Swiss voters back law behind Covid vaccine certificate

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras

Well what a shocker. Two thirds of Swiss folk support vax certificates. I suspect this is pretty standard across the world. The issue here is that the crazies are well organised and have a loud voice.

I would like to think that the normal world will push on with this and start to isolate crazy. Maybe out the back,near the bins here they cant infect the rest of us.

Well, 'can't infect the rest of us' was supposed to be the vaccine's job.
This is such a broad, nuanced, complicated topic.

And the ONLY point you managed to eke out of that mushy brain of yours is to argue against a lie you made up?

Sad.

This is such a broad, nuanced, complicated topic.

And the ONLY point you managed to eke out of that mushy brain of yours is to argue against a lie you made up?

Sad.
What was a lie, could you clarify by using simple words that my mushy brain would be able to proceed?

What was a lie, could you clarify by using simple words that my mushy brain would be able to proceed?
I already tried that in my first post. You mushybrained goobers are a dime a dozen. I knew going in not to use big words.

But you do provide an excellent illustration of how sadly and proudly ignorant so many Americans are. I imagine that, if you actually believe the lies that you tell, your goofy positions then make sense.

I already tried that in my first post. You mushybrained goobers are a dime a dozen. I knew going in not to use big words.

But you do provide an excellent illustration of how sadly and proudly ignorant so many Americans are. I imagine that, if you actually believe the lies that you tell, your goofy positions then make sense.
What was a lie? I ask you again. That the vaccine was supposed to save a person from the Covid disease?

Well what a shocker. Two thirds of Swiss folk support vax certificates. I suspect this is pretty standard across the world. The issue here is that the crazies are well organised and have a loud voice.

I would like to think that the normal world will push on with this and start to isolate crazy. Maybe out the back,near the bins here they cant infect the rest of us.

There is no "vax certificate". There are three options to receive the certificate:

1. You don't have to be vaccinated to receive the Swiss Covid certificate, but being vaccinated is of course one option.
  2. If you have had covid and recovered you receive the certificate - it seems they value natural immunity.
  3. And if you test negative within a 48 hour period is the third option for receiving the Swiss covid certificate.

"The COVID certificate provides documentary evidence that you have had a COVID-19 vaccination, have had and recovered from the disease or have tested negative."

Coronavirus: the COVID certificate basics

The Swiss were threatened with lock-downs if they didn't approve the certificate.

The Swiss are very practical and grounded. The also have a highly skilled work force and the highest GNP in the world.

The Swiss are very practical and grounded. The also have a highly skilled work force and the highest GNP in the world.

And they also don't have a "vax certificate". They do however recognize natural immunity, testing within a 48 hour period and being vaccinated. The Swiss call it a "Covid certificate"

And they also don't have a "vax certificate". They do however recognize natural immunity, testing within a 48 hour period and being vaccinated. The Swiss call it a "Covid certificate"

I loved living there and I love the Swiss.

They have been very welcoming everytime I have gone for a visit.

You say you appreciate Switzerland but you don't seem to know much about them. For instance that Switzerland does not have a "vaccination certificate". I suspect the closest you've come to spending time in Switzerland is when in transit through Geneva or Zurich while headed to the Emirates.

You say you appreciate Switzerland but you don't seem to know much about them. For instance that Switzerland does not have a "vaccination certificate". I suspect the closest you've come to spending time in Switzerland is when in transit through Geneva or Zurich while headed to the Emirates.

Nope. I loved in Lugano and Andermatt and spent lots of time in Geneva and Zurich.. skiing in St Moritz. I was very lucky to have visited many, many times even before I got to live there.

Nope. I loved in Lugano and Andermatt and spent lots of time in Geneva and Zurich.. skiing in St Moritz. I was very lucky to have visited many, many times even before I got to live there.

And you don't know that Switzerland doesn't have a "vaccination certificate"???

Nobody ever made that claim. But your chances are better if you have had the jab.
The officials of various ranks were claiming mass vaccination was needed to stop spreading the virus. The figure of 70% percent of the adult population was frequently cited as a needed goal. It is just ridiculous to deny that.

Your chances don't change whether vaccinated people are around you or not. Vaccinated people can bear the virus and transmit it.

And you don't know that Switzerland doesn't have a "vaccination certificate"???

You are being obtuse. Call it what you like but the main way that folk are getting a pass is through the vax. I have one myself and it took 5 minutes to do. Covid passport is another name for it but its the same thing.

Forum List

Back