'Swamp' Thing: Newt recants claim Trump is ditching anti-corruption vow

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
Appears the cuts and accountability will remain....

'Swamp' Thing: Newt recants claim Trump is ditching anti-corruption vow

Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich initially had told NPR that Trump “disclaims” the phrase and “now says it was cute, but he doesn't want to use it anymore.”

But Gingrich tweeted a video message on Thursday admitting he made a "big boo boo" and saying Trump has reminded him he still "intends to drain the swamp." Gingrich wrote, "I goofed. Draining the swamp is in."...

Trump's aides also said earlier he remains committed to his underlying swamp-draining policies, such as banning outgoing Trump transition and administration members from lobbying for five years. Trump also prohibits any lobbyists from joining his transition team or administration unless they de-register.

"President-elect Trump's ethics reform policies are full speed ahead," transition spokesman Jason Miller said. "We're going to change the way business is done in Washington and start putting the American people first."

Glad you put this up because I was going to put up a thread to clarify Newt's statements. He was misquoted by the left fake wing news and posters like Lakhota.

Gingrich never said Trump was NOT going to drain the swamp. Newt just said he was going to stop using that terminology.

Pro Trump people have to be very aware that the Clinton Media outlets are going to do everything in their power to lie to you about anything Trump or a surrogate says to get you to turn against the President.

Gingrich Says Trump Wants To Drop Draining The Swamp

That's the exact link to the exact quote where all Newt said was that Trump wanted to be kinder/gentler with his phrasing.

"According to Gingrich, Trump is transitioning into a more presidential tone and looking at what the country needs to prioritize."

And...

“I’ve noticed on a couple of fronts, like people chanting ‘lock her up,’ that he’s in a different role now and maybe he feels that as president, as the next president of the United States, that he should be marginally more dignified than talking about alligators in swamps,” he continued. “I personally have, as a sense of humor, like the alligator and swamp language."

'Someone incorrectly stated that the phrase "DRAIN THE SWAMP" was no longer being used by me. Actually, we will always be trying to DTS.' - Trump on twitter

Forum List

Back