Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
Jimmy Swaggart’s son: LGBT activists would behead Christians if they could

David Ferguson
18 Nov 2014 at 13:03 ET
FacebookTwitterMore

Don't miss stories. Follow Raw Story!

Pastor and Christian activists Donnie Swaggart said during a recent broadcast of the Houston, Texas talk show Frances and Friends that LGBT activists are like the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria (ISIS) in that they want to destroy Christianity and behead its practitioners.

According to Right Wing Watch, Swaggart — the son of disgraced 1980s televangelist Jimmy Swaggart — made the statements in response to local efforts to enforce the city of Houston’s anti-discrimination ordinance.

“All of this is to shut the Bible up,” Swaggart said. “They want the Bible gone. And I’m going to make a statement: These people that are trying to do this in Houston, the only difference between them and ISIS, those thugs in Iraq, is those here cannot chop our heads off. That’s the only difference. The heart is the same. The heart is the same. If they could silence us that way to intimidate others, that’s exactly what they would do.”

Swaggart’s father, Jimmy Swaggart was caught with a prostitute in a hotel room located along New Orleans’ notoriously sleazy Airport Highway in 1987. He made a dramatic, tearful public apology on his television network — although he declined to specifically name the “sin” he was apologizing for.

In spite of the apology, Swaggart’s multi-million dollar empire was rocked to its foundations and never fully recovered. It was one of the most high-profile falls from grace in the history of the U.S. evangelical Christian community, second only perhaps to the rape and corruption scandal that took down fellow televangelist Jim Bakker.

Video at the link.

Its not as though some of them would miss their heads.

“All of this is to shut the Bible up,” Swaggart said. “They want the Bible gone."

I'm an atheist. I don't want the Bible gone, if for no other reason than the rich literary and historical influence the Bible has had. I don't want to condemn anyone because they have faith, or what faith they choose to believe in. I don't want to ban churches or worship or Christmas or any other such thing. I just don't want religion to be the basis of laws or legal systems, I don't want tax money to support it, I don't want people to use it as a justification to hurt or restrict anyone else, and I don't want it jammed into science classes.

Worship who, what, when , where, why, and how you want, just don't force me to worship with you.

[
Jimmy Swaggart’s son: LGBT activists would behead Christians if they could

David Ferguson
18 Nov 2014 at 13:03 ET
FacebookTwitterMore

Don't miss stories. Follow Raw Story!

Pastor and Christian activists Donnie Swaggart said during a recent broadcast of the Houston, Texas talk show Frances and Friends that LGBT activists are like the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria (ISIS) in that they want to destroy Christianity and behead its practitioners.

According to Right Wing Watch, Swaggart — the son of disgraced 1980s televangelist Jimmy Swaggart — made the statements in response to local efforts to enforce the city of Houston’s anti-discrimination ordinance.

“All of this is to shut the Bible up,” Swaggart said. “They want the Bible gone. And I’m going to make a statement: These people that are trying to do this in Houston, the only difference between them and ISIS, those thugs in Iraq, is those here cannot chop our heads off. That’s the only difference. The heart is the same. The heart is the same. If they could silence us that way to intimidate others, that’s exactly what they would do.”

Swaggart’s father, Jimmy Swaggart was caught with a prostitute in a hotel room located along New Orleans’ notoriously sleazy Airport Highway in 1987. He made a dramatic, tearful public apology on his television network — although he declined to specifically name the “sin” he was apologizing for.

In spite of the apology, Swaggart’s multi-million dollar empire was rocked to its foundations and never fully recovered. It was one of the most high-profile falls from grace in the history of the U.S. evangelical Christian community, second only perhaps to the rape and corruption scandal that took down fellow televangelist Jim Bakker.

Video at the link.

Its not as though some of them would miss their heads.

I'm sure, they would behead Christians if they could, man some of these Christians are loons, and I'm one.

“All of this is to shut the Bible up,” Swaggart said. “They want the Bible gone."

I'm an atheist. I don't want the Bible gone, if for no other reason than the rich literary and historical influence the Bible has had. I don't want to condemn anyone because they have faith, or what faith they choose to believe in. I don't want to ban churches or worship or Christmas or any other such thing. I just don't want religion to be the basis of laws or legal systems, I don't want tax money to support it, I don't want people to use it as a justification to hurt or restrict anyone else, and I don't want it jammed into science classes.

Worship who, what, when , where, why, and how you want, just don't force me to worship with you.

Exactly.

I've never heard the hate we see here from the christians coming from lgbt or atheists. Christians can be the ugliest people, so full of fear, hate and attacking innocent people.

And always in the name of their God.

Live and let live.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you really need to read more of your threads then

Oh please.

You're one of the most judgmental here. All you do is preach and screech.

You're welcome to believe whatever you need to believe but why can't you just leave other people to their beliefs? Why don't you just MYOB?

Forum List

Back