Sustainable business, the new giant in business

as long as every solar and wind farm needs a NG back up fossil fuels aren't going anywhere.

It's going to take a long time to replace fossil fuel even with our best efforts. That being said, I think solar looks very promising. We should be utilizing nuclear too.

as long as every solar and wind farm needs a NG back up fossil fuels aren't going anywhere.
After observing the success of the Hornsdale Battery, Tesla cannot keep up with demand; Tesla: Demand for Powerwall, Megapack continues to outstrip supply

sorry to burst your bubble but we will never be able to run our economy on batteries

It's going to take a long time to replace fossil fuel even with our best efforts. That being said, I think solar looks very promising. We should be utilizing nuclear too.
Solar will be every bit as big as wind, and more versatile. I see no need for nuclear.

After observing the success of the Hornsdale Battery, Tesla cannot keep up with demand; Tesla: Demand for Powerwall, Megapack continues to outstrip supply

sorry to burst your bubble but we will never be able to run our economy on batteries

That is not the only way to achieve grid scale storage;

That is not the only way to achieve grid scale storage;

yeah we can out those right next to the cold fusion reactors

I see no need for nuclear.

It'll take a lot longer without nuclear.

we can't meet today's electricity demands with solar wind and battery power.

and if we ever do get off fossil fuels the demand for electricity will increase exponentially

there is no way we can even come close without relying on nuclear power. We need to be researching and investing in the next generation of nuclear reactors

and if we ever do get off fossil fuels the demand for electricity will increase exponentially

there is no way we can even come close without relying on nuclear power. We need to be researching and investing in the next generation of nuclear reactors

I think solar will grow beyond our imagining in the next 300 years, but yes, I agree.

I think solar will grow beyond our imagining in the next 300 years, but yes, I agree.

i'm not so sure.

Large solar farms in remote locations that only produce electricity half the time need a lot of copper wire for transmission. it doesn't make sense to spend that much money of transmission lines that will only be carrying power some of the time. it's the inherent problem with intermittent power sources.

I'd rather see solar panels put on every south and southwest facing roof top than spend a ridiculous amount of money on mega solar farms

i'm not so sure.

Large solar farms in remote locations that only produce electricity half the time need a lot of copper wire for transmission. it doesn't make sense to spend that much money of transmission lines that will only be carrying power some of the time. it's the inherent problem with intermittent power sources.

I'd rather see solar panels put on every south and southwest facing roof top than spend a ridiculous amount of money on mega solar farms

A lot more than just solar will be changing in 300 years. The entire process might end up working in a way we don't know about. In fact I am sure it will.

i'm not so sure.

A lot more than just solar will be changing in 300 years. The entire process might end up working in a way we don't know about. In fact I am sure it will.

It won't happen in my life time and at least I'll miss the economic collapse that is likely to proceed any realistic energy policy

i'm not so sure.

The large transmission wires are aluminum.

i'm not so sure.

Virtual power plants.

Forum List

Back