Susan Collins may be forced to vote No on Brett Kavanagh

Terrible for the country if you believe in the founders, GOD, religion and protecting the rights of unborn children. Terrible if you believe in PROTECTING the PRESUMPTION OF INNOCENCE. It was mere allegations about the Jews that created the situation that allowed for 6 million of them to be murdered. The reason we have the PRESUMPTION OF INNOCENCE is to prevent that type of terror that is so common in dictatorships!
There's no presumption of innocence unless it's a criminal case, and that's the "case," so please cease that crap. If you think Kavenaugh is getign a rough deal in being confirmed for his dream job, you have a right to think that.

Collins will be teapartied or beaten by a dem in 20. She's being sacrificed for the seat on the Court.
Maybe she's got a tough decision to make and as one of the few people in the Senate who is willing to think for herself, she's going to take heat from both sides. She can take it and 2020 is a really long way away. I don't see the people of Maine losing all respect for her over this decision. She will explain her reasoning, whichever way it goes, and as usual those of us who don't agree are welcome to vote for someone else. I am really interested in hearing which way she goes, though.
If she votes nay, she'd be reelected without any problem, but she'll face a primary from the Trump folks.

In Maine, dems can't vote in gop primaries unless they switch 15 days ahead. Indeps can vote in any primary. And yes, I had to look this up. LOL

Maine - Open Primaries
Terrible for the country if you believe in the founders, GOD, religion and protecting the rights of unborn children. Terrible if you believe in PROTECTING the PRESUMPTION OF INNOCENCE. It was mere allegations about the Jews that created the situation that allowed for 6 million of them to be murdered. The reason we have the PRESUMPTION OF INNOCENCE is to prevent that type of terror that is so common in dictatorships!
There's no presumption of innocence unless it's a criminal case, and that's the "case," so please cease that crap. If you think Kavenaugh is getign a rough deal in being confirmed for his dream job, you have a right to think that.

Collins will be teapartied or beaten by a dem in 20. She's being sacrificed for the seat on the Court.
Maybe she's got a tough decision to make and as one of the few people in the Senate who is willing to think for herself, she's going to take heat from both sides. She can take it and 2020 is a really long way away. I don't see the people of Maine losing all respect for her over this decision. She will explain her reasoning, whichever way it goes, and as usual those of us who don't agree are welcome to vote for someone else. I am really interested in hearing which way she goes, though.
If she votes nay, she'd be reelected without any problem, but she'll face a primary from the Trump folks.

In Maine, dems can't vote in gop primaries unless they switch 15 days ahead. Indeps can vote in any primary. And yes, I had to look this up. LOL

Maine - Open Primaries
Independents cannot vote in any primary. I ought to know. I live here, and I'm too danged stubborn to lie and switch my registration to primary someone.
My bad. It says "unaffiliated"

Maine - Open Primaries
Yes, that's what they call us.

Maine - Open Primaries

Maine - Open Primaries
Independents cannot vote in any primary. I ought to know. I live here, and I'm too danged stubborn to lie and switch my registration to primary someone.
...anywhere near Waldo County?
I'm going there next week for a conference--not really close, but I've been through there many times. Got any good restaurant suggestions?
It's nice country and the people were pretty good when last seen. That was too long ago to have any current restaurant tips.
Lobsters probably cost more than $2.40 a lb., for example.

Maine - Open Primaries

Maine - Open Primaries
...anywhere near Waldo County?
I'm going there next week for a conference--not really close, but I've been through there many times. Got any good restaurant suggestions?
It's nice country and the people were pretty good when last seen. That was too long ago to have any current restaurant tips.
Lobsters probably cost more than $2.40 a lb., for example.
I'd rather try to get a decent steak. Lobster is always cheap where I'm at.

Good for the country if we can keep an anti-civil rights, OBVIOUSLY partisan "judge" off the highest court of the land.

Does not matter that its not a criminal case or that its like a Job interview as some have claimed. The Presumption of Innocence is moral imperative regardless of situation, arena, etc. It is at the heart of what this country values most.

The Nazis did not have criminal trials for the Jews. They were rounded up and murdered based on false allegations about what the Jews were as people. Same with the start of slavery in the United States. No criminal trial, just false allegations and there you go. Same in Stalin's Soviet Union.

It is wrong and immoral for someone, or a group of people, to be judged based on unsubstantiated allegations.

Whether or not someone advances to the Supreme Court should be based on FACTS and FACTS alone. Vote Yes or No based on his work as a Judge, not based on unsubstantiated allegations. Otherwise, the nomination process will become a circus.

Susan Collins is getting HEAVY pressure right now in her home state of Maine to vote against Brett Kavanagh. She is up for election in 2020. If the pressure is enough, I don't think she will risk her future career for Brett Kavanagh.

I don't think the FBI will find anything more than what is known. But Susan Collins is a Republican in a firmly BLUE STATE. On a divisive issue like this, she is not going to risk her career with a yes vote. Too much is at stake for her.

So the Senate vote will be 51 to 49 against Brett Kavanagh. It will be a sad day for the country and a sad day for the presumption of innocence. I'm sorry that this terrible injustice happened to Brett Kavanagh and his family.
This is not a legal preceding. There is no presumption of innocence in play. Its merely a job interview where if you have claims of being a sexual molester of animals I am not going to hire you to watch my dog, cut my grass, paint my house, etc etc because you have a dubious past. This may or may not be provable but I am not going to take a chance.

Welcome to the circus then. Most job interviews are private. This is public. If people think all it takes is a mere allegation to take down a Supreme Court nominee, it will become a free for all.

Whether or not someone advances to the Supreme Court or not should be based on indisputable FACT's. It should not be based on rumor, hearsay, unsubstantiated allegation. Your vote should be based on what you KNOW, not on just any old thing someone spews from their mouth.

Susan Collins is getting HEAVY pressure right now in her home state of Maine to vote against Brett Kavanagh. She is up for election in 2020. If the pressure is enough, I don't think she will risk her future career for Brett Kavanagh.

I don't think the FBI will find anything more than what is known. But Susan Collins is a Republican in a firmly BLUE STATE. On a divisive issue like this, she is not going to risk her career with a yes vote. Too much is at stake for her.

So the Senate vote will be 51 to 49 against Brett Kavanagh. It will be a sad day for the country and a sad day for the presumption of innocence. I'm sorry that this terrible injustice happened to Brett Kavanagh and his family.
This is not a legal preceding. There is no presumption of innocence in play. Its merely a job interview where if you have claims of being a sexual molester of animals I am not going to hire you to watch my dog, cut my grass, paint my house, etc etc because you have a dubious past. This may or may not be provable but I am not going to take a chance.

Welcome to the circus then. Most job interviews are private. This is public. If people think all it takes is a mere allegation to take down a Supreme Court nominee, it will become a free for all.

Whether or not someone advances to the Supreme Court or not should be based on indisputable FACT's. It should not be based on rumor, hearsay, unsubstantiated allegation. Your vote should be based on what you KNOW, not on just any old thing someone spews from their mouth.
It doesn't come down to even being a job interview as the other poster suggests. It's just a disguise for being a us vs them issue.
They really didn't need a Christine Ford to perjure herself, they would have had just voted against him for three different reasons.
1) Garland's treatment
2) Trump's nominating him
3) Sets back the notion of a left leaning Supreme Court for at least a generation

Tough shit. However, we know that most people dont go around accusing people of being a sexual predator because they will get sued. Its very interesting that the people that get accused rarely if ever try to sue the accuser because they know their dirt will be exposed. My take is if you have nothing to hide then you shouldnt be afraid of an accusation.

I disagree. If you have these accusations hanging over your head and you are obviously not answering direct questions with a yes or no answer, and you are not demanding the FBI clear your name then you arent worthy of the position.

That and the fact her staff have received threats of rape and violence from liberals.

Those "concentration camps" have 1000x better living conditions than where the kids came from. Don't enter the US illegally and avoid the lavish treatment.

Somehow, taking kids away from their parents isn't lavish.

Daily litany of horrors, please list a few...I'm blanking???

Yes, the sad thing is, you think Trump's behavior is acceptable. Government by the Ignorant for the ignorant and of the ignorant shall perish from this land.

The people in the Obama admin didn't have a hostile press reporting 95% negative fake news.

Neither does Trump. The sad thing is, Trump's own tweets are scary enough, the press doesn't need to elaborate.

Yesterday he was mocking rape victims...

Living in the urban plantation? A democrat? Drank the koolade? See CA lately, that liberal democrat paradise? Please be careful so you don't step on feces or needles...

Right, because the White Trash Trailer Parks in Jesus-land are so much better... oh, wait, they aren't.

Most women remember the Duke Lacrosse Team (now Kavanaugh) and the nightmare they endured proving that poor raped girl lied her ass off. Bring on November, the voters see which party has the truth on their side.

Actually, what I remember about the LaCrosse Team was that a bunch of entitled white boys hired some strippers and hurled racist insults at them, because they were entitled. They were hardly innocent.

Does not matter that its not a criminal case or that its like a Job interview as some have claimed. The Presumption of Innocence is moral imperative regardless of situation, arena, etc. It is at the heart of what this country values most.

Whether or not someone advances to the Supreme Court should be based on FACTS and FACTS alone. Vote Yes or No based on his work as a Judge, not based on unsubstantiated allegations. Otherwise, the nomination process will become a circus.

Sorry, man, it is like a job interview.

And if anyone came into a job interview ranting and screaming about conspiracies and how much they like beer, they'd probably be rejected by any half-asleep HR department.

That assumes that the Trump people have that much juice in the party by 2020.

By 2020, he might well have already been removed by impeachment or the 25th Amendment.

Somehow, taking kids away from their parents isn't lavish.
ANS: Their parents sent them north...ALONE. Next time stay home..

Yes, the sad thing is, you think Trump's behavior is acceptable. Government by the Ignorant for the ignorant and of the ignorant shall perish from this land.
ANS: You couldn't name any "daily horrors" so that was a lie

Neither does Trump. The sad thing is, Trump's own tweets are scary enough, the press doesn't need to elaborate.
ANS: There is no comparison between the adoration the MSM laid on Obama compared to the contempt for Trump.

Yesterday he was mocking rape victims...
ANS: Trump pointed out the inconsistencies of Ms. Ford accusation. Rightfully so. Her "witnesses" all contradicted her accusation?!

Right, because the White Trash Trailer Parks in Jesus-land are so much better... oh, wait, they aren't.
ANS: Yes they are, no feces and no needles

Actually, what I remember about the Duke LaCrosse Team was that a bunch of entitled white boys hired some strippers and hurled racist insults at them, because they were entitled. They were hardly innocent
ANS: Playing the racist victim card? Couldn't get into Duke or an Ivy League school? Yes they were innocent of the false rape charge that would have ruined their lives, hope that coxucking liar rots in jail.

And if anyone came into a job interview ranting and screaming about conspiracies and how much they like beer, they'd probably be rejected by any half-asleep HR department.

Well, Susan Collins will decide all this. Will see which way she votes soon.

I wonder how many people would hire a person to watch their child that was accused (not found guilty) of child molestation?

I wonder how many people would hire a person to watch their child that was accused (not found guilty) of child molestation?
How many republicans would allow their daughters to have a beer with Kavanaugh?

That and the fact her staff have received threats of rape and violence from liberals.
link?

Forum List

Back