Susan Collins may be forced to vote No on Brett Kavanagh

If Susan Collins votes no she will become a GOP outcast.

She is representing her constituents
They will be the ones voting for her

Her role here isn't to "represent her constituents." Her role here isn't to do what's best for her career. Being a Senator isn't supposed to be a career anyway. Her job here is to vote up or down on the absolute qualifications of a candidate whether her "constituents" like him or not based on the facts and evidence presented. And as a Repub, they ought to EXPECT her to vote for him. So far, he was an inch away from being confirmed to the SC based on a lifetime of outstanding, impeccable service, then some woman out of his childhood came along with this wild story that the guy grabbed her pussy at a party when she was a kid, that no one can corroborate, she was too young to be at, had no way to get there, forgets half the details, never reported, was drunk out of her skull, apparently has a history of mental issues, and now we are supposed to just dump this guy's life and career into the can?

I think NOT.
She is representing her constituents in the decision

And her constituents being house wives, truck drivers, burger chefs, secretaries, road workers and a hundred other jobs having nothing to do with law, and 99.99% of them never having ever even heard of Brett Kavanaugh before this much less know the first thing about his past career and accomplishments, get to decide if he is qualified for the Supreme Court?

Come to think of it, neither of my Senators know the FIRST THING about what I want or what I think so, just how do they "represent" me?

"Oh those wicked Dems" is right, and when punched by a bully, you punch back twice as hard.
If you ask me, he missed.

He does an interview on Fox News and the Dems criticize him for being soft, so he must be guilty.

He comes out swinging and lands a few good ones on the Dem Senators and they criticize him for being a bully.

Do you libtards ever listen to the hypocrisy in almost every word that slithers out of your mouth?

Obviously nothing matters to you because your limited IQ prevents you from understanding how utterly pathetic human beings you are!
Since I never criticized him for being soft or prejudged him before the hearing, you might want to word that post a little differently.
I think he "missed" because he is openly and admittedly too partisan, a traditional no-no on the Court and it is STILL being used against Ginsburg for her comments about Trump when Kavanaugh just declared war on the entire Democratic party.
In my mind, he also "missed" by behaving so unprofessionally and disrespectfully at the hearing. It was embarrassing to watch. I wondered if he'd been drinking some of those beers he professes to like so much.

So unprofessional and highly partisan. He's a miss.

He declared war on the Senators on the Judiciary committee for their abject clownfest!

He gave the respect that was deserved by those hypocrites and monons!

You know, my Dad loved beer too! In my entire life, I never saw him even the slightest bit drunk. I should be able to tell the difference because two of my uncles were raging alcoholics.

Wow, you're an authority on alcoholics too? So he likes beer, so f'n what?

Q.Why did he go on and on, on beer and how much he liked it?

A. Like all of his responses, to avoid answering a question. His performance, was very well practiced, with the W.H. Attorneys' counsel, to wit:

"never admit wrong doing, always repeat the same (Big Lie), "I was a great student, I was an athlete, I went to church, I'm a great person, I got into Yale"; and, they told him to not forget to be indignant; get mad; and make sure you attack the left wing, the Clintons' and of course the Democrats & the Ranking Member, but not ever attack Dr. Ford (you need the women Senators, remember that above all).
"never admit wrong doing, always repeat the same (Big Lie),
You're right--I never thought of that. It is exactly the way Trump handles it when he gets criticism. And a good part of why 60% of the country doesn't approve of him.
Kavanaugh may have hitched himself to the wrong star, here.

Her role here isn't to "represent her constituents." Her role here isn't to do what's best for her career. Being a Senator isn't supposed to be a career anyway. Her job here is to vote up or down on the absolute qualifications of a candidate whether her "constituents" like him or not based on the facts and evidence presented. And as a Repub, they ought to EXPECT her to vote for him. So far, he was an inch away from being confirmed to the SC based on a lifetime of outstanding, impeccable service, then some woman out of his childhood came along with this wild story that the guy grabbed her pussy at a party when she was a kid, that no one can corroborate, she was too young to be at, had no way to get there, forgets half the details, never reported, was drunk out of her skull, apparently has a history of mental issues, and now we are supposed to just dump this guy's life and career into the can?

I think NOT.

And her constituents being house wives, truck drivers, burger chefs, secretaries, road workers and a hundred other jobs having nothing to do with law, and 99.99% of them never having ever even heard of Brett Kavanaugh before this much less know the first thing about his past career and accomplishments, get to decide if he is qualified for the Supreme Court?

Come to think of it, neither of my Senators know the FIRST THING about what I want or what I think so, just how do they "represent" me?
Maybe you should tell them. I write to mine. You might start getting robo calls, though. I did.

I think NOT.

Maybe you should tell them. I write to mine. You might start getting robo calls, though. I did.
We all get those robo calls.

I think NOT.

Good to know. These were specifically from my U.S. Representative. It wouldn't let me email him without including my phone number, and I wasn't quick enough on my feet to enter a fake #. Whatever I was emailing him about, I felt the inevitable phone calls would be worth it.

I think NOT.

I didn’t.

I think NOT.

Good to know. These were specifically from my U.S. Representative. It wouldn't let me email him without including my phone number, and I wasn't quick enough on my feet to enter a fake #. Whatever I was emailing him about, I felt the inevitable phone calls would be worth it.

They want your phone number for much more than just to call you back. Your representative doesn't really represent you, and by giving them your phone number, you've opened the door into them finding out a whole world about who you are. Think about it, how can one person represent a hundred thousand people all with different wants, needs, views and ideals anyway? Give them a fake number and they may not call you but they'll soon learn to disregard you as mere spam.

Good for the country if we can keep an anti-civil rights, OBVIOUSLY partisan "judge" off the highest court of the land.

Terrible for the country if you believe in the founders, GOD, religion and protecting the rights of unborn children. Terrible if you believe in PROTECTING the PRESUMPTION OF INNOCENCE. It was mere allegations about the Jews that created the situation that allowed for 6 million of them to be murdered. The reason we have the PRESUMPTION OF INNOCENCE is to prevent that type of terror that is so common in dictatorships!
There's no presumption of innocence unless it's a criminal case, and that's the "case," so please cease that crap. If you think Kavenaugh is getign a rough deal in being confirmed for his dream job, you have a right to think that.

Collins will be teapartied or beaten by a dem in 20. She's being sacrificed for the seat on the Court.

They want your phone number for much more than just to call you back. Your representative doesn't really represent you, and by giving them your phone number, you've opened the door into them finding out a whole world about who you are. Think about it, how can one person represent a hundred thousand people all with different wants, needs, views and ideals anyway? Give them a fake number and they may not call you but they'll soon learn to disregard you as mere spam.
They can find out a whole world about me from my landline #?

Good for the country if we can keep an anti-civil rights, OBVIOUSLY partisan "judge" off the highest court of the land.

Terrible for the country if you believe in the founders, GOD, religion and protecting the rights of unborn children. Terrible if you believe in PROTECTING the PRESUMPTION OF INNOCENCE. It was mere allegations about the Jews that created the situation that allowed for 6 million of them to be murdered. The reason we have the PRESUMPTION OF INNOCENCE is to prevent that type of terror that is so common in dictatorships!
There's no presumption of innocence unless it's a criminal case, and that's the "case," so please cease that crap. If you think Kavenaugh is getign a rough deal in being confirmed for his dream job, you have a right to think that.

Collins will be teapartied or beaten by a dem in 20. She's being sacrificed for the seat on the Court.
Maybe she's got a tough decision to make and as one of the few people in the Senate who is willing to think for herself, she's going to take heat from both sides. She can take it and 2020 is a really long way away. I don't see the people of Maine losing all respect for her over this decision. She will explain her reasoning, whichever way it goes, and as usual those of us who don't agree are welcome to vote for someone else. I am really interested in hearing which way she goes, though.

Maybe she's got a tough decision to make and as one of the few people in the Senate who is willing to think for herself, she's going to take heat from both sides. She can take it and 2020 is a really long way away. I don't see the people of Maine losing all respect for her over this decision. She will explain her reasoning, whichever way it goes, and as usual those of us who don't agree are welcome to vote for someone else. I am really interested in hearing which way she goes, though.
If she votes nay, she'd be reelected without any problem, but she'll face a primary from the Trump folks.

In Maine, dems can't vote in gop primaries unless they switch 15 days ahead. Indeps can vote in any primary. And yes, I had to look this up. LOL

Maine - Open Primaries

Sotomayor
Ginsburg
Kagan
Breyer

Obviously partisan judges from the highest court of the land listed in this post, Bodecea.
Probably should have ran some political game to have kept them from serving like what the democrats are trying to do.
Partisan?
Like Kennedy who so often sided with them?

Explain how the four conservatives who just happen to find in the opposite are not then partisan as well?

Kavanaugh literally was shouting RW conspiracies in the hearing room. :laugh2:

Once upon a time (not really very long ago), Maine had two great U.S Senators at the same time. More remarkable, one was a Democrat and the other, Republican. And even more strange, they were friends. They even wrote a book together. They didn't vote the same way in the Senate, but they always voted for the interests of the voters first and party, at best, second. William Cohen and George Mitchell went on to serve under Presidents of their opposite parties. They both exemplified what one wants in a Senator.
Would that there were a test that told us if a Senatorial candidate were up to their level!

If she votes nay, she'd be reelected without any problem, but she'll face a primary from the Trump folks.

In Maine, dems can't vote in gop primaries unless they switch 15 days ahead. Indeps can vote in any primary. And yes, I had to look this up. LOL

Maine - Open Primaries

Maine - Open Primaries
Independents cannot vote in any primary. I ought to know. I live here, and I'm too danged stubborn to lie and switch my registration to primary someone.

Maine - Open Primaries

Maine - Open Primaries
Independents cannot vote in any primary. I ought to know. I live here, and I'm too danged stubborn to lie and switch my registration to primary someone.
...anywhere near Waldo County?

Susan Collins is getting HEAVY pressure right now in her home state of Maine to vote against Brett Kavanagh. She is up for election in 2020. If the pressure is enough, I don't think she will risk her future career for Brett Kavanagh.

I don't think the FBI will find anything more than what is known. But Susan Collins is a Republican in a firmly BLUE STATE. On a divisive issue like this, she is not going to risk her career with a yes vote. Too much is at stake for her.

So the Senate vote will be 51 to 49 against Brett Kavanagh. It will be a sad day for the country and a sad day for the presumption of innocence. I'm sorry that this terrible injustice happened to Brett Kavanagh and his family.
This is not a legal preceding. There is no presumption of innocence in play. Its merely a job interview where if you have claims of being a sexual molester of animals I am not going to hire you to watch my dog, cut my grass, paint my house, etc etc because you have a dubious past. This may or may not be provable but I am not going to take a chance.

Last edited:

Maine - Open Primaries

Maine - Open Primaries
...anywhere near Waldo County?
I'm going there next week for a conference--not really close, but I've been through there many times. Got any good restaurant suggestions?

Maine - Open Primaries

Maine - Open Primaries
My bad. It says "unaffiliated"

Maine - Open Primaries

Forum List

Back