Surprise! Oversampling Dems Puts Obama in Lead

You're going to sit there and state that Romney told no lies or half truths during the campaign? Really?

Keep in mind, for the overwhelming majority of Americans, they will never be in the exchanges.

If you're upset at Obama lying, fine. But you're not being totally honest yourself if you think Romney was totally without his red herrings. Did it swing 5,000,000+ votes? Puh-leeze.
I think all politicians lie, Candy. But my reference is to the media lying for the president, that is where the rubber meets the road. That ISN'T their job, their job is to vet what is stated and report that. Not happening.

You'll notice there was no denying the lies. Just shallow justifications.

Yep, it's all they got

You're going to sit there and state that Romney told no lies or half truths during the campaign? Really?

Keep in mind, for the overwhelming majority of Americans, they will never be in the exchanges.

If you're upset at Obama lying, fine. But you're not being totally honest yourself if you think Romney was totally without his red herrings. Did it swing 5,000,000+ votes? Puh-leeze.
I think all politicians lie, Candy. But my reference is to the media lying for the president, that is where the rubber meets the road. That ISN'T their job, their job is to vet what is stated and report that. Not happening.

You'll notice their was no denying the lies. Just shallow justifications.

Obama lied about you being able to keep your policy. Romney told several whoppers too.
Mostly about his own positions.

That you accept one as the price of doing business and wish to castigate the victor for the same tactics is a pretty shallow justification.

You'll notice their was no denying the lies. Just shallow justifications.

Obama lied about you being able to keep your policy. Romney told several whoppers too.
Mostly about his own positions.

That you accept one as the price of doing business and wish to castigate the victor for the same tactics is a pretty shallow justification.

Romney didn't tell these major lies you speak of. You only refer to your preset disposition to believe such things. As it is, you're an Obama supporter, and you recognize that he's not a man of valor. We'll see how that works out for you.

Awwww........Bullshit. The media wants readers, subscribers, ratings and advertisers. They will go where the money is and it doesn't matter what fucking party anyone is a member of.

How many nutters use this as an excuse for the fact that they cannot find national candidates who are not greatly flawed?

McCain? Palin? Romney? Ryan?

Come on........media my ass.
Yep, media your ass. The Obama had to be the least vetted presidential candidate by the media in 2008.
His obamacare bill's negative details which were out there but not being reported by the media.
There has been studies, most notable by a left leaning UCLA that has shown that there is left leaning media bias. Don't believe me....look it up.

There has been far more media reporting on this bridge debacle of Chistie than in any of Obama's scandals during the same period.
I really do hate defending Christie in this matter, but I do want to emphasize the disparity of the media.

Last edited:

Awwww........Bullshit. The media wants readers, subscribers, ratings and advertisers. They will go where the money is and it doesn't matter what fucking party anyone is a member of.

How many nutters use this as an excuse for the fact that they cannot find national candidates who are not greatly flawed?

Yep, media your ass. The Obama had to be the least vetted presidential candidate by the media in 2008.
His obamacare bill's negative details which were out there but not being reported by the media.
There has been studies, most notable by a left leaning UCLA that has shown that there is left leaning media bias. Don't believe me....look it up.

There has been far more media reporting on this bridge debacle of Chistie than in any of Obama's scandals during the same period.
I really do hate defending Christie in this matter, but I do want to emphasize the disparity of the media.

Media personnel lean left....because they are generally well educated and informed. Well educated and informed people are likely to be lefties. But...they print/produce what sells these days. And most still carry out their duties with journalistic integrity once the subject matter has been chosen.

The whole "media in the bag for Obama" EXCUSE is presented as fact. As evidence, you cite nothing. You just feel it.

Here is a report on a PEW study that counters your claim regarding the 2012 election cycle. Enjoy.

Study: Obama's Media Coverage More Negative Than Romney's - NationalJournal.com

Last edited:

Media personnel lean left....because they are generally well educated and informed. Well educated and informed people are likely to be lefties. But...they print/produce what sells these days. And most still carry out their duties with journalistic integrity when the subject matter has been chosen.

The whole "media in the bag for Obama" EXCUSE is presented as fact. As evidence, you cite nothing. You just feel it.

Here is a report on a PEW study that counters your claim regarding the 2012 election cycle. Enjoy.

Your opinion of journalist leaning left and intelligence is an opinion and nothing more. If the media was doing their job we would have known about the fallout from obamacare before people started losing their jnsurance. We would have known a lot more of Obama's scandal one way or the other, because they would have demanded answers from the administration. First page news wouldn't be found on page 18. I never talked about the 2012 election cycle. My example of Christie's scandal coverage and obama's scandal coverage by the media should speak volumes with you, but apparently not. I connect dots and you don't.

And the Romney campaign had what, $700,000,000 to get their message out? Puh-leeze.

The two men's agendas were held up against one another and Romney was judged unsuitable. During the 99% protests, you guys nominated basically the posterboy for the 1%--a horse in the Olympics and a car elevator at his house...That is why you lost.

Ask yourself, is there anything about Romney you didn't know? Is there anything about Obama you didn't know? Okay then.

Are you not reading what I'm stating, or are you just deflecting (as you always do)?
I'm saying the media should vet what is stated and report what they find, and they aren't doing that.

My prior post was short and ( I thought ) very clear on my position. You come back with this? Tough night on the couch last night with the bottle of Thunderbird?

I apologize.

I can agree with you on that...the media could always do a better job. However, and I hope you don't think this is deflecting, you can get in-depth reporting in several places. And by the 3rd paragraph you're attention span is over if you're like most Americans. So you get a lot of lazy media coverage and a lot of parroting of soul-source outlets.

Put another way, the media is catering to the masses.

There is a reason the "opinion editors" at Fox are so popular...they cater to their viewers.

Now, lets look at what you're saying...you want the media to go beyond the headlines and report what happened. Right?

Politifact does a very good job of sniffing out chicken salad from chicken shit. It was cited repeatedly calling Obama a liar. Gave Obama the "lie of the year" award:

Lie of the Year: 'If you like your health care plan, you can keep it' | PolitiFact

Doesn't sound particularly as if it is in Obama's pocket, right?

However during the 2012 election...when Politifact was brought up, here is how your Confederates reacted:

wow, what a sham thread, first they have Politifact then post crap from the Maddcow blog

do liberals ever try and not deceive people or is it in their make up as a person?

So it is actually Politifact who is "pants on fire" lying.

Just How True Were Mitt Romney

Gee, Martha, look at this! Federal land production down 4 out of the last 5 Bush years. 16.8% net decrease.

Up 2 out of 3 Obama years, for an increase of over 10%.

So.....a 26% turnaround from Bush to Obama.

Fucking pwned, lackeys.

"As the nonpartisan PolitiFact pointed out in April, the average oil production for the first three years of Obama’s presidency is a 13 percent increase over the average production over the last three years of the George Bush administration.

PolitiFact found that between 2004 and 2008 (during the Bush years), oil production on federal lands and waters also fell in four of five years. That resulted in a net decrease of 16.8 percent. On the contrary, from 2009 to 2011, during Obama’s tenure, oil production grew two of three years, resulting in a net increase of 10.6 percent."
Nice try. The facts say otherwise.
Politi NO facts

Biden- 3 Truths 1 False

Ryan- 1 Truth 3 False

Fact-checking the vice presidential debate | PolitiFact

Color me skeptical.

Ryan said Biden went to China and said he "sympathized with and understood the one child policy." Politifact says Biden went to China and "understands wand would not second guess the one child policy." They rate Ryan's statement Mostly False.

Ryan says that Canada's tax rate is 15% and that the average rate in the world is 25%, Politifact confirms both of these numbers, and rates the statement Mostly False.

Ryan says "They passed the stimulus. The idea that we could borrow $831 billion, spend it on all of these special interest groups, and that it would work out just fine, that unemployment would never get to 8 percent -- it went up above 8 percent for 43 months. They said that, right now, if we just passed this stimulus, the economy would grow at 4 percent. It's growing at 1.3." Politifact agrees that this projection was made by administration officials, and then claims Ryan said Obama promised it in order to rate it Mostly False.

Gotta admit, that sounds reasonable to anyone who can't think.

Everyone knows politifact is in obamas pocket.

Only fools actually consider them honest

I literally could have gone on for another 20 or 30 citations of the in-depth fact checking that you are sponsoring being called all sorts of names when the fact-checking doesn't deliver the results desired.

Again, I appreciate that you want in-depth reporting. I join you in that desire. But when the reporting is done (as it was by the way) at least a year before the election:

Wow. Thanks for the link. I didn't expect Politifact to catch so many of Obama's lies. I've probably noticed some they haven't but kudos to them for acknowledging so many of them.

2011_12_09_ObamaPolitifact.jpg

it would be great if all of us could accept the results without the constant caterwauling and numbskullery. And yes, you would have gotten the same from the left if the situation were reversed.

Media personnel lean left....because they are generally well educated and informed. Well educated and informed people are likely to be lefties. But...they print/produce what sells these days. And most still carry out their duties with journalistic integrity when the subject matter has been chosen.

Your opinion of journalist leaning left and intelligence is an opinion and nothing more. If the media was doing their job we would have known about the fallout from obamacare before people started losing their jnsurance. We would have known a lot more of Obama's scandal one way or the other, because they would have demanded answers from the administration. First page news wouldn't be found on page 18. I never talked about the 2012 election cycle. My example of Christie's scandal coverage and obama's scandal coverage by the media should speak volumes with you, but apparently not. I connect dots and you don't.

I know that I called The Sac Bee long before it 'became a story' to let them know that my insurance rates were skyrocketing, more than doubling, and they didn't even bother to return the call (and I left my number with four or five different reporters/editors.)

You love the hyperbole. Fallout?

The lie that 5 million people lost their insurance coverage is just one of the ways you are trying to substantiate your claim that the media covered for Obama.

The scandals you refer to....the fake ones......IRS....Benghazi...Solyndra...Fast and Furious.....blah.....blah....blah.... all got tons of coverage and continue to get coverage even though they have all been proven to be big fat nothings.

Obama's scandal coverage? You say it as though he has actually had a real scandal. You want it to be true soooooooo badly that you have convinced yourself in spite of the facts......and in the face of very thorough media coverage.

The lie that 5 million people lost their insurance coverage is just one of the ways you are trying to substantiate your claim that the media covered for Obama.

The scandals you refer to....the fake ones......IRS....Benghazi...Solyndra...Fast and Furious.....blah.....blah....blah.... all got tons of coverage and continue to get coverage even though they have all been proven to be big fat nothings.

Obama's scandal coverage? You say it as though he has actually had a real scandal. You want it to be true soooooooo badly that you have convinced yourself in spite of the facts......and in the face of very thorough media coverage.

You saying they're not scandals is again your opinion. LL. IRS? Some shenanigans going on there despite your "opinion". Solyndra? It was just the administration paying back a campaign contributor. Bush shelved the idea of government funds to Solyndra because it wasn't a financially sound company. Benghazi? Yes, it WAS because of the video, because that is what an unbiased reporter for the NY Times said. :lol: That's what you want me to believe? Next you'll want me to believe that the DOJ was right in singling out media reporters.
Yes....blah, blah, blah. The overwhelming coverage was the left media stating there IS no scandals, and you eat it up.

Last edited:

Prove it was a lie!

Yep, media your ass. The Obama had to be the least vetted presidential candidate by the media in 2008. His obamacare bill's negative details which were out there but not being reported by the media.

Total Bullshit. All that stuff about Obama came out during the Democratic Primaries....just google first mention of many things such as Rev. Wright, his citizenship, his connection to Ayers, etc. All of it was out there even before the DNC convention. Those who put out the "not vetted" talking points are counting on your short term memory loss....and they are not disappointed........ever.

Yep, media your ass. The Obama had to be the least vetted presidential candidate by the media in 2008. His obamacare bill's negative details which were out there but not being reported by the media.

Total Bullshit. All that stuff about Obama came out during the Democratic Primaries....just google first mention of many things such as Rev. Wright, his citizenship, his connection to Ayers, etc. All of it was out there even before the DNC convention. Those who put out the "not vetted" talking points are counting on your short term memory loss....and they are not disappointed........ever.

You are really a shallow thinking person, bo. You got it wrong.....wrong.....wrong.
When he was a politician in Il. he voted "present".....not letting anyone pin him to anything.
When he was a senator, he became a presidential campaigner and didn't vote on many things, again not knowing where he was coming from. Did the media push him....no.
What most people knew about him was that he was a community organizer.
So go pound sand

Last edited:

You are really a shallow thinking person, bo. You got it wrong.....wrong.....wrong.
When he was a politician in Il. he voted "present".....not letting anyone pin him to anything.
When he was a senator, he became a presidential campaigner and didn't vote on many things, again not knowing where he was coming from. Did the media push him....no.
What most people knew about him was that he was a community organizer.
So go pound sand

^^just called someone else "shallow".....defines irony^^

Forum List

Back