Supreme Court orders makers of gun parts to comply with federal "ghost gun" rules

C_Clayton_Jones

Diamond Member
Apr 28, 2011
In a Republic, actually
'The Supreme Court on Monday ordered two internet sellers of gun parts to comply with a Biden administration regulation aimed at "ghost guns," firearms that are difficult to trace because they lack serial numbers.

The court had intervened once before, by a 5-4 vote in August, to keep the regulation in effect after it had been invalidated by a lower court. In that order, Chief Justice John Roberts and Justice Amy Coney Barrett joined with the three liberal justices to freeze the lower court's ruling. Justices Clarence Thomas, Samuel Alito, Neil Gorsuch and Brett Kavanaugh said they would deny the request from the Biden administration to revive the rules.

No justice dissented publicly from Monday's brief, unsigned order, which followed a ruling from a federal judge in Texas that exempted the two companies, Blackhawk Manufacturing Group and Defense Distributed, from having to abide by the regulation of ghost gun kits.'

A lesson in doing a better job in picking your battles.

Opposing the regulation of unfinished frames and receivers is a waste of time and resources; this isn’t a Second Amendment issue and to claim it will result in ‘more regulation’ fails as a slippery slope fallacy.

'The Supreme Court on Monday ordered two internet sellers of gun parts to comply with a Biden administration regulation aimed at "ghost guns," firearms that are difficult to trace because they lack serial numbers.

The court had intervened once before, by a 5-4 vote in August, to keep the regulation in effect after it had been invalidated by a lower court. In that order, Chief Justice John Roberts and Justice Amy Coney Barrett joined with the three liberal justices to freeze the lower court's ruling. Justices Clarence Thomas, Samuel Alito, Neil Gorsuch and Brett Kavanaugh said they would deny the request from the Biden administration to revive the rules.

No justice dissented publicly from Monday's brief, unsigned order, which followed a ruling from a federal judge in Texas that exempted the two companies, Blackhawk Manufacturing Group and Defense Distributed, from having to abide by the regulation of ghost gun kits.'

A lesson in doing a better job in picking your battles.

Opposing the regulation of unfinished frames and receivers is a waste of time and resources; this isn’t a Second Amendment issue and to claim it will result in ‘more regulation’ fails as a slippery slope fallacy.
“Please Father Government, please protect us filthy Leftist Democrats from ourselves, please deprive us of the rights gifted by our great founders, for they never knew we‘d become a dangerous, divided multicultural shithole.”

rightwinger
Curried Goats
Unkotare
Vrenn

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Supreme Court on Monday ordered two internet sellers of gun parts to comply with a Biden administration regulation aimed at ghost guns, firearms that are difficult to trace because they lack serial numbers.

The court had intervened once before, by a 5-4 vote in August, to keep the regulation in effect after it had been invalidated by a lower court. No justice dissented publicly from Monday's order, which followed a ruling from a federal judge in Texas that exempted the two companies, Blackhawk Manufacturing Group and Defense Distributed, from having to abide by the regulation of ghost gun kits.

We'll appeal to the Supre....wait a minute.

Poor ruling, i agree with making ghost guns more difficult is a decent goal, the arbitrary just changing what well established words mean to do it is shady as hell.

Poor ruling, i agree with making ghost guns more difficult is a decent goal, the arbitrary just changing what well established words mean to do it is shady as hell.
I read the law, it doesn’t seem like that’s the case to me. They define a weapon as something which can be readily converted to be a gun, which is the issue here.

I read the law, it doesn’t seem like that’s the case to me. They define a weapon as something which can be readily converted to be a gun, which is the issue here.
I agree that is the issue. What does readily converted actually mean. Selling a 80% complete kit? A 60% complete kit? The parts cut out you have to machine them 30% kit? Having a 2x4 and a piece of pipe stored a little too close in the garage?

I agree that is the issue. What does readily converted actually mean. Selling a 80% complete kit? A 60% complete kit? The parts cut out you have to machine them 30% kit? Having a 2x4 and a piece of pipe stored a little too close in the garage?
That’s for the courts to decide. Spending a few minutes drilling a hole or filing a notch seems readily converted to me. Besides, you can’t deny that’s the purpose of these parts.

Semantics.
I don’t think you understand the definition of ‘gift’ or ‘rights’.
You’re trying way too hard to be confused.
Nope. Multiple people have already concluded that you don't know what you're talking about. The Founders didn't "gift" any rights and neither does the Constitution. It expresses the limits and boundaries of the government. It says whatever power isn't described in that document (federal power) is reserved for the States and the people. Maybe try reading it before you expose yourself. 😄

That’s for the courts to decide. Spending a few minutes drilling a hole or filing a notch seems readily converted to me. Besides, you can’t deny that’s the purpose of these parts.
It’s just as important to establish is not readily converted IMO. I think it is safe to say many people would consider the 80+% readily convertible but how far down does it go. Being purposely vague so the government can use the law as a club is what concerns me

Nope. Multiple people have already concluded that you don't know what you're talking about. The Founders didn't "gift" any rights and neither does the Constitution. It expresses the limits and boundaries of the government. It says whatever power isn't described in that document (federal power) is reserved for the States and the people. Maybe try reading it before you expose yourself. 😄
hahaha…”multiple people“ with purple hair and neck tattoos?
So let me get this straight….you didn’t know the 6A GIFTS you the right to a speedy, public trial by an impartial jury?
71B31442-C87E-42A7-9FA1-5A098233A13D.jpeg

It’s just as important to establish is not readily converted IMO. I think it is safe to say many people would consider the 80+% readily convertible but how far down does it go. Being purposely vague so the government can use the law as a club is what concerns me
Don’t make it sound like these gun makers are innocent bystanders of government oppression. They’re trying to skirt the law and the court is seeing through it.

hahaha…”multiple people“ with purple hair and neck tattoos?
So let me get this straight….you didn’t know the 6A GIFTS you the right to a speedy, public trial by an impartial jury?
View attachment 844401
That's not a gift you moron. That represents a responsibility on behalf of the government to try people they accuse of crimes within a reasonable time frame or those charges get dropped. Keep explaining to us how little you understand about the Constitution. 😄

Forum List

Back