Supreme Court Broadens Hobby Lobby Ruling to All Forms of Birth Control

Why do women have to pollute their body with hormones to keep from getting pregnant? Why is there no birth control, besides a vasectomy, for men. That's the question you should be asking.

The answer is because men don't want to be responsible for birth control. They want to put it on the woman.

Woman are more likely to get bills it's heart attacks strokes and cancer because of birth control.

I'm sure most men wake up every morning hating women...

Come the fuck on
As usual, the idiot wingnut can't read worth a shit.

Give me one good reason why I should have to pay for your birth control.
Why should I have to pay for any of your health care. I have to pay for my own why do i have to pay for yours too.?

The answer; I shouldn't.

Who's asking you to?

I swear, you wingnuts are such victims.

Supreme Court Broadens Hobby Lobby Ruling to All Forms of Birth Control | Mother Jones

told you so.....
Less than a day after the United States Supreme Court issued its divisive ruling on Burwell v. Hobby Lobby, it has already begun to toss aside the supposedly narrow interpretation of the decision. On Tuesday, the Supremes ordered lower courts to rehear any cases where companies had sought to deny coverage for any type of contraception, not just the specific types Hobby Lobby was opposed to.

No matter what Alito and other justices may claim, court decisions set precedent and offer opportunities for lower courts to expand the logic of the initial case. (See Bush v. Gore.) The immediate turnaround to broaden the scope of Hobby Lobby won't do anything to dispel fears that the case has opened the way for a broad swath of businesses to object to any government regulation they dislike based on the religious whims of corporate owners.

told you so. this is what you get for a cheap partisan win. You get chaos.

Because we need more government regulation. It's not the Federal government's business.

Supreme Court Broadens Hobby Lobby Ruling to All Forms of Birth Control | Mother Jones

told you so.....
Less than a day after the United States Supreme Court issued its divisive ruling on Burwell v. Hobby Lobby, it has already begun to toss aside the supposedly narrow interpretation of the decision. On Tuesday, the Supremes ordered lower courts to rehear any cases where companies had sought to deny coverage for any type of contraception, not just the specific types Hobby Lobby was opposed to.
No matter what Alito and other justices may claim, court decisions set precedent and offer opportunities for lower courts to expand the logic of the initial case. (See Bush v. Gore.) The immediate turnaround to broaden the scope of Hobby Lobby won't do anything to dispel fears that the case has opened the way for a broad swath of businesses to object to any government regulation they dislike based on the religious whims of corporate owners.

Can you explain to me how they did that when the Court is not in session, oh idiot who thinks Mother Jones is a valid news source?

Why are you and the guy who thanked your post such douchebags, after I posted the similar story from National Review Online?

Hobby Lobby Ruling Applies to More Than Just Abortifacients | National Review Online

told you so.....told you so. this is what you get for a cheap partisan win. You get chaos.

Can you explain to me how they did that when the Court is not in session, oh idiot who thinks Mother Jones is a valid news source?

Why are you and the guy who thanked your post such douchebags, after I posted the similar story from National Review Online?

Hobby Lobby Ruling Applies to More Than Just Abortifacients | National Review Online

Jealous much?:lol:

How refreshing. Voice being given to Americans. Whoda thunkit? :dunno:

corporations are fictitious entities used by individuals to shield themselves from personal liability they exist to allow jurisdiction to be asserted over an entity or by an entity.

they are not humans. no one ever contemplated corporations having first amendment rights.

but the rabid right wouldn't be singing the same tune if islam was the majority religion.

i'm embarrassed by the decisions being issued by this court.

i do however think if you want to claim you have the right to impose your religion on your employees, then you shouldn't be able to shield yourself from liability for debt, or the torts and criminal actions of your corporation

good luck with that.

If no one ever contemplated corporations having 1st Amendment rights why are newspapers and other sources of news, including Mother Jones, assumed to have 1st Amendment rights when the publish something the government doesn't like?

Also, can you explain how anyone is forcing their religion on anybody? Are Hobby Lobby employees forced to attend mass?

.jpg
Beat Me to it!

No, moron. They are dismissing the story because it's from Mother Jones, so I showed them the same story from wingnut National Review. Twice now.

Do you think it will sink in any better with them than it did with you? Doubtful.

corporations are fictitious entities used by individuals to shield themselves from personal liability they exist to allow jurisdiction to be asserted over an entity or by an entity.

they are not humans. no one ever contemplated corporations having first amendment rights.

but the rabid right wouldn't be singing the same tune if islam was the majority religion.

i'm embarrassed by the decisions being issued by this court.

i do however think if you want to claim you have the right to impose your religion on your employees, then you shouldn't be able to shield yourself from liability for debt, or the torts and criminal actions of your corporation

good luck with that.

If no one ever contemplated corporations having 1st Amendment rights why are newspapers and other sources of news, including Mother Jones, assumed to have 1st Amendment rights when the publish something the government doesn't like?

Also, can you explain how anyone is forcing their religion on anybody? Are Hobby Lobby employees forced to attend mass?

.jpg
Beat Me to it!

Definitely a double standard. One of many. I know they think they need to justify their existence, but at the cost of a Nation and the ideals behind its laws?

Just another ruling on something the fed has no business ruling on.

No, moron. They are dismissing the story because it's from Mother Jones, so I showed them the same story from wingnut National Review. Twice now.

Do you think it will sink in any better with them than it did with you? Doubtful.

And? Post the link in this thread. Last I checked, that works. Whining you got ignored is just victim shit.

If you want to call names, we can do that. Want to think it over?

Stick to the topic.

told you so.....told you so. this is what you get for a cheap partisan win. You get chaos.

Does the fact that National Review has an opinion somehow obligate me to agree with them? The fact that you are fed all your thoughts by external sources does not mean everyone else is.

And? Post the link in this thread. Last I checked, that works. Whining you got ignored is just victim shit.

Stick to the topic.

Hey asshole - the link is in the post you replied to.

You MUST be a conservative because you're a dumbass.

Does the fact that National Review has an opinion somehow obligate me to agree with them? The fact that you are fed all your thoughts by external sources does not mean everyone else is.

No, it obligates you to not be a fucking douchebag, attacking Mother Jones instead of "investigating" it yourself, since you see yourself as above mere reporting by, you know, reporters.

Get a fucking grip.

Stick to the topic.

Hey asshole - the link is in the post you replied to.

You MUST be a conservative because you're a dumbass.

Ahhh... so sorry. I must have not been paying attention to anything you don't have to say.

I'm me. And I don't like ANY of you side-picking windbags. Just keep listening to the media hype and let it keep you distracted.

Your dumbness doesn't affect my mind one wit.

No, it obligates you to not be a fucking douchebag, attacking Mother Jones instead of "investigating" it yourself, since you see yourself as above mere reporting by, you know, reporters.

Get a fucking grip.

Sotomayor issued the same injunction months ago, dd anyone complain about the expansion of Hobby Lobby ruling then?

See, I did pay attention, which is why I am ignoring everyone that claims that this expanded anything. Especially the guy that claims both that this is a disaster and that it is irrelevant.

told you so.....

So why when many of us pointed out the legitimate slippery slope aspect of this, the RWnuts around here pounded the table insisting that was bullshit?

Let's be clear. Most conservatives want birth control coverage out of the mandatory minimums of employer provided insurance. This has nothing to do with any trumped up arguments about abortion.
No one is under any obligation to believe your fantasies. Stop stamping your feet and insisting we do.

Forum List

Back