Supporters To Trump: Break Campaign Promises At Your Peril

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
582658f21800002e00503a93.jpeg

Trump talked a tough game. His backers expect similar actions.

WASHINGTON - Kathryn Stellmack expects the world from Donald Trump.

After listening to his speeches and casting her vote for him, she expects Trump to toughen immigration laws, restore lost jobs, upend a corrupt political system, build a wall on the border, and be, as the millionaire put it, the “greatest jobs president that God has ever created.”

“We expect him to move forward on all the items he has promised to move forward on,” said Stellmack, 69, a retiree in West Palm Beach, Florida.

“And if he doesn’t, we will hold his feet to the fire.”

After a presidential race fueled by brash but constantly shifting policy proposals, Trump’s millions of followers ― from social conservative activists to struggling blue-collar workers to hardline militant groups ― say if he does anything less than take a wrecking ball to business-as-usual Washington, they will be disappointed.

“We’ll be watching, Mr. Trump,” said Stellmack.

Trump’s promises have been hard to pin down, with many policy details left elusive and vague. NBC News identified 141 “distinct shifts” on 23 major issues since Trump announced his candidacy on June 16, 2015.

Still, his fiery rhetoric had an unmistakable message of ending big government and the entrenched power of establishment elites in both parties.

That inspired hope that Trump can break through Washington’s gridlock to make progress on plans to invigorate the economy, eliminate terrorist threats, rip up trade agreements and repeal President Barack Obama’s healthcare plan known as Obamacare.

“I totally trust him,” said Laura Czarniak, 56, of Manistee, Michigan, a Rust Belt state that leans Democrat in presidential elections but which flipped to Trump on Tuesday.

“I know he’ll build the wall. I know he’ll take care of the Syrian refugee problem. I know he’ll get rid of Obamacare. There is not a chance in hell he won’t do those things,” she said.

But even with Republicans retaining control of Congress, Trump will have to accept limits and compromises on some of his plans. Many Republicans, for example, are wary of his proposals to scrap trade deals and boost spending on infrastructure improvements.

Some of his plans have already been rolled back.

More: Supporters To Trump: Break Campaign Promises At Your Peril

It's both sad and funny to listen to some of these Trump supporters. We'll soon know if Trump is their Messiah.

He's not stupid. He knows by the time America has had four years of him, he's not getting re-elected anyway. So think of the threats against him as threats against a second term president. They don't stick. Since he doesn't care about what he does and how it affects the GOP; they can't bring him to heel. Of course he doesn't give a rats what the democrats think...lol.. He truly will be one of the most rogue presidents we've ever seen in this country. And God help us.

But y'all had to alienate a majority of Americans with the gay marriage and deranged men in women's showers thing...so you made your bed, now we all have to lie in it. Stupid DNC and the retarded rainbow platform. Hope it was all worth it. Idiots.

What is going to happen is P.O.Shit trump won't be able to create anything because unemployment is already at 4.8%.

What he will do, as will the Republicans, they will blame their failure to produce anything on Obama. Yeah it's a bitch he added 14 million jobs to the economy and brought the country out of the Bush/Republican Great Recession.

They will be beside themselves with the mountain of lies they are going to have to tell.

What is going to happen is P.O.Shit trump won't be able to create anything because unemployment is already at 4.8%.

What he will do, as will the Republicans, they will blame their failure to produce anything on Obama. Yeah it's a bitch he added 14 million jobs to the economy and brought the country out of the Bush/Republican Great Recession.

They will be beside themselves with the mountain of lies they are going to have to tell.
the real unemployment number is closer to 20%

He's not stupid. He knows by the time America has had four years of him, he's not getting re-elected anyway. So think of the threats against him as threats against a second term president. They don't stick. Since he doesn't care about what he does and how it affects the GOP; they can't bring him to heel. Of course he doesn't give a rats what the democrats think...lol.. He truly will be one of the most rogue presidents we've ever seen in this country. And God help us.

But y'all had to alienate a majority of Americans with the gay marriage and deranged men in women's showers thing...so you made your bed, now we all have to lie in it. Stupid DNC and the retarded rainbow platform. Hope it was all worth it. Idiots.

So, you're blaming queers for why a maniac will be running the country?

After listening to his speeches and casting her vote for him, she expects Trump to toughen immigration laws, restore lost jobs, upend a corrupt political system, build a wall on the border, and be, as the millionaire put it, the “greatest jobs president that God has ever created.”

“We expect him to move forward on all the items he has promised to move forward on,” said Stellmack, 69, a retiree in West Palm Beach, Florida.

After a presidential race fueled by brash but constantly shifting policy proposals, Trump’s millions of followers ― from social conservative activists to struggling blue-collar workers to hardline militant groups ― say if he does anything less than take a wrecking ball to business-as-usual Washington, they will be disappointed.

Trump’s promises have been hard to pin down, with many policy details left elusive and vague. NBC News identified 141 “distinct shifts” on 23 major issues since Trump announced his candidacy on June 16, 2015.

Still, his fiery rhetoric had an unmistakable message of ending big government and the entrenched power of establishment elites in both parties.

That inspired hope that Trump can break through Washington’s gridlock to make progress on plans to invigorate the economy, eliminate terrorist threats, rip up trade agreements and repeal President Barack Obama’s healthcare plan known as Obamacare.

“I totally trust him,” said Laura Czarniak, 56, of Manistee, Michigan, a Rust Belt state that leans Democrat in presidential elections but which flipped to Trump on Tuesday.

“I know he’ll build the wall. I know he’ll take care of the Syrian refugee problem. I know he’ll get rid of Obamacare. There is not a chance in hell he won’t do those things,” she said.

But even with Republicans retaining control of Congress, Trump will have to accept limits and compromises on some of his plans. Many Republicans, for example, are wary of his proposals to scrap trade deals and boost spending on infrastructure improvements.

It's both sad and funny to listen to some of these Trump supporters. We'll soon know if Trump is their Messiah.

Repugs are going to be sorely disappointed in Trump. He'll be lucky to deliver 10% of the ridiculous shit that he promised during the campaign. Plus, he's not nearly as conservative as morons like Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnell. Except for the obvious racism, xenophobia, and intolerance, he doesn't share a lot in common with the Repug Party establishment.

The question is -- does Trump even give a shit? Will he argue with the Repug Congress about new legislation or will he just sign anything that comes across his desk? Hard to say at this point.

Did you vote for him?

Yes, let's make him do everything he promised, with no exceptions. Of course, we always do that, don't we? That is why all Americans kept their doctor and their plan and we each saved $1,800 a year. And no one making less than $250,000 saw a dime more in taxes. Except for Obamacare fines, which weren't a tax when they had to explain why the bill didn't need to originate in the house but was a tax when they needed the Supreme Court to uphold it.

Failing to keep a promise because congress doesn't go along is one thing. Lying is another. And that is the one thing I won't forgive.

If he turns out to be all talk, he's toast If he makes an effort, that is different.

DRAIN THE SWAMP!!! I demand term limits for congressmen. I don't care if they vote for them or not. Trump promised term limits!!!

Funny how the only supporters demanding that their president keep his promises are Trump supporters. Oh my, who would ever dare to do such a thing as making sure the guy you voted for keep his promises?

Yeah, Republicans are historically pro free trade. So scraping existing trade agreements are completely off of the table.

Already Trump has pissed off his supporters. He met with Obama yesterday, and has agreed to keep segments of O-care--and they wanted it all repealed. They're not going to get that.

He talked to Hillary stated she was very cordial, strong--meaning he's not going to "lock her up", another campaign promise broken.

There is not going to be a wall, Mexico has stated 3 times they aren't going to pay for it, and congress is not going to appropriate money for it--another promise broken.

Trump's already stated there will be no mass deportations, another campaign promise broken, and YES he will let in Syrian Refugees, that have been vetted thoroughly, another campaign promise broken.

So while he and his family are barricaded in the Trump tower, (if he can get out for his swearing in) he's got a shit load of issues that he'll be dealing with. Republicans in congress, afraid to lose their own seats that will not support many of his proposals, and his supporters are shaking off faster than angry flees leaving a dirty dog, along with more than half the country hates the guy and has no intention of ever recognizing his Presidency.

What a great way to start a new Presidency--LOL

Even if he doesn't keep ANY of his promises, he did what I wanted him to do. Kept Hillary the criminal from inflicting even more damage to my country.

Forum List

Back