"Superfast" Battery Offers 400 Km Driving Range From 10 Minutes Charge

The average rates in CA range from 15 to 18 per kWh.
It pays huge to have an EV.

more BS. When you use it (not working) it was 32cents I think? OK maybe after 10PM it drops? Go out and plug in the charger. I Don’t have rates in front of me. I’m Im not looking it up. You’re best-casing every measure you can find.

may drop 50% range in weather and used battery. Hence cost per mile doubles? They degrade over time. Its only new once hitting spec.
Ah, no it doesn’t. They have heat pumps.
Of course batteries degrade over time. Warrantees are as long as 10 years and 150 k miles….they cost much less than a new motor or tranny. There are no oil and filter changes, brake jobs or transmission maintenance. Even the hybrids in taxis go up to 300 k on original batteries. They're much harder on batteries.

Last edited:
I guess you’ll be first line for a gasoline powered hot water heater instead of electric. If you can find one I hope all you fking deniers throw away all your dangerous electric appliances and use gasoline ?
You fools are really sounding idiotic.

No, that's you. I've never had water heated by electricity-oil or gas.

Ah, no it doesn’t. They have heat pumps.
Of course batteries degrade over time. Warrantees are as long as 10 years and 150 k miles….they cost much less than a new motor or tranny. There are no oil and filter changes, brake jobs or transmission maintenance. Even the hybrids in taxis go up to 300 k on original batteries. They're much harder on batteries.

150K? That's nothing now. Taxis are the best-case for a hybrid.

And heat pumps don't actually work well much below freezing.

Absolutely!

I have a heat pump/AC for my Central Florida home.

The heat pump works fine in the winter if the nights get down to the 40s. However, once it gets down in the 30s then it sucks. We need to use very inefficient resistance heat strips to boost it.

In hybrids they don’t need to. The heat pump need for a car works fine well into the teens, if you preheat the car while charging. I doubt you get much colder than our state which borders Canada. EVs do fine with that minor adjustment. . Btw, ICE cars are notoriously awful mileage wise do to the mechanical drag in the tranny and engine. Neither of which an EV has. You deniers keep whining about problems that gasoline cars have as well.

Absolutely!

I have a heat pump/AC for my Central Florida home.

The heat pump works fine in the winter if the nights get down to the 40s. However, once it gets down in the 30s then it sucks. We need to use very inefficient resistance heat strips to boost it.
You delirious. A car is a very small area, nothing like a house.
It produces heat into the teens but a lower volume, well suited for the small space of a car.

The average rates in CA range from 15 to 18 per kWh.
It pays huge to have an EV.

1692575030667.png

Liar

It produces heat into the teens but a lower volume, well suited for the small space of a car.
My son lives in North Atlanta. He has a Tesla Model Y. I don't know if he has a heat pump in it or not but he says he gets about half the distance on a battery charge in the winter as he does in the summer.

He has had the Tesla for three years now. He wants to get rid of it and replace it with an ICE. The only problem is that the trade in value on EVs have really declined as more of them are out in the market.

I told him not to get one but he didn't listen. In his affluent neighborhood it was kinda a status symbol.

View attachment 817213

Liar
Wrong. The residential rates are quite different than commercial rates throughout the country. That’s why when an employer offers to charge your car, take it.
View attachment 817213

Liar
Wrong…you’re the liar.
CA charges much lower rates for nonresidential which home owners with off peak charging of EVs can take advantage of.

My son lives in North Atlanta. He has a Tesla Model Y. I don't know if he has a heat pump in it or not but he says he gets about half the distance on a battery charge in the winter as he does in the summer.

He has had the Tesla for three years now. He wants to get rid of it and replace it with an ICE. The only problem is that the trade in value on EVs have really declined as more of them are out in the market.

I told him not to get one but he didn't listen. In his affluent neighborhood it was kinda a status symbol.
Who said to buy a Teslar ? That’s hilarious. Would you have advised him to by a BMW ? Nope.

Guess what, an ICE drops nearly that much in the winter time too. Are you crazy ?

Let us know when he actually replaces it.
The older ones have lasted as long as 750,000 miles.

Last edited:
In hybrids they don’t need to. The heat pump need for a car works fine well into the teens, if you preheat the car while charging. I doubt you get much colder than our state which borders Canada. EVs do fine with that minor adjustment. . Btw, ICE cars are notoriously awful mileage wise do to the mechanical drag in the tranny and engine. Neither of which an EV has. You deniers keep whining about problems that gasoline cars have as well.

Every word of this is a lie.

Who said to buy a Teslar(sic) ? That’s hilarious. Would you have advised him to by a BMW ? Nope.

Guess what, an ICE drops nearly that much in the winter time(sic) too. Are you crazy ?

Let us know when he actually replaces it.
The older ones have lasted as long as 750,000 miles.

Every word of this is a lie.

Wrong. The residential rates are quite different than commercial rates throughout the country. That’s why when an employer offers to charge your car, take it.

Wrong…you’re the liar.
CA charges much lower rates for nonresidential which home owners with off peak charging of EVs can take advantage of.

Thanks for the link.

Why metering EV charging on its own is important

EV-specific rates are designed to do two things: encourage off-peak charging when grid power is plentiful (essentially overnight) and discourage on-peak charging when the state’s grid is under the greatest strain. They do that by dropping off-peak rates well below regular levels and jacking up on-peak rates well above regular levels.

Right now, California’s big three utilities — PG&E, Southern California Edison and San Diego Gas & Electric — have two kinds of rates that EV owners can choose to sign up for to enable cheaper charging overnight. One applies only to the power an EV uses; this is the type that has required a second meter. The other doesn’t need another meter but applies the high on-peak charges to the home’s entire electricity usage, not just the EV’s.

Both rates discourage customers from charging EVs during higher-priced hours, which are the same hours when California’s grid faces the greatest strains. But the whole-home rates also expose customers to paying high rates for the rest of their electrical loads — as high as 56 cents per kilowatt-hour from 4 to 9 p.m. in PG&E’s case. That’s much higher than the statewide average rate of 26 cents per kilowatt-hour.

The statewide average is 26 cents? You said 15-18 cents. Liar.

They are banned already and for obvious reasons idiot. Try a subway. Try manufacturing plants. Anywhere enclosed environments where ICE pollution exists, they are mitigated or BANNED. Breathing their fukin* fumes kills in enclosed environments and pollutes everywhere bubba.

What a fool you are. We’ve been dealing with polution from ice engines for decades that you derelict mutants can’t even remember.
Fuck you

You said arent banned but now admit libs plan to ban them asap

I use natural GAS for my hot water heater.

Moron.
Why not gasoline ? It’s so cheap and much safer and cleaner than electricity. according to you dufus, electricity is so dangerous.
You are hilarious.

Fuck you

You said arent banned but now admit libs plan to ban them asap
No bozo. Ice engines have been banned for decades in many inclosed environments for obvious reasons. Obviously not to you.
For some reason , you seem to feel ICE engines don’t pollute and EVs do ? Wtf, are you that illiterate ?

Forum List

Back