super blood moon

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 22, 2004
Minnesota
It's tonight. Go out and enjoy the celestial view.

End of the world party people!

And no the world isn't going to end tonight.

A supermoon occurs when the Moon is in the closest part of its orbit to Earth, meaning it appears larger in the sky.

The eclipse - expected to make the Moon appear red in colour - will be visible in North America, South America, West Africa and western Europe.

Nasa claims a supermoon last coincided with a lunar eclipse in 1982 and is not expected to again until 2033.

Went out and watched it for awhile with my daughter. Pretty cool.

BloodMoon_20150927.jpg

I wondered who turned on a halogen light and it was the moon, could barely look directly at it.

Why is this in religion&ethics though?

So when is it going to end? What does your religion say? Waiting for new underwear? :D

Yea...

... I noticed it was really bright tonight too...

... could even see my shadow by it.

Taz wrote: So when is it going to end?

I dunno, but Granny been out onna front porch...

... with her bags packed...

... waitin' fer the Rapture.

Such a disappointment. It was so low on the horizon, we really couldn't see the vibrant color at totality.

Oh, well. I hope it's better in 2033.

I probably could have seen it if I felt like driving somewhere where there aren't any trees in the way, but I was really tired last night and didn't feel like going anywhere. I couldn't see it from my yard, so oh well. :D

I got lucky as it was clouded over at first, then cleared when it was about 1/4 covered. Watched until it was total, then the clouds came back. Got some lousy phone pictures.

Forum List

Back