Sudanese-Russian Relations in Focus

sudan

Oct 17, 2012
Sudanese Russian relationships entered a new phase recently. The successful visit of the Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov was a step forward towards Sudanese diplomacy, irrespective of the complexity of internal policy. This new foreign policy adopted by Sudanese diplomatic missions may incur positive change in Sudanese relations between the US and other European countries.
Sudanese-Russian relations have been cemented as firm and steady.
Sudanese Foreign Minister Ali Ahmed Karti affirmed that relations between Sudan and Russia were not affected by the changes of governments and regimes in both countries. Sudan’s role in regional issues is very clear, during a joint press conference last Wednesday after the meeting of joint ministerial committee, the two foreign ministers talked about the future of the economic ties, as well cooperation in various development projects.
“Sudan is very active in bringing peace and reconciliation to Libya, Central Africa, South Sudan and Somalia, Sudan is also qualified to mediate between Egypt and Ethiopia on disputed points of the Renaissance Dam’s construction,” explained Karti.
Many issues were discussed between Sudan and Russia last Wednesday, mainly economic ties, including oil and mining.
Sudan welcomed Russian companies, with a focus on exchanging experience in the field of oil. “Russian companies have substantial experience in this field, many have applied to invest in oil and we welcomed them,” continued Karti.
Technical military assistance cooperation was also discussed. Lavrov affirmed supporting Sudan militarily does not mean Russia wants to jeopardise the force balance in the region. He said: “Russia believes that issues and problems on a regional level should be solved regionally.”
“Intervention in domestic issues of countries may lead to a total collapse of state, as we have seen in Iraq, Libya and Syria,” he added.
Political analysts commended Sudan’s new approach to foreign policy, namely Sudanese-Russian relations. They consider it a suitable way towards lifting the US economic sanctions imposed on Sudan since 1997.
Due to Lavrov, the forthcoming ministerial meeting scheduled to be held in Moscow 10 December, 2014 may concentrate on economic issues.
Commentators say indicates that Sudan has begun to liberate itself economically from US domination, adding that Russia always keeps its word, while US does not respect bilateral agreements. The US has been know to make deals according to its interests.
Sudanese-Russian relations may force the US to revise its interests in Sudan.
The day after the joint meeting between Sudan and Russia in Khartoum, it was reported that the US declared a partial lift of sanctions to allow Sudan to import items related to agriculture, health and education.
Sudanese foreign has been restored to its previous role.

[QUOTE="
“Russia believes that issues and problems on a regional level should be solved regionally.”
“Intervention in domestic issues of countries may lead to a total collapse of state, as we have seen in Iraq, Libya and Syria,” he added.

Translation-----Russia does not give a damn that sudan imposes the stink of shariah and holds thousands of Christian south Sudanese children enslaved in accordance with the stink and filth of Shariah dhimmi orphan laws and will certainly not interfere in that domestic issue

While some may claim that Russian FM Sergey Lavrov is a master of diplomatic language, I find him to be a master of propaganda intended to deceive the world about the true intentions of Russia towards the United States. (our destruction) I would not believe a word coming out of his mouth. Not one word.

While some may claim that Russian FM Sergey Lavrov is a master of diplomatic language, I find him to be a master of propaganda intended to deceive the world about the true intentions of Russia towards the United States. (our destruction) I would not believe a word coming out of his mouth. Not one word.

Russia is imperialistic-------Russians do not hate americans---
Russia just wants POWER-----I really do not think it is COMMUNISM anymore

The Soviets have never ceased in their desire to defeat America, Rosie. They just changed their strategy, not their goal. Communism is alive and well and more dangerous than it has ever been. It is the most dangerous force on the planet today. Russia is moving ever closer to the day she will strike America. It is clearer now than it has ever been.

The Soviets have never ceased in their desire to defeat America, Rosie. They just changed their strategy, not their goal. Communism is alive and well and more dangerous than it has ever been. It is the most dangerous force on the planet today. Russia is moving ever closer to the day she will strike America. It is clearer now than it has ever been.

I do not think the issue is communism-----that ideology does not work and it fades away-----just as it is fading in china----Russian empire is the issue------where is communism alive and ??? "WELL" ??? it sickens and dies everywhere----
even in cuba

I do not think the issue is communism-----that ideology does not work and it fades away-----just as it is fading in china----Russian empire is the issue------where is communism alive and ??? "WELL" ??? it sickens and dies everywhere----
even in cuba

That is what they would like us to believe. That it is a thing of the past. Nothing could be further from the truth. Communism is alive and well in Laos. In Vietnam. In North Korea. In China. In Russia. In the Venezuela, in Nicaragua, in Cuba, in Argentina, it is on it's way to taking America down - Saul Alinsky is a hero hailed in universities and college campuses across America today - Same goes for Karl Marx - what is Obama if he is not a Communist first? A Muslim? No. He's a Communist. First and foremost, he is a Communist. No doubt in my mind about it, Rosie. Americans need to wake up to the reality that Communism is not dead and the desire of the Soviets - to defeat America - never ended. They have never abandoned their plans to defeat us although it is hidden - it is not hidden as well as they believe.

Here is David Horowitz - in an interview about Communism in America - he is one of my favorite educators on the subject as he is a former member of the Communist party - knows about it from the inside out and is now a Conservative. What he says is very important considering what is happening in America at this writing. I found it interesting that the name of the video was titled, Communism is alive and well in America. I guess I'm on the same page with Horowitz.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back