Success stories for Obamacare!

JimH52

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2007
US
I have a friend that cannot get disability and has been unable to work. He has not had a physical in 10 years and is having major medical issues. He is now enrolled in Obamacare. He called me last night and he cried because he was so happy to finally have health insurance after all these years. This is one success story that would not have happened if the GOP had killed the ACA as they had planned.

I know there are other success stories out there!

I had insurance with the the company I work for.
Because of ObamaCare I will now see my Doctor less and will not be able to
get medical procedures like EKG and Colonoscopys .

Why?
Because I now have to pay out of pocket to satisfy my $6,000.00 deductible.
I will have to pay more out of pocket for co pay for doctor's office visit.
I will now have to pay more for prescriptions.
I will now have to pay for ER visits....

Yeah...Love that ObamCare.

Granted people needed help with insurance...
Why did I have to get fucked over in the process.

The President said over and over and over and over again that no one was supposed
to have any issues if they already had coverage.

Well he lied...

Plain and simple.

The success stories, as the one in the OP, will likely be for the least productive among us.

Oh, so
the least productive among
us is how you describe those who are struggling? That is a typical Republican statement....

The GOP...where only the strong survive!

The success stories, as the one in the OP, will likely be for the least productive among us.

Oh, so
the least productive among
us is how you describe those who are struggling? That is a typical Republican statement....

The GOP...where only the strong survive!
Would you say that someone who is broke and unemployed (unemployable, even) is productive?

I have a friend that cannot get disability and has been unable to work. He has not had a physical in 10 years and is having major medical issues. He is now enrolled in Obamacare. He called me last night and he cried because he was so happy to finally have health insurance after all these years. This is one success story that would not have happened if the GOP had killed the ACA as they had planned.

Great for him. Too bad the rest of the country is getting screwed.

Well here is my SUCCESS story. I received notification from Humana, my insurance that I pay $238.00 per month for that I will now be paying $738.00 for--under the Obamacare exchange.

Obama promised us over 40 times that if we liked our plan and our doctors we could keep them. HE LIED and now there are 6 million policies that have been cancelled to-date and when you add in spouses and children that were covered under those plans- it is estimated that Obamacare has added an additional 14 million to the uninsured in this country.

Sen. Dianne Feinstein on Tuesday joined the ranks of worried Democrats demanding that President Obama allow people to keep their current insurance policies. Feinstein’s move is bad news for an administration desperate for good news following the roll-out debacle of the Affordable Care Act’s health insurance exchange on Oct. 1, which has been plagued by technical problems.

“Since the beginning of September, I have received 30,842 calls, emails and letters from Californians, many of whom are very distressed by cancellations of their insurance policies and who are facing increased out-of-pocket costs.

“For example, a father from Rancho Mirage called and said: ‘I work three jobs to pay the bills for my wife and daughter. I got a letter that my plan is going from $420 to $943. I went to HealthCare.Gov, then Covered California. I researched my premiums. A policy almost identical to my old one is being offered for $863. I’m now being forced to come up with over $400 a month with 30 days’ notice. Let me spell it out: I do not have the income to afford this.’
Dianne Feinstein joins effort to change Affordable Care Act - Politics Blog

YOUR friend--just judging from the circumstances you describe is getting FREE Obamacare-aka Medicade---while the middle class got suckered punched for the cost of his healthcare.

Democrats wisely decided to postpone the employer mandate until after the midterm election cycle--as there will be millions more that will lose the insurance plan they like to get moved into a more expensive one.

PURPOSE OF OBAMACARE: To insure the unisured EFFECT OF OBAMACARE: uninsuring the insured

139880_600.jpg

Welcome to your hope and change~

Last edited:
He was able to enroll and you call that success? Talk about lowering the bar, he should have been able to enroll back in October. I mean, if they had had their shit together and done it correctly...

And what about the millions who have lost their perfectly fine insurance? Or those who had know insurance and have come to find out they still can't afford it with Obamacare?

Your anecdotal tale of a "friend" is a success story for your "friend" only. It does not necessarily spell success for the ACA and the rest of the country...

Why?

Colonoscopy is now a fully covered preventative procedure that won't cost you a penny.

Same with your annual physicals with your doctor because that is also preventative care.

Perhaps if you contact your plan provider you will discover all of the other things that are provided without co-pays and deductibles.

Yep, another taker on the roles and not enough healthy young non-takers paying in.

Unsustainable

-Geaux

so does one offset the 5,000,000 plus known horror stories?

and if he isn't working, how is he paying his deductible?

Last edited:
lying about Obama care wont stop it.

millions now have insurance who could not have insurance before ACA

There is plenty of good news:

Millions of People Have Health Insurance Thanks to Obamacare

At least 9 million people are getting coverage under the health care law

The big number in the news this week was 1.1 million – the number of people who signed up for health insurance through Obamacare's federal insurance marketplace this year. This is an important figure, especially given the fact that it stood at little more than 100,000 at the end of November.

Nevertheless, that 1.1 million figure dramatically understates what the Affordable Care Act has already accomplished. The number we should be talking about is at least 9 million and could be 14 million people who are currently getting coverage under the law.

How many people are currently covered through the law? Start with the 1.1 million who have gotten care through the federal website. If you layer on the number of enrollees who have gotten coverage through state-run exchanges that number tops 2.1 million, Secretary of Health and Human Services Kathleen Sebelius announced Tuesday. Then throw in the 3.9 million people who have gotten health coverage under Obamacare's Medicaid expansion. Oh and don't forget about the young adults under 26 who are still covered by their parents' health insurance plans thanks to the Affordable Care Act. A year-and-a-half ago, the Department of Health and Human Services put the number at 3.1 million but an August study by the Commonwealth Fund, a private foundation that focuses on health policy research, estimated that the figure had reached 7.8 million. Total those numbers and you get a minimum of 9 million Americans covered through Obamacare and a maximum of nearly 14 million.
Millions of People Have Health Insurance Because of Obamacare - US News and World Report

Report: Obamacare helps slow growth in health care costs

The slowing growth in health care costs isn’t just a fluke or a remnant of the recession, the White House asserted in a report released Wednesday, but rather a result of reforms in Obamacare.

The White House report is an attempt to shape the debate over how much credit should be given to the Affordable Care Act for the growth in health care spending dropping to its lowest levels since the 1960s.

Read more: Report: Obamacare helps slow growth in health care costs - Carrie Budoff Brown - POLITICO.com

There is plenty of good news:

Millions of People Have Health Insurance Thanks to Obamacare

At least 9 million people are getting coverage under the health care law

The big number in the news this week was 1.1 million – the number of people who signed up for health insurance through Obamacare's federal insurance marketplace this year. This is an important figure, especially given the fact that it stood at little more than 100,000 at the end of November.

Nevertheless, that 1.1 million figure dramatically understates what the Affordable Care Act has already accomplished. The number we should be talking about is at least 9 million and could be 14 million people who are currently getting coverage under the law.

How many people are currently covered through the law? Start with the 1.1 million who have gotten care through the federal website. If you layer on the number of enrollees who have gotten coverage through state-run exchanges that number tops 2.1 million, Secretary of Health and Human Services Kathleen Sebelius announced Tuesday. Then throw in the 3.9 million people who have gotten health coverage under Obamacare's Medicaid expansion. Oh and don't forget about the young adults under 26 who are still covered by their parents' health insurance plans thanks to the Affordable Care Act. A year-and-a-half ago, the Department of Health and Human Services put the number at 3.1 million but an August study by the Commonwealth Fund, a private foundation that focuses on health policy research, estimated that the figure had reached 7.8 million. Total those numbers and you get a minimum of 9 million Americans covered through Obamacare and a maximum of nearly 14 million.
Millions of People Have Health Insurance Because of Obamacare - US News and World Report

Report: Obamacare helps slow growth in health care costs

The slowing growth in health care costs isn’t just a fluke or a remnant of the recession, the White House asserted in a report released Wednesday, but rather a result of reforms in Obamacare.

The White House report is an attempt to shape the debate over how much credit should be given to the Affordable Care Act for the growth in health care spending dropping to its lowest levels since the 1960s.

Read more: Report: Obamacare helps slow growth in health care costs - Carrie Budoff Brown - POLITICO.com

yea, and 5,000,000 of that are people who had their better, cheaper plans cancelled by obamacare.

Why?

Colonoscopy is now a fully covered preventative procedure that won't cost you a penny.

Same with your annual physicals with your doctor because that is also preventative care.

Perhaps if you contact your plan provider you will discover all of the other things that are provided without co-pays and deductibles.

Colonoscopies are only covered as a preventative screening, and only according to guidelines. If your Physician tells you to get one outside of these guidelines (like if you are under 50 or you have had one within 3 years) you'll pay the co-pays and deductibles.

Why?

Colonoscopies are only covered as a preventative screening, and only according to guidelines. If your Physician tells you to get one outside of these guidelines (like if you are under 50 or you have had one within 3 years) you'll pay the co-pays and deductibles.

Or if they find something and take, like polyps....I learned this the hard way last January.

Forum List

Back