Suburbanites....get guns, the democrat party is sending their antifa, blm, black bloc thugs into residential neighborhoods now......

LOL.....Damn, maybe you people should just quit and go to your respective corners because half (on either side of the 2A issue) don't know WTF you are talking about. I've not seen such a low-rent discussion in years. :auiqs.jpg:
I realize the discussion is unique, but that could be what's been missing.

And now you're attempting to censor the content of the discussion for no apparent reason. If you don't care to take part then don't.

Yes, you're right about it being the people. That's a more nuanced approach to the problem. And so it's the guns in the hands of the people with a mindset of violence.

You shouldn't have to give up your guns.

And of course it will never be 'most' who shoot other people.

If say a hundred gun owners were lined up holding their guns, I would suggest that the one or two who will be involved in trouble of some sort with their guns, could be identified by their personal appearance and by the guns they choose to own.

Trouble as in everything to accidental shootings, vandalism with a gun, or crimes up to and including murder. Their mindset of violence could be measured somewhat by their choice of weapon and their personal appearance.

It's always worth broadening the conversation, if only to poke the extremists with a stick.
But much more is possible!
I am pretty sure that it is even far less than even 1 out of every 100 gun owners that will shoot, threaten or accidentally be involved in any kind of negative fire arms event that actually brings harm. It certainly is around here. Even smart conservative, generally safety minded people do stupid crap by accident. Look at YouTube dashcam vids, if in doubt.

I am pretty sure that it is even far less than even 1 out of every 100 gun owners that will shoot, threaten or accidentally be involved in any kind of negative fire arms event that actually brings harm. It certainly is around here. Even smart conservative, generally safety minded people do stupid crap by accident. Look at YouTube dashcam vids, if in doubt.
I meant for it to be an imagined situation and so of course it could be less than 1 in 100. But you're only 'pretty sure' about it.
It could be investigated to ground but I don't see any real purpose of doing that.

Suffice to say that when I was a shooter and a hunter, I witnessed a fair amount of abusive behaviour with guns. However, none resulting in accidental deaths. Luckily!

I still suggest that the guy with the 'over under' who is dressed appropriately for his sport, or is in normal street clothes, will almost never be the one who caused trouble with his gun.

Contrast him with the guy standing on a city street corner with his AR-15, who is dressed in camo and his carrying an ammunition belt or two.

The dash cam antics could be exceptions to the rule, on stupid and careless behaviour.

It could be investigated to ground but I don't see any real purpose of doing that.
Of course you wouldn't duck. That would require FACTS, you know those pesky little things that you avoid. I am absolutely positive that White6 has access to and will provide those statistics to you, but you don't care to have those presented because they will nullify any point you were trying to make. So once again, butt out. You have no standing in policy discussions in the US. This is not Canaduh.

I've promoted the idea that may lead to attempts to flesh it out. I would expect the first attempt to do so will come from one of the extremists who may also make it your and my business to know what guns they've chosen.

For instance, I doubt that the guy in the line with an 'over under' shotgun, dressed in clothes suitable for the sport, won't be one of those who causes some vandalism or violence with his guns. Conversely, the guy with the black AR-15 who is dressed up in a camo costume will be indicating a dangerous mindset.

Can you add more fleshing it out?
Maybe that guy is going hog hunting after the line-up and the O/U guy is going to take care of a cheating wife after a bird hunt. ;)

Back in the mid-80s a childhood friend of mine killed three black home invaders over in MD with a iron-sighted lever-action Model 336 Marlin in .35 Remington. It was his deer rifle his dad gave him when he was around 12.

All three were armed. He was just a occasional hunter on his dad's farm and worked as a bank branch manager. His dad told me those 200 gr. soft points really did a number on them.

Point is you can't really tell the will/motivations of a person by what is owned, their appearance, or their occupation.

LOL....BTW, my friend un-assed MD in a hurry and managed a bank here in town till he retired.....He lives in AZ now.

I meant for it to be an imagined situation and so of course it could be less than 1 in 100. But you're only 'pretty sure' about it.

Suffice to say that when I was a shooter and a hunter, I witnessed a fair amount of abusive behaviour with guns. However, none resulting in accidental deaths. Luckily!

I still suggest that the guy with the 'over under' who is dressed appropriately for his sport, or is in normal street clothes, will almost never be the one who caused trouble with his gun.

Contrast him with the guy standing on a city street corner with his AR-15, who is dressed in camo and his carrying an ammunition belt or two.

The dash cam antics could be exceptions to the rule, on stupid and careless behaviour.
I'll remember that and try to keep my AR-15 off the streets. As for the camo, I usually save the camo, LBE and "jump boots" for back country hiking. Still fits though, even after retired 25 years.

Maybe that guy is going hog hunting after the line-up and the O/U guy is going to take care of a cheating wife after a bird hunt. ;)
It's possible but you are caught digging for the exception in this case, and so only help to make my point.
Back in the mid-80s a childhood friend of mine killed three black home invaders over in MD with a iron-sighted lever-action Model 336 Marlin in .35 Remington. It was his deer rifle his dad gave him when he was around 12.
And again, you reach for the exception to the rule.
All three were armed. He was just a occasional hunter on his dad's farm and worked as a bank branch manager. His dad told me those 200 gr. soft points really did a number on them.
200 grain is doubtful and would be an exception to the usual. And then it's also most likely your attempt to embellish a story that is an obvious exception to the rule.
Point is you can't really tell the will/motivations of a person by what is owned, their appearance, or their occupation.
In fact, if you imagine my line of 100, you can make an educated guess. And you could even make an educated guess by singling out those with 'black' firearms, as opposed to the 'over under' shotgun. But granted, he could use his shotgun to murder his wife. It's much more likely he'll use a handgun or a 'black' gun if he's going to take it to some school.
LOL....BTW, my friend un-assed MD in a hurry and managed a bank here in town till he retired.....He lives in AZ now.

Him being a friend of yours wouldn't have gone unnoticed by the police if the murders were investigated.

Of course you wouldn't duck. That would require FACTS, you know those pesky little things that you avoid. I am absolutely positive that White6 has access to and will provide those statistics to you, but you don't care to have those presented because they will nullify any point you were trying to make. So once again, butt out. You have no standing in policy discussions in the US. This is not Canaduh.
White doesn't have the statistics and he made that clear in his comments. You may not have read what he said?

I will suggest that at least 1 in 100 will commit some act of violence or some more egregious crime with his gun. It could even be the shooting of a game animal out of season or some other violation of the law, such as an illegal animal due to size, sex, restricted area, or some other.

Now it becomes highly unlikely that the entire 100 will be clean.

And then, the gun and the costume being worn will be highly indicative.

It's possible but you are caught digging for the exception in this case, and so only help to make my point.

And again, you reach for the exception to the rule.

200 grain is doubtful and would be an exception to the usual. And then it's also most likely your attempt to embellish a story that is an obvious exception to the rule.

In fact, if you imagine my line of 100, you can make an educated guess. And you could even make an educated guess by singling out those with 'black' firearms, as opposed to the 'over under' shotgun. But granted, he could use his shotgun to murder his wife. It's much more likely he'll use a handgun or a 'black' gun if he's going to take it to some school.

Him being a friend of yours wouldn't have gone unnoticed by the police if the murders were investigated.
Meh, the cops in MD were cool, just three more dead crackheads to them, deemed justified, no charges. Harold just decided that he needed a bit more Virginia in his life. The banks at the time would send the young managers to shit-hole areas. He was over around Hyattsville, MD when the home invasion took place.

The 200 gr soft point is pretty much the standard factory loading for the .35 Remington. I killed my first deer with a 1955 Marlin 336c "Texan" in .35 using that same cartridge......My last one too. 50 years to the day apart with the same rifle. Then I "retired" from deer hunting....I figured I had a really good run. :)

DSCN5599_2.jpg

I'll remember that and try to keep my AR-15 off the streets. As for the camo, I usually save the camo, LBE and "jump boots" for back country hiking. Still fits though, even after retired 25 years.
I doubt the AR-15.
But then it's an indication of the mindset issue you introduced, as opposed to the mindset in countries where that sort of weapon is no where nearly as popular.
Can you perhaps combine all of your thoughts into one or two posts. I can't keep up to replying to your messages when you're trying to get your point across every two minutes.

What can I say? I'm against school shootings and the NRA profiting off of the death of children.
Meh, the NRA is pretty much dead by their own hand. Neither the left or right is skeered of them any more.....Serious 2A advocates have moved on.....Piss on "Wayne" and his fancy suits.

Grass root state level .orgs is where it's at now, along with the pro-2A lawyers of the SAF. ;)

Leftists are pissing off the people that made this country great. The ones that fought and died for it and they'll do it again if you keep pushing.

but you are caught digging for the exception in this case,
Says you. Prove that it is the exception duck. You can't so STFU
you reach for the exception to the rule.
Not the exception, again duck. This ain't Canada--we defend our homes in this country.
200 grain is doubtful and would be an exception to the usual
You're showing your ignorance again duck. .375 Caliber 200 Grain Jacketed Flat Point Bullets Lapua Mega .30-06 Springfield 200 grain Soft Point Brass Cased Centerfire Rifle Ammunition 500 RDS - Honor Ammo Shop Speer Bullets 2405 Hot-Cor 338 Caliber .338 200 GR Spitzer Soft Point 50 Box Bullet Type: Spitzer Soft Point, You see, in this country, we back up our statements with PROOF. You have none so you spew shit.

Yes, I know that you cannot stop change.

But I still weep for what Minneapolis used to be.

A city where Mary Tyler Moore could throw her hat into the air -- and it wouldn't be stolen.

A city that was built by hard-working and properly behaving people from Scandinavia.

Sadly, things will only get even worse in the coming decades.

Not the exception, again duck. This ain't Canada--we defend our homes in this country.

You're showing your ignorance again duck. Lapua Mega .30-06 Springfield 200 grain Soft Point Brass Cased Centerfire Rifle Ammunition

It certainly is ignorant to compare the 30-06 with the .35 Remington.

This isn't a thread in which you should be trying to impress others with your fascination on your guns. Nor should you be touching your guns in places that make the guns feel uncomfortable.
fk off and mind your own business pissant, this isn't America. It's a useful discussion when you aren't spamming it.

I doubt the AR-15.
But then it's an indication of the mindset issue you introduced, as opposed to the mindset in countries where that sort of weapon is no where nearly as popular.

Can you perhaps combine all of your thoughts into one or two posts. I can't keep up to replying to your messages when you're trying to get your point across every two minutes.
You can't keep up with one a day duck. Guess that says something about your abilities. You also, apparently, can't find time to substantiate ANY of your assertions either. In this country, we call that BULLSHIT. Re: White6's AR-15, why don't you come down here and question him in person and find out.
It could even be the shooting of a game animal out of season
Gun violence isn't poaching moron. As for the other numbers you wanted--here you go (a simple internet search will greatly reduce your ignorance--maybe) There are approx. 400 million legal guns in the US. There were a hair over 20K instances of gun violence in the US in 2021. Simple math puts the rate of gun violence per gun at .00005--that is five thousandths of one percent. Now STFU or provide substantiation for your bullshit, duck.

You're showing your ignorance again duck. .375 Caliber 200 Grain Jacketed Flat Point Bullets Lapua Mega .30-06 Springfield 200 grain Soft Point Brass Cased Centerfire Rifle Ammunition 500 RDS - Honor Ammo Shop Speer Bullets 2405 Hot-Cor 338 Caliber .338 200 GR Spitzer Soft Point 50 Box Bullet Type: Spitzer Soft Point, You see, in this country, we back up our statements with PROOF. You have none so you spew shit.
LOL.....I knew when he threw shade on the .35 Rem. 200 gr SP he was full of it......When they try to opine on the technical aspects of a cartridge it always gives them away. ;)

My 1930 Model 8 in .35 Rem likes the 200 gr fodder too.
8_002__2__JPG-1730886.JPG

BTW you can make stripper clips out of brass 8mm Turk Mauser clips.....Of course the Model 8s and 81s are take-downs.

8_001__2__JPG-1730890.JPG

You can't keep up with one a day duck. Guess that says something about your abilities. You also, apparently, can't find time to substantiate ANY of your assertions either. In this country, we call that BULLSHIT. Re: White6's AR-15, why don't you come down here and question him in person and find out.

Gun violence isn't poaching moron.

You're a bit confused and so you need to go back to #31 where you will see that I din't limit it to 'gun violence' only!

Instead of your anger and unnecessary spamming, maybe you could quote me on what I 'really' said?

And maybe then you can find some statistics that show something to refute what I said?

Forum List

Back