Student who got hit by a car at 1:30 a.m. during an anti-Trump protest, sued her college because it “failed to warn students of the danger..."

My theory is he was trying to cut the airlines to the brakes.
Not positive but I'm pretty sure the trailer brakes will lock up without air.
Maybe a truck driver can chime in.
Yes, you are correct. Loss of air pressure will lock up the brakes.

I was pretty sure that was the case.
And it's the only reason I can think of as to why he would be under the truck in the first place.
Be interesting to know if he had any background in the trucking industry.
I't appears it will be going to court and Fedex's lawyers are sure to bring it up.

Lawyer calls her mom to testify;
"MRS. FLORES, did you teach your child to look both ways before crossing the street?"
Reply: "Yeah sure, when she was just a child, she knows better"
Lawyer: "and did you tell her not no gather in the middle of a highway?"
mother's reply: "no, I didn't think I had to, it's something so obvious, that doesn't need to be said"
Lawyer: so is your daughter suing you for not explaining to her the dangers?"
Mothers reply: "no she is not".
Lawyer: "case closed"!

This is my own writing.

Full title: Maria Ana Carrola Flores, the UC San Diego student who got hit by a car at 1:30 a.m. during an anti-Trump protest, actually sued her college because it “failed to warn students of the danger of walking onto the freeway”

This video shows an anti-Trump protest near UC San Diego that took place at 1:30 a.m. a few days after Trump was elected President.

One of the protestors, a UC San Diego student named Maria Ana Carrola Flores, gets hit by a car:

Maria Ana Carrola Flores chose to stand in the middle of a busy highway at 1:30 a.m.

And after she got hit by a car, she actually sued the driver who hit her.

She also sued the city and county of San Diego, UC San Diego, and the UC Board of Regents.

The Washington Free Beacon explained the reason for her lawsuit with the following: (the bolding is mine)

"Flores’s attorney, Jerold Sullivan, argued that while his client accepted her responsibility for the accident, others shared blame as well. Sullivan claimed that according to Flores, campus officials had encouraged the protest, did not control it, and failed to warn students of the danger of walking onto the freeway."

So she sued her college because it didn’t teach her that it was dangerous to stand in the middle of a busy highway at 1:30 a.m.

That’s insane.

Fortunately, a judge dismissed her lawsuit.

And besides, since she did insist on filing a lawsuit because someone didn’t teach her that standing in the middle of a busy highway at 1:30 a.m. was dangerous, then she should have filed the lawsuit against her parents, not her college.

The person driving that car should counter sue Flores and those campus "officials" who encouraged the blocking of a freeway!

This is my own writing.

Full title: Maria Ana Carrola Flores, the UC San Diego student who got hit by a car at 1:30 a.m. during an anti-Trump protest, actually sued her college because it “failed to warn students of the danger of walking onto the freeway”

This video shows an anti-Trump protest near UC San Diego that took place at 1:30 a.m. a few days after Trump was elected President.

One of the protestors, a UC San Diego student named Maria Ana Carrola Flores, gets hit by a car:

Maria Ana Carrola Flores chose to stand in the middle of a busy highway at 1:30 a.m.

She also sued the city and county of San Diego, UC San Diego, and the UC Board of Regents.

The Washington Free Beacon explained the reason for her lawsuit with the following: (the bolding is mine)

"Flores’s attorney, Jerold Sullivan, argued that while his client accepted her responsibility for the accident, others shared blame as well. Sullivan claimed that according to Flores, campus officials had encouraged the protest, did not control it, and failed to warn students of the danger of walking onto the freeway."

So she sued her college because it didn’t teach her that it was dangerous to stand in the middle of a busy highway at 1:30 a.m.

That’s insane.

And besides, since she did insist on filing a lawsuit because someone didn’t teach her that standing in the middle of a busy highway at 1:30 a.m. was dangerous, then she should have filed the lawsuit against her parents, not her college.

The person driving that car should counter sue Flores and those campus "officials" who encouraged the blocking of a freeway!

And the damage done to his car. His time and effort in having to go through it.

Hell.. How did she even get into college if she didn't know she has a much higher chance of getting hit on a busy highway? I thought they screened for some higher form of intelligence?

Edit: I know I've been saying this a lot... But jeez... Stupid should never be rewarded.
Peer pressure combined with alcohol and mob mentality can make otherwise smart kids do stupid things.

Then scumbag shysters convince the surviving grieving family members to capitalize on the unfortunate event with a lawsuit.

A sick disgusting form of human sacrifice.

There's definitely some truth to that.
But no amount of peer pressure would make me stand in the middle of the highway. Especially when it's obvious the car heading right at me was not going to slow down.
It's difficult to judge the speed of an oncoming vehicle. Especially at night. And especially if you're a kid and have never been in that situation before.

She could have ended up like this darwin award winner..
Cant find the uncut version again but it was brutal!!!
He got caught up in between the dual tires and was rolled around like bread dough in a mixer.

His family said he wasn't looting. Someone else in this thread said he was trying to sabatoge the truck. His family did not explain why he was under the truck. He was not hit by the front of the truck. It's certainly not the driver's fault.

Here's a link to the video that you couldn't find.

Warning: This video is very graphic.

Skip to 26:50

Link to original

Link to archived version in case the original gets erased

Hell.. How did she even get into college if she didn't know she has a much higher chance of getting hit on a busy highway? I thought they screened for some higher form of intelligence?

Edit: I know I've been saying this a lot... But jeez... Stupid should never be rewarded.
Peer pressure combined with alcohol and mob mentality can make otherwise smart kids do stupid things.

Then scumbag shysters convince the surviving grieving family members to capitalize on the unfortunate event with a lawsuit.

But no amount of peer pressure would make me stand in the middle of the highway. Especially when it's obvious the car heading right at me was not going to slow down.
Except that is not what is alleged to have happened.

the truck was stopped and the driver claims they took off out of fear because filthy POS ass wipes were trying to loot it after looting the Amazon truck. This is the type of shit that happens when looting occurs.

I cannot think of a single kosher reason he was underneath the truck to begin with. Who thinks this is a good idea during a protest? Crazy. The question is going to be if the driver took off before or after his truck started getting mobbed. If before, then there is a problem. If after than this is just a tragedy from people doing stupid shit.

He got caught up in between the dual tires and was rolled around like bread dough in a mixer.

His family said he wasn't looting. Someone else in this thread said he was trying to sabatoge the truck. His family did not explain why he was under the truck. He was not hit by the front of the truck. It's certainly not the driver's fault.

Link to original

Thanks for actual source material (and the warning it really is graphic).

This is my own writing.

That’s insane.

Apparently, the college needs to send her home for being a dumbass...

This is my own writing.

That’s insane.

hope it gets thrown out. She was an adult not a toddler . She knows not to go in the road or you might get run over

It's difficult to judge the speed of an oncoming vehicle. Especially at night. And especially if you're a kid and have never been in that situation before.

Maybe from a distance.
It'd become pretty clear once it got within 150 ft of you.

Link to original

Yep,thats the one.
Ya gotta love how these idiots think banging on the window and screaming at him is going to make him stop.
Dont blame the driver one bit for taking off.

Except that is not what is alleged to have happened.

the truck was stopped and the driver claims they took off out of fear because filthy POS ass wipes were trying to loot it after looting the Amazon truck. This is the type of shit that happens when looting occurs.

I cannot think of a single kosher reason he was underneath the truck to begin with. Who thinks this is a good idea during a protest? Crazy. The question is going to be if the driver took off before or after his truck started getting mobbed. If before, then there is a problem. If after than this is just a tragedy from people doing stupid shit.

That post was in reference to the dumb chick standing in the road.

As far as mud flap goes he had no business being under the truck unless he was trying to cut the brake line so the brakes would lock up on the trailer.

Forum List

Back