Student Arrested For Not Deleting Video From Phone

I know the point usually flies over your head....

But....

For those who are so anti-CRT -- many of the measures being passed by reactionary right-wingers like Gov DeSantis is deputizing students to record teachers in the classroom -- as a way to expose "CRT" being taught...of course it is bullshit, but these are actual policies...

So it is interesting to see if the same energy we see used on this student for the video she recorded is used on students who happen to record "CRT" in the classroom
It would be a smart move for teachers in Florida to quit, retire, move.

Children shouldn't be allowed to carry cell phones in school in the first place. We certainly couldn't do that when I was in school.

Parents should just give their kids a dime so they can use a pay phone if they need to call home during the day.
When was the last time you saw a payphone that actually worked? I think the last time I used a payphone was about 1996.

We need to control these kids, we don’t want them to think on their own and defy or question authorities do we?

When the government tells them to jump, the only question would be how high and then kneel on their rebellious little necks!
Are you saying the police were in the wrong with their treatment of this young black thug??

According to your DemNazi thinking, this little girl deserved to be assaulted by police and treated like a common criminal.

View attachment 578133
I wish you morons make your mind up...

So now a person who is PRO-POLICE AND CRIMINAL JUSTICE REFORM is also in favor of little girls being arrested by cops for not committing a crime??

Cool.....

Here is a concept......maybe when children are treated like this PERIOD -- you should be opposed to that too.....instead of twisting yourself into pretzels to justify it first..

Are you saying the police were in the wrong with their treatment of this young black thug??
Skin color is irrelevant. Right and wrong is more important. The police are wrong, there are better ways in dealing with a 12 year old. I think there could be a lawsuit coming but without knowing every detail, I see nothing wrong with her filming a fight.

MObile phones will lead to the death of order in our society. Many a good man has been brought low by selective highlights on a phone.
I am thinking about the victims in the Arbery and Floyd arrests here.

Skin color is irrelevant. Right and wrong is more important. The police are wrong, there are better ways in dealing with a 12 year old. I think there could be a lawsuit coming but without knowing every detail, I see nothing wrong with her filming a fight.
But then again....why didn't she comply??

If she had simply complied instead of being uppity and disobedient...she wouldn't have been slammed to the ground like that...

At least that is usually the general justification when certain people are brutalized by police...

Hopefully you are this passionate when you talk to your fellow Conservative friends...since the rest of us already AGREE that no child should treated this way

If she had simply complied instead of being uppity and disobedient...she wouldn't have been slammed to the ground like that...

At least that is usually the general justification when certain people are brutalized by police...

Hopefully you are this passionate when you talk to your fellow Conservative friends...since the rest of us already AGREE that no child should treated this way

Because it was HER PHONE and police were trying to make an illegal seizure

Just because she is a child , you still need a warrant

"When a fight erupted in the courtyard of Palm View K-8 School in September, one 12-year-old student took out her cellphone and recorded video of the melee. School administrators ended the fight. Then, they quickly shifted their attention to the girl, demanding she delete the video and give up her phone.

The student refused, setting off a chain of events that ended with a deputy twice forcing the seventh-grader to the ground and arresting her. School staff repeatedly said they wanted the video deleted from the girl’s phone, alleging the student committed a crime by recording school employees as they broke up the fight — a statement refuted by experts and the county sheriff.

Assistant principal, Michelle Clark, after they repeatedly stood in front of her and demanded her phone. And it was in that room where the deputy twice forced the student to the ground, charging her with battery on a law enforcement officer, battery on a school employee and resisting arrest."

Now, some may say the student had it coming and she should have been slammed to the ground and arrested for recording a video that the staff wanted her to delete....but.....she broke no law by doing this....before you condemn this little girl, remember...how else will students be able to expose teachers for teaching CRT if they aren't allowed to record...and if we aren't willing to condemn the way this student was treated for her recording -- what if this is how they treat other students who record CRT being taught??
I find little of this account to be believable. What makes you trust the reporting?

"When a fight erupted in the courtyard of Palm View K-8 School in September, one 12-year-old student took out her cellphone and recorded video of the melee. School administrators ended the fight. Then, they quickly shifted their attention to the girl, demanding she delete the video and give up her phone.

The student refused, setting off a chain of events that ended with a deputy twice forcing the seventh-grader to the ground and arresting her. School staff repeatedly said they wanted the video deleted from the girl’s phone, alleging the student committed a crime by recording school employees as they broke up the fight — a statement refuted by experts and the county sheriff.

Assistant principal, Michelle Clark, after they repeatedly stood in front of her and demanded her phone. And it was in that room where the deputy twice forced the student to the ground, charging her with battery on a law enforcement officer, battery on a school employee and resisting arrest."

Now, some may say the student had it coming and she should have been slammed to the ground and arrested for recording a video that the staff wanted her to delete....but.....she broke no law by doing this....before you condemn this little girl, remember...how else will students be able to expose teachers for teaching CRT if they aren't allowed to record...and if we aren't willing to condemn the way this student was treated for her recording -- what if this is how they treat other students who record CRT being taught??
The video might be evidence in a law suit. Perhaps the school staff did something illegal.

If cops are supposed to wear cameras in many states I see no problem with students recording school staff or even teachers teaching lessons in their classrooms.

Many parents grew aware that Critical Race Theory was being taught in our school system when COVID-19 caused remote schooling.

The following article discusses a how a picture of a white board led a girl’s parents to confront her school system about critical race theory.

The video might be evidence in a law suit. Perhaps the school staff did something illegal.

If cops are supposed to wear cameras in many states I see no problem with students recording school staff or even teachers teaching lessons in their classrooms.

Many parents grew aware that Critical Race Theory was being taught in our school system when COVID-19 caused remote schooling.

The following article discusses a how a picture of a white board led a girl’s parents to confront her school system about critical race theory.

Your article is incorrect. I didn't see anything about a white board. Wait? Isn't white board racist?

MObile phones will lead to the death of order in our society. Many a good man has been brought low by selective highlights on a phone.
I am thinking about the victims in the Arbery and Floyd arrests here.
They worked well and took some stupid people off the streets. In the day of instant video, you need to control your emotions and act like a human.

I don't know of too many friends of mine that would disagree with me, I guess you congregate with the wrong people.

I am almost 1000000% certain that whatever she saw on the whiteboard isn't CRT.....second, if that picture of a white board means CRT is pervasive, dare I say systematic that widespread action has to be taken...

Why are these same folks so reluctant to say racial bias in our courts and policing is so, dare I say, systematic that "widespread action" needs to be taken....

Pretty sure that whiteboard hasn't wrongfully convicted anyone....or killed any unarmed kid...however, much of that systemic bias that CRT points out -- can be backed up by ACTUAL REALITY

I don't know of too many friends of mine that would disagree with me, I guess you congregate with the wrong people.
The people I am referring to are the people on this very message board and most likely in this very thread...

Are you saying these people exist in a vacuum and are not real?

If a school has a stated policy against videos on school property, the student can be punished for violating that policy.

What they can’t do is force a child to unlock the phone or delete the video……without a warrant

To me, when there is nothing to hide or be ashamed of, no one minds. In other words, what reason was there really for that girl to be jumped on and treated like a criminal when she was only making sure that the incident couldn't be lied about? Or is doing such a thing no longer legal to do anymore?

God bless you and that girl always!!!

Holly

P.S. Because of how dangerous schools have become, I can't blame parents for making sure that their kids have their own phone now.

I am almost 1000000% certain that whatever she saw on the whiteboard isn't CRT.....second, if that picture of a white board means CRT is pervasive, dare I say systematic that widespread action has to be taken...

Why are these same folks so reluctant to say racial bias in our courts and policing is so, dare I say, systematic that "widespread action" needs to be taken....

Pretty sure that whiteboard hasn't wrongfully convicted anyone....or killed any unarmed kid...however, much of that systemic bias that CRT points out -- can be backed up by ACTUAL REALITY
I prefer to see actual history with all its faults taught so people can learn from it.

In my option American was founded on freedom not slavery.

Is there racial bias in our court system. Perhaps. It also seems that in most cases a rich white individual has a better chance in court than a poor white individual. Or a rich black individual has a better chance than than any poor individual no matter what race.

Are some cops racial biased. Yes. Are all cops racially biased. No.

Why do the cops target black neighborhoods? That’s where the most violent occurs.

Last edited:

New Topics

Forum List

Back