Stop invoking the Constitution

I will keep invoking it as it was meant to be. Meaning a constitutional document that was meant to be re-interpreted and amended with the times.

That means if people want to interpret as it was interpreted when pen was first put to paper on it, they wouldn't be reading it right - especially without the amendments (which might make the constitution look rather terrible).

As the world and nation changed the Constitution had to change or our interpretation of it. While it has only been amended 27 times, hundreds of changes, maybe thousands, have taken place with usage, court decisions and other means. How many laws or usages do we use today that might be declared unconstitutional if they went before the Court?
This nation's Constitution is 8700 words long and amended 27 times, Alabama's is 172,000 words and amended 800 times. Which is the better system?

Unless you are prepared to apply it fairly and equally to anyone who is a citizen in America, while obeying it completely and fully yourself; or if you know nothing about it, or of the rights it grants you. Stop invoking it if you plan on twisting its precepts to fit your agenda. Don't invoke the Constitution unless you're ready to exercise it.

Carry on.

I'm ready. What do want to debate about????

Did you forget who you're talking to?

The kid doesn't debate. He plays video games.

Buyt, that's okay cuz, see - its dark down there in the basement and by golly, he's the King of the Pac Men.

:lmao:

I am inviting him to debate me. I can win the debate if he accepts; I can win the debate if he refuses.

win win.

ROFLMNAO...

Is 'him' a pile of sand?

Because if not... you're out matched.

I will keep invoking it as it was meant to be. Meaning a constitutional document that was meant to be re-interpreted and amended with the times.

That means if people want to interpret as it was interpreted when pen was first put to paper on it, they wouldn't be reading it right - especially without the amendments (which might make the constitution look rather terrible).

The Constitution was meant to be read. Not Interpreted. READ it and you have it's meaning.

Interpreting is merely a word used to rationalize, 'making shit up to suit your own needs' OKA: Relativism.

And while Relativism had a nice run. That game has come to an end. You see, you've spent everyone's money so, the party is over ladies. Now, please return to shutting the fuck up and doing as you're told.

Thank you,
The Americans.

Unless you are prepared to apply it fairly and equally to anyone who is a citizen in America, while obeying it completely and fully yourself; or if you know nothing about it, or of the rights it grants you. Stop invoking it if you plan on twisting its precepts to fit your agenda. Don't invoke the Constitution unless you're ready to exercise it.

Carry on.

Are you talking about the Constitution as written or the one bastardized by the courts and politicians? They're not the same you know.

I am referring to those politicians, talking heads and judges on both sides who attempt bastardize the document as it was written. I'm talking about the liberal trolls on this board, and the conservative tin foil hats also.

Carry on.

Are you talking about the Constitution as written or the one bastardized by the courts and politicians? They're not the same you know.

Well maybe you can get an amendment through that will put the application of the Constitution under the authority of anonymous RWnuts on the internet.

Ever notice how when RWnuts talk about the 'correct' interpretations of the Constitution, those interpretations almost always, as if by magic, are in perfect accord with the rightwing political agenda?

Amazing, eh?

"As far as I'm concerned the US Constitution has 10 amendments."

So under the rules of the OP, you are not allowed to talk about the Constitution.

Aaand the topic went right over your head.

Politicians and people like you bastardize the document and distort it in the courts to suppress the rights of others. In my opinion you have no business attempting to enforce or explain it to others. What I see on both ends is that a lot of people are willing to outright ignore what the Constitution says on any given issue, because hey, the constitution was written a long time ago, right?

Oh, shut up. You don't even understand the document.

Only comment I will make about this doofus' stupidity.

Exactly, Comrade Starkiev

Tell him that you no longer invoke the Constitution (1787) since you fuckers abolished it in 1935.

300px-Flag_of_the_Soviet_Union.svg.png

Jake is the fake Republican. He wouldn't know the Constitution from the Communist Manifesto if both slapped him in the face and backside at the same time.

Last edited:
I will keep invoking it as it was meant to be.

Awesome!

Meaning a constitutional document that was meant to be re-interpreted and amended with the times.

Of course, if people would manage to heed to the Amendments.

The other amendments had to fall in line with the first 10. Hence my insistence that people should understand the document (all of the Amendments) before spouting off what rights they think they have as compared to the ones actually granted them by it.

Unless you are prepared to apply it fairly and equally to anyone who is a citizen in America, while obeying it completely and fully yourself;
So only people who are perfect, are allowed to talk about the Constitution?

You liberal fanatics come up with the silliest rules to try to keep others from proving you wrong.

Unless you are prepared to apply it fairly and equally to anyone who is a citizen in America, while obeying it completely and fully yourself;
So only people who are perfect, are allowed to talk about the Constitution?

You liberal fanatics come up with the silliest rules to try to keep others from proving you wrong.

You do realize you called me a liberal fanatic, right? I am a libertarian who leans towards the Republican side if anything, not a liberal or a fanatic. If you want proof of that, look at my thread about Obama and his antics at the National Prayer Breakfast.

Get this:

People invoking the name of the Constitution in a fit of zeal and false authority is like someone who says they know more about a book they haven't read than you do having read it all the way through.

Pipe down, pal. Or are you suggesting that you don't want to obey the constitution? That's your choice man.

Last edited:
The only enemies of the Constitution are those who try to wield it as a weapon against the living, by using the words of the dead.

"I willingly acquiesce in the institutions of my country, perfect or imperfect, and think it a duty to leave their modifications to those who are to live under them and are to participate of the good or evil they may produce. The present generation has the same right of self-government which the past one has exercised for itself." --Thomas Jefferson to John Hampden Pleasants, 1824. ME 16:29

Would the OP like to provide a concerned example of a politician unnecessarily or dishonestly "invoking" the constitution? Maybe a really important example which may have prompted this thread?

Come on, TK. I'll help you develop your thoughts.

Carry on.

I place very little credence in your apparent claim of authority and in fact I question your fundamental understanding of the Constitution. Anyone who claims knowledge and then makes the statement that the Constitution "grants" us rights, is arguing a position that is irreconcilable with the foundational principles of the Constitution and is thus fatally flawed.

Carry on.

The constitution and it's case law are inseparable, The constitution is the skeleton and case law is the flesh. The founders knew that if they did not make the document flexible and amendable it would fail. Don't know where you guys get this idea that it was meant to be rigid and is adequate on it's own.

Carry on.

So the constitution apples to you...but others only apply it to fit their agenda

Forum List

Back