Stop Insulting Trump Voters and Their Concerns. Instead, Shut Up and Take It.

He's going to be too busy with lawsuits to ever make a comeback.
He is dependent on social media to keep his divisive message alive.
Best to just bury any attempt at discussion until his dwindling cult followers disappear.
Who cares
they're awake and purging establishment fags and shitty actresses

dmdmdmmdd.jpeg

He's going to be too busy with lawsuits to ever make a comeback.
He is dependent on social media to keep his divisive message alive.
Best to just bury any attempt at discussion until his dwindling cult followers disappear.
He doesn't need to make a political comeback to be dangerous. As we speak dozens of states are legislating and making both voting more difficult and actually giving state houses the ability to refuse to accept the outcomes of elections.

It is actively punishing members of their own party who refuse to go along with the false narrative that the election was somehow stolen, both in their ability to be reelected and by marginalising their position within their caucus.

They are incentivized to question the functionality of elections and to reject election results they don't like. This is not hyperbole but simply a statement of fact. And is very dangerous in a representative Democracy.

You can’t paint all Republicans with the same brush. 1/3 held their nose and voted for Donald and some of that eroded last election, 1/3 are Trump zealots, and 1/3 just vote anti liberal no matter what.

The truth is that Americans just want policies that make sense. The question is real easy, "Is America better today than it was 30 years ago"? This could be asked of much of the West, and the explanation will be different in each country but almost certainly it's a unanimous "no".

If not, why not. Why would the term "status quo" ever be in the lexicon of politicians and leaders?

Trump upset the apple cart. Really though, politicians did it to themselves. When he says "I'm just the Messenger" there is a great deal of truth in the statement. Then he kept his word, and America was thriving.

I can see why Americans have gotten frustrated with conventional politicians on both sides, which led to not only the rise of Trump but of Commie Bernie Sanders as well.

They go to Washington, they don't solve problems.

But we are a large part of the problem. only 37% of us can name our congressman. We don't take the time to understand problems. We are perfectly happy with letting government run up debt than taking the hard choice of raising taxes or cutting programs.

But did the politicians learn anything from the Trump Horror Show? Nope. Looks like they are going right back to business as usual.

4i6Ckte.gif

As we all come together to clean up the mess that some of us deliberately caused, it’s clear that insults will get us nowhere. Calling Trump voters “dumber than a bag of hammers” only reveals that you are unserious about moving forward as a country. Going on to clarify that you meant to say that Trump voters were “to a person, dumber than the dumbest bag of hammers at a hammer store that used to specialize in selling extremely dumb hammers before the health department shut it down for selling bags of hammers that were so dumb it was against the law” will do very little to reach across the political chasm. It may feel good to insult the people whose stupidity, hatred, and fear caused untold suffering all over the world. It may feel great. It may feel like sitting on the porch and taking your first sip of an ice cold beer after a hot day, or finding a $20 bill in your coat pocket, or seeing the face of an old friend who’s been gone for a long time. It may feel so, so great. But consider this: Don’t?

Instead, try listening to Trump voters and their concerns as though you were plucked from the cabbage patch this very morning, fresh as the dew, with no memory of what happened when we spent several years listening to Trump voters and their concerns. While you’re listening, you can show your commitment to democracy in America by murmuring things like, “I see,” or nodding your head in an understanding manner. Do not do that thing where you pretend like you’re coughing and bark, “Bullshit!” into your fist when the Trump voter you are listening to says that of course they didn’t approve of everything Donald Trump did. Do not accuse them of enabling a nihilistic death cult that is steering the entire planet into a lake of fire. Do not throw pies or fruit or bricks. Do not say, “What’s that? It seems like you’re trying to talk, but all I can hear is a thick, clotty bubbling sound, because you’re up to your eyebrows in the blood of your fellow citizens.” Shaming will never work!
Well, two things, and they kind of go together:

I completely agree that most of the country didn't realize what was boiling under the surface in 2016, and what Trump unleashed. That goes for people even in the GOP. So yes, it's critical that we understand what is motivating these people to such an intense degree. One example: I can tell you that I was in here long before Trump ever ran for President, warning of a pushback to PC and Identity Politics. As it turned out, that was one of the most animating factors in getting the vote out for him. Lefties thought I was being silly when I was talking about it.

Second, I think the Left is making a big mistake when it dismisses this whole phenomenon as "stupidity". Ideology is not a function of intelligence. Some perfectly intelligent people are Trump supporters. Instead, this is a sociological / anthropological / cultural issue. So we damn well need to examine how a society and culture could produce a person like this within a context of national leadership. Reducing it to "you're dumb" is missing what is important and dangerous.

Trumpsters are going to be offended when we criticize their hero because they are so goddamn emotionally invested in him. There's not much we can do about that. But we sure as hell better examine how this happened in America.

This is not about Trump.

========================

gqA0SBM.jpg

================

Last edited:
You can’t paint all Republicans with the same brush. 1/3 held their nose and voted for Donald and some of that eroded last election, 1/3 are Trump zealots, and 1/3 just vote anti liberal no matter what.

Actually, there's no sign of that. Trump actually got more votes this time, and while that can be attributed to higher voter participation all around, even his percentage of the vote increased.

So I think your formula works out more to

1/3 are Trump Zealots
1/3 just can't admit they made a mistake last time
1/3 will vote anti-liberal no matter what.

I think the real problem is that the GOP has the same problem the Democrats had in the 1980's.. The inmates took over the asylum. Back in the 1970's and 80's, you saw the Democrats dominated by radical feminists, (whom Rush Limbaugh mocked as "Femi-Nazis"), peaceniks and race hustlers like Jesse Jackson. And the American people saw that, and frankly handed the GOP HUGE victories in four out of five elections in those decades.

Their only success was Jimmy Carter, a somewhat sensible moderate who was aided by the fact Nixon resigned in disgrace and Ford pardoned him... and he STILL only barely won.

The person who broke this was Bill Clinton, merely by standing up to the more radical elements with his "Third Way" path.

After that, the Republicans couldn't win elections without stealing them.

Today, the Republicans have the same problem. The inmates have taken over the asylum. The gun fetishists, the religious zealots and the libertarian children have much too much influence over the party now.

While it would be nice to blame all of this on Trump, Trump just learned how to say the quiet parts out loud to the lunatics, and the sensible Republicans have just decided to keep quiet about it.

He doesn't need to make a political comeback to be dangerous. As we speak dozens of states are legislating and making both voting more difficult and actually giving state houses the ability to refuse to accept the outcomes of elections.

It is actively punishing members of their own party who refuse to go along with the false narrative that the election was somehow stolen, both in their ability to be reelected and by marginalising their position within their caucus.

They are incentivized to question the functionality of elections and to reject election results they don't like. This is not hyperbole but simply a statement of fact. And is very dangerous in a representative Democracy.
No comeback needed. He was the head of the GOP as president, and he's head of the GOP now. His power was based in the fact that republicans would defend him, no matter what he said or did. That has not changed.

Vichy Mac, still wrong about everything, always willing to collaborate with the Nazis.

Well, two things, and they kind of go together:

I completely agree that most of the country didn't realize what was boiling under the surface in 2016, and what Trump unleashed. That goes for people even in the GOP. So yes, it's critical that we understand what is motivating these people to such an intense degree. I can tell you that I was in here long before Trump ever ran for President, warning of a pushback to PC and Identity Politics. As it turned out, that was one of the most animating factors in getting the vote out for him. Lefties thought I was being silly when I was talking about it.
YOu were being silly. You are still being silly.

Trump didn't do any better in terms of percentage of the electorate than McCain or Romney. What put him over the top was that so many pompous asses voted third party to prove how "special" they were. Trump actually got slightly less of the White Vote than the Weird Mormon Robot got. So much of the Angry White People theory. When haven't white people been angry? The Republicans have been pulling this shit on them since Tricky Dick.

It didn't help that Hillary was a completely unlikable hag who the party establishment forced down the throat of their own electorate. Because they all saw she was ahead in the polls and forgot the Electoral College was a thing.

This time, people were smart enough to realize.. "Oh, yeah. We need to get out there and vote."

Second, I think the Left is making a big mistake when it dismisses this whole phenomenon as "stupidity". Ideology is not a function of intelligence. Some perfectly intelligent people are Trump supporters. Instead, this is a sociological / anthropological / cultural issue. So we damn well need to examine how a society and culture could produce a person like this within a context of national leadership. Reducing it to "you're dumb" is missing what is important and dangerous.

The problem is, they are dumb. I mean, really fucking dumb. I mean literally, "I won't take a life-saving shot because it's admitting my Orange God Man screwed up" dumb.

I agree Trump does represent some of the failings of our society. A society that confuses "celebrity" with merit. Trump has been self-promoting since the 1980's. A Republican Party that has been playing on the racial, religious and sexual fears of a large segment of the population.

Trumpsters are going to be offended when we criticize their hero because they are so emotionally invested in him. There's not much we can do about that. But we sure as hell better examine how this happened in America.

This is not about Trump.

Naw, man, we need to stop pandering to the bigotry of stupid white people. they aren't going to change, they aren't going to suddenly become decent because we ask them nicely.

Naw, man, we need to stop pandering to the bigotry of stupid white people. they aren't going to change, they aren't going to suddenly become decent because we ask them nicely.
In fact, they're getting the governments they deserve.

Good and hard...

Trump haters should continue their twaddle. Get louder. Get even more acrimonious. We, the non woke, the non stasi, cannot afford to imagine that there is any basis for compromise. They are the enemy. We must never forget that.

I can see why Americans have gotten frustrated with conventional politicians on both sides, which led to not only the rise of Trump but of Commie Bernie Sanders as well.

They go to Washington, they don't solve problems.

But we are a large part of the problem. only 37% of us can name our congressman. We don't take the time to understand problems. We are perfectly happy with letting government run up debt than taking the hard choice of raising taxes or cutting programs.

But did the politicians learn anything from the Trump Horror Show? Nope. Looks like they are going right back to business as usual.
Bernie isn't a Commie. :laugh:

One example: I can tell you that I was in here long before Trump ever ran for President, warning of a pushback to PC and Identity Politics. As it turned out, that was one of the most animating factors in getting the vote out for him.
They were pissed that we had an extremely popular Black president. What animated them was Trump vowing to erase his presidency.

Forum List

Back