Stop Insulting God

Yet they believe it is us being arrogant when we doubt a god exists let alone care. Don't they have that the other way around? To think god put all this here for them and has a heaven awaiting?

And this delusion is good for us how? Besides making them feel better about themselves.

Religious beliefs are a form of mental illness, and I'm not the first to say it. We have a double-standard at play in the psychiatric community we're still working on resolving. If you talk to an imaginary friend and base your life on things you claim it tells you, you're mentally ill. But if you say it's God you're not.
The psychiatric community does not embrace you're theory. Being a Leftist, though, I'm sure you would balk at the notion that homosexuality is a mental disorder. Stop pretending you're being rational instead of asserting your blind religious belief that God doesn't exist.

How does one pretend to be rational? Aren't you just rational or irrational?

I'm not a leftist. While I have my leftist positions I have a lot of righty ones too. I'm a true moderate though I try to avoid taking sides when it comes to politics. I think they're all lame.

"All along, the majority position of Psychiatry has been that Psychiatry has nothing to do with religion and spirituality. Religious beliefs and practices have long been thought to have a pathological basis, and psychiatrists over a century have understood them in this light. Religion was considered as a symptom of mental illness. Jean Charcot and Sigmund Freud linked religion with neurosis. DSM3 portrayed religion negatively by suggesting that religious and spiritual experiences are examples of psychopathology."
Spirituality and mental health

...Tell me more about things you know nothing about. You make me laugh.
I said the psychiatric community does not embrace your strange theory and I'm right. You can't make that go away with a quote. Most mental health proffesionals don't agree with you.

Stop lying, Leftists!

The only difference is how many people believe.

But you are right its not the same. For example kids aren't insane for believing in Santa.

Sounds like a George Carlin quote, "I have just as much authority as the Pope. Just not as many who believe it." :)

When a living organism dies, especially higher animals like us, our brains and everything the brain was which defined us stops working. Thus we and everything we once were ceases to exist. Death then is the end of consciousness and experience. There's no way for anything to come after death because everything we had which enabled us to perceive reality and experience our enviroment isn't working any more. It's akin to how if you touch a live power line you'll get a shock. But if you stop the power going through it it's just an inert cable. We're inert when dead, there isn't anything coming up next.

The occult teaches we have a number of higher bodies that exist on more subtle planes of existence. The highest body is a formless body of light which contains the memory of past lives. Below that are bodies that we inhabit in higher planes such as, the astral body and the mental body. The lowest body is the physical body and it is connected to the spirit by an energy shell called the etheric double. I have had much experience of my etheric body, and using the chakras which are channels of energy that connect the physical body to the astral.

Its why the Greeks had multiple gods. Still who had the original gods? Why can't the universe just exist? It is eternal. It lives and will one day expire and start all over. No god necessary.

You are one of the most ignorant people I've encountered when it comes to science.

The most common theory of the origin of the universe is that of a quantum singularity, which collapsed upon itself until the nuclear forces became so great that it burst forth in a "big bang," sending energy in all directions at once. This is a creation event - though some see this as cyclical, that the universe will at some point collapse again into a singularity. There is a reasonable amount of evidence to support the expansion of the universe from a single point - none at all to support the eventual collapse.

We humans are intellectual beings - well some of us are, others make gods of Neil Tyson. Intellectual beings seek to find meaning in their relationship with their environment. Gods are created to help explain the meaning of life and our role in physical reality.
I don't disagree with you. Must make you ignorant.

If I make it to heaven, I would be a bit startled to see Hitler there.

OR any number of other mass murdering scumbags.

Hitler is not in any kind of heaven. In the after life he probably found himself in the lower planes that are dark and bleak. He would spend as much time there remembering what he did in life until such time as he regretted his actions. At that time he might be allowed to reincarnate to face karmic debts, These debts are so enormous as to
be crushing for his soul, as it is hard to see how he can ever pay for all the suffering he is responsible for.
He must account for every action and its reaction for as many lives as it takes to resolve his karma. Such is the forbidding nature of Hitler's hell.
Sounds good to me. Or burning in hell. Either way its just wild speculation and wishful thinking. But I hope you are right.

The other possibility is like when a mean coyote wolf lion hippo cougar bear or dog dies they just die just like good ones do.

I believe you get one shot at this and that all the humans that suffered while here while tragic is just life. No heaven for the whale that got harpooned in the 1700s. No heaven for the beagles and monkeys we experiment on now and no heaven for us.

Our job is to make heaven here now. You can speculate but better you work now to make your life and the lives of others better now. If there's something after you'll be rewarded and belief is not required.

When a living organism dies, especially higher animals like us, our brains and everything the brain was which defined us stops working. Thus we and everything we once were ceases to exist. Death then is the end of consciousness and experience. There's no way for anything to come after death because everything we had which enabled us to perceive reality and experience our enviroment isn't working any more. It's akin to how if you touch a live power line you'll get a shock. But if you stop the power going through it it's just an inert cable. We're inert when dead, there isn't anything coming up next.

A more fascinating question to me has always been what exactly is different from the last moment we're alive, to the first moment we're dead? All the matter is still there but stuff stopped working right and we died. But can't we just restore what isn't working and restore life? Kinda Dr. Franky but when ya don't believe in afterlifes ya tend to wonder what death is exactly.

Currently we say death is the suspension of neural function. Ok, so what's a working brain if not a brain with some electricity running through it. Why not just shock the dead brain ala Frankenstein or Star Trek: TNG? When "Dr. Crusher" restored a dying person she shocked their brain. Not their heart.

We can prolong but nothing lasts forever. You'll get Alzheimer's.

Why did you say especially higher animals like us? Isn't thinking you're any different than a single cell organism sort of religious talk?

While a single-celled organism is certainly alive, I wouldn't want one moving in next door to me. :)

Hitler is not in any kind of heaven. In the after life he probably found himself in the lower planes that are dark and bleak. He would spend as much time there remembering what he did in life until such time as he regretted his actions. At that time he might be allowed to reincarnate to face karmic debts, These debts are so enormous as to
be crushing for his soul, as it is hard to see how he can ever pay for all the suffering he is responsible for.
He must account for every action and its reaction for as many lives as it takes to resolve his karma. Such is the forbidding nature of Hitler's hell.
Sounds good to me. Or burning in hell. Either way its just wild speculation and wishful thinking. But I hope you are right.

The other possibility is like when a mean coyote wolf lion hippo cougar bear or dog dies they just die just like good ones do.

I believe you get one shot at this and that all the humans that suffered while here while tragic is just life. No heaven for the whale that got harpooned in the 1700s. No heaven for the beagles and monkeys we experiment on now and no heaven for us.

Our job is to make heaven here now. You can speculate but better you work now to make your life and the lives of others better now. If there's something after you'll be rewarded and belief is not required.

A more fascinating question to me has always been what exactly is different from the last moment we're alive, to the first moment we're dead? All the matter is still there but stuff stopped working right and we died. But can't we just restore what isn't working and restore life? Kinda Dr. Franky but when ya don't believe in afterlifes ya tend to wonder what death is exactly.

Currently we say death is the suspension of neural function. Ok, so what's a working brain if not a brain with some electricity running through it. Why not just shock the dead brain ala Frankenstein or Star Trek: TNG? When "Dr. Crusher" restored a dying person she shocked their brain. Not their heart.

Why did you say especially higher animals like us? Isn't thinking you're any different than a single cell organism sort of religious talk?

While a single-celled organism is certainly alive, I wouldn't want one moving in next door to me. :)
Yep, there goes the neighborhood!

God is not a she. But I agree that God is far greater than the stories told about Him. He is too great to put into words! Did you watch that video yet? Please watch it. It's got important information, Joe!

Have you watched the Cosmos yet? Because the universe is too big to put into words. And it is arrogant wishful thinking to believe in this universe and in our very brief time on this planet that we are special. Wishful thinking. The more we learn the more we realize just how insignificant we really are. Trilobite's and dinosaurs were on this planet for millions of years before us and we've only been around for hundreds of thousands of years. God doesn't give with reality. If were going to evolve and improve we need to grow up.

In my philosophy it is the immortal spirit that evolves, and the body follows on. The dinosaurs did not die out, they evolved into birds.

What was your former life like? If you don't remember then what does it matter? Are you going to tell me how I behave will determine what I come back as? Was a frog living today who ate mosquito's now a snake that eats frogs?

Completely nonsensical scientifically but deep phylisopically.

I do not remember my past lives but it is my understanding that we have a soul body that contains all the memories of past lives. It is commonly called the causal body and it is formless and infinitely expandable so that it can contain limitless memories in perfect detail. When we complete our cycle of incarnations we will remember all our past lives.
I once asked a spirit guide if animals evolved to become human and she said no. Animals are evolving to perfection in their own right, and we do not incarnate as animals as that would be pointless regression. Spiritual evolution goes on, ever upward toward perfection and the physical form evolves to match the needs of the spirit.

How come your way hasn't caught on? Instead humans are more attracted to the Jesus Mo or Jo stories.

God is not a she. But I agree that God is far greater than the stories told about Him. He is too great to put into words! Did you watch that video yet? Please watch it. It's got important information, Joe!

Have you watched the Cosmos yet? Because the universe is too big to put into words. And it is arrogant wishful thinking to believe in this universe and in our very brief time on this planet that we are special. Wishful thinking. The more we learn the more we realize just how insignificant we really are. Trilobite's and dinosaurs were on this planet for millions of years before us and we've only been around for hundreds of thousands of years. God doesn't give with reality. If were going to evolve and improve we need to grow up.

In my philosophy it is the immortal spirit that evolves, and the body follows on. The dinosaurs did not die out, they evolved into birds.

What was your former life like? If you don't remember then what does it matter? Are you going to tell me how I behave will determine what I come back as? Was a frog living today who ate mosquito's now a snake that eats frogs?

I do not remember my past lives but it is my understanding that we have a soul body that contains all the memories of past lives. It is commonly called the causal body and it is formless and infinitely expandable so that it can contain limitless memories in perfect detail. When we complete our cycle of incarnations we will remember all our past lives.
I once asked a spirit guide if animals evolved to become human and she said no. Animals are evolving to perfection in their own right, and we do not incarnate as animals as that would be pointless regression. Spiritual evolution goes on, ever upward toward perfection and the physical form evolves to match the needs of the spirit.

How come your way hasn't caught on? Instead humans are more attracted to the Jesus Mo or Jo stories.

It has caught on, there are around four hundred spiritualist churches in England. Give us another thousand years and we will outnumber churches and mosques. Spiritualism as a religion has only been around for a couple of hundred years. Before that mediums were burnt at the stake.

Easier to understand. Try printing what Dajjal posted in a Jack Chick tract and leaving it in the men's room.

Right.

I'm just curious in what you think is different from you when you die and a blade of grass other than the blades of grass don't weep when their neighbors get mowed down. We are just aware. Is a whale? Crow? Trees? Same thing happens to all life when it dies. Were just aware.

I'm just curious in what you think is different from you when you die and a blade of grass other than the blades of grass don't weep when their neighbors get mowed down. We are just aware. Is a whale? Crow? Trees? Same thing happens to all life when it dies. Were just aware.

Grass isn't dying when you mow it any more than we do getting a haircut. :)

As to the actual intent (which I got,) is there any fundamental difference, or superiority between living organism by virtue of species? No. All life has just as much right to exist as any other. Unfortunately for practical reasons we can't afford that right to every animal. We'd be unable to function since no one would wanna build a house, or pave a road for fear of killing something living in the soil.

Interestingly though, a natural undeveloped lot across from our apartments is in its original foresty form. A supermarket wants to build itself there but is blocked as a bee hive is in the trees. Because we finally understand how if bees go extinct so will we, we're blocking the development of that land. Alas, they're saying if they can relocate the hive without negatively affecting the bees they'll allow it. But it kinda goes to how everything is afforded some rights once in a great while. Much as I'd like a supermarket within walking distance, I like the natural state eyecandy more. :)

It has caught on, there are around four hundred spiritualist churches in England. Give us another thousand years and we will outnumber churches and mosques. Spiritualism as a religion has only been around for a couple of hundred years. Before that mediums were burnt at the stake.

In the cosmos they tell how any thinking outside of the official teachings of the church would get you killed. You'd be tried for heresy for what you're saying. I like most of it. Makes more sense than burning Bushs arcs talking snakes and miracles that happened in antiquity. No wonder the church hates science.

Easier to understand. Try printing what Dajjal posted in a Jack Chick tract and leaving it in the men's room.

Right.

I say even religion is evolving. We just took a huge ignorant step backward when we started believing god actually visited us.

That's the beauty of God NOT picking a religion - He/She/It can be anything that we need Her/Him/It to be for us as individuals.

Possibilities!! :beer:

In other words you've dreamt up a God who lies to those who seek knowledge, wisdom, and truth.

I'd rather believe Him as He is.

No other words necessary, Brother - the point being we all have EXACTLY the same proof of The Divine and EXACTLY the same proof of absent Divinity.

Every story and every god has EXACTLY the same statistical odds of being The Story of THE God.

Since God Him/Her/It Self hasn't bothered to highlight one story or set of stories over any of the others, we should ALL be free to choose and re-choose what stories make the most sense to us as individual beings experiencing an independent moment on The Timeline.

Freedom of Religion, if I may be so bold.

:beer: Possibilities!
FREEDOM!! :beer:

That's the beauty of God NOT picking a religion - He/She/It can be anything that we need Her/Him/It to be for us as individuals.

Possibilities!! :beer:

In other words you've dreamt up a God who lies to those who seek knowledge, wisdom, and truth.

I'd rather believe Him as He is.

No other words necessary, Brother - the point being we all have EXACTLY the same proof of The Divine and EXACTLY the same proof of absent Divinity.

Every story and every god has EXACTLY the same statistical odds of being The Story of THE God.

Since God Him/Her/It Self hasn't bothered to highlight one story or set of stories over any of the others, we should ALL be free to choose and re-choose what stories make the most sense to us as individual beings experiencing an independent moment on The Timeline.

Freedom of Religion, if I may be so bold.

:beer: Possibilities!
FREEDOM!! :beer:

Don't forget freedom FROM religion too.

If a god actually existed, nothing a creation of its could say will offend it any more than a star he also made goes supernova vaporizing the solar system he also made would. :) If your deities are so petty and petulant something I say offends them, they're not deserving of being called a god in the first place.
It's a good point. The Bible says God is not mocked, the real God, that is, my God. The fake allah god of the Muslims gets deeply offended and commands his followers to kill anyone who mocks him or his pedophile prophet. A weak god indeed, I agree.

:rolleyes:
I suppose that if ANY god in human history had ample opportunity to smite Monkeys defending Himself against intentional Monkey mockery it would be The God of Abraham, as defined in The Torah, The New Testament and The Koran.

The fact is that the competing interpretations of The Koran, and the many sects vying for followers who worship The New Testament, are essentially two competing pathways for mere gentiles to get right with The God of The Ancient Jews in preparation for the "after-life".

Somehow makes all the bloodshed worth it, eh?

:smoke:

What if it doesn't matter? :eusa_eh:

The further back on The Timeline a life was lived, the more likely that life would experience cruelty, if not as victim, perpetrator :eusa_think:

What if every Monkey still gets a pass because Monkeys are living proof that Evolution hurts, but birthing a truly Sentient World is worth the pain?

What if we're still close to the jungle to be bloody us, but close enough to Sentience to get a free ticket?

What if you do see Adolph Hitler playing Scrabble with Joseph Stalin shortly after you finally "step in to the light"? :eek-52:

Ya gonna bitch? :dunno: WYGD?

`

If a god actually existed, nothing a creation of its could say will offend it any more than a star he also made goes supernova vaporizing the solar system he also made would. :) If your deities are so petty and petulant something I say offends them, they're not deserving of being called a god in the first place.
It's a good point. The Bible says God is not mocked, the real God, that is, my God. The fake allah god of the Muslims gets deeply offended and commands his followers to kill anyone who mocks him or his pedophile prophet. A weak god indeed, I agree.

:rolleyes:
I suppose that if ANY god in human history had ample opportunity to smite Monkeys defending Himself against intentional Monkey mockery it would be The God of Abraham, as defined in The Torah, The New Testament and The Koran.

The fact is that the competing interpretations of The Koran, and the many sects vying for followers who worship The New Testament, are essentially two competing pathways for mere gentiles to get right with The God of The Ancient Jews in preparation for the "after-life".

Somehow makes all the bloodshed worth it, eh?

:smoke:

There were 996 religions between our ape ancestors and the Abraham religions

I think pretty well all the spiritual teachers I have encountered would agree with you on that.

Huh :eusa_eh:

Many of the spiritual teachers I've encountered are hell-bent on making folks forget what life in the here and now costs while they store up treasures in Heaven...

:dunno: But I watch a LOT of t.v.​

There were 996 religions between our ape ancestors and the Abraham religions

I'll bet you $1.00 (US funds) that there were more ;)

Ass-u-me-ing of course 'religion' means group consideration was given to the unanswerable questions of origins and after-life. :thup:

Forum List

Back