Stop Antisemitism

Last week, junior at Northwestern University Lily Cohen wrote an op-ed for the campus newspaper the Daily Northwestern about her pride at being Jewish in the face of antisemitism. It took up a full page in the print edition, with the headline "I am more proud of my Jewish identity than anyone can ever hate me for it."

She described how the slogan "From the river to the sea, Palestine will be free" is a hateful attack on Jews that hurts her personally:

ā€œFrom the River to the Seaā€ is a slogan used by Hamas ā€” a terrorist organization ā€” as a rallying cry to destroy the entire State of Israel and all of its Jewish inhabitants. The phrase originated more than 30 years ago, evolving from language in the 1988 Hamas charter that promoted the destruction of Jews, echoing Adolf Hitlerā€™s messaging on the merits of the Protocols of the Elders of Zion.

This is where I draw the line.

When that slogan is plastered around the walls of buildings where I study, when itā€™s hung across The Arch that I walk under every day, when itā€™s painted over The Rock that I helped paint only five hours earlier ā€” in support of voting for gun safety and reproductive rights ā€” I take offense. I feel hurt. I get angry.

Spewing hate will never end in peace, and tearing down other causes is not a constructive way to promote your own.

When similar situations have taken place on campus in the past, Iā€™ve remained silent, writing down how offended, hurt and angry I am, leaving it in the safety of my Google Drive. But, nothing ever changes, so Iā€™m done staying silent. Iā€™m done being blamed for the actions of the Israeli government. Iā€™m done being told Iā€™m undeserving of a safe, secure Jewish homeland.

I will still go on Birthright. I will still attend Hillel services. I will still don my Hebrew necklace. I will not relinquish my pride in my Jewish identity just because someone doesnā€™t like all that my identity entails.
In response, antisemitic students decided to directly attack her pain.
They took 42 print copies of her print column and used them as a background to a large poster saying the very words that she said hurt her.

The amount of time and effort it took to make this sign and aim it directly at Lily Cohen shows, with no doubt, that this was an act intended to hurt her and to tell the campus that Cohen's feelings and opinions are to be utterly disregarded and ridiculed.
This is not microaggression. This is aggression against a specific student.
Let's see if Northwestern takes this at all seriously.

The flyers typically mention the Goyim Defense League or GoyimTV, a white supremacist group that has been in the forefront of the wave of flyers as well as offensive signs on overpasses.

The formula for the flyers is fairly consistent. They claim that "every single aspect of X is Jewish," where X can be gun control, abortion, the "Covid agenda," the media, "Disney child grooming," the Biden administration, the Ukraine Russian war, and on and on. The intent is to incite white conservatives against Jews.

But lately they have added another component to this message .

The Atlanta story showed this example of the hate flyer, saying "Every single aspect of Black censorship is Jewish."

(full article online)

The flyers typically mention the Goyim Defense League or GoyimTV, a white supremacist group that has been in the forefront of the wave of flyers as well as offensive signs on overpasses.

The formula for the flyers is fairly consistent. They claim that "every single aspect of X is Jewish," where X can be gun control, abortion, the "Covid agenda," the media, "Disney child grooming," the Biden administration, the Ukraine Russian war, and on and on. The intent is to incite white conservatives against Jews.

But lately they have added another component to this message .

The Atlanta story showed this example of the hate flyer, saying "Every single aspect of Black censorship is Jewish."

(full article online)

nothing new----I IS OLD----(uhm ---well passed 70) I read the things you call "flyers" way back (I picked up "reading" real YOUNG)----way back in the 1950's--in my very very very WASP suburban town. The
town was saturated with the crap. We got a few people on this board who use the "lingo" I can
recognize from the stuff I was reading well before
I reached the age of ten.

"Kanye was rite" yup--islamo-nazis tend to be
illiterate. The flyers that saturated my lily white
wasp town were SO IDIOTIC. They preceded
the founding of MAD MAGAZINE----so when that
publication came out----I thought--"it must be
similar idiots" I was still a child then.

Antisemitism rising:

The Squad is powerful within the Democratic Party:

A recent leader of the Labour Party:

Last edited:
And letā€™s not forget Kanye West, one of the worldā€™s most influential celebrities:

Last edited:
Why is antisemitism on the rise?

I can think of a number of possibilities:

Zelensky is crazy:

Schumer represents the banks not the people:

Last edited:
We can solve the problem of antisemitism!

Jews should pursue equity. As a start they should eagerly donate their homes, cars, savings, wives (where appropriate) to the nearest POC.

Every academic, every celebrity, every Democratic politician, every newsperson, every lawyer and banker must be a person of color. All Jewish people who hold these jobs should jump off the nearest bridge while apologizing with the proper enthusiasm.

Israelis should immediately give their land to Arabs and Africans.

Places like Manhattan, Cambridge MA, Beverly Hills, San Francisco should be transferred to POC. These areas will form the nucleus of two new free independent republics: Aztlan on the West coast and New Africa in the Northeast.

Anyone who disagrees is a racist.

Last edited:
Tons of confusion, because nothing is defined:
antisemite is not defined; semite is not defined; Jew is not defined; holocaust is not defined; USA's vicious war on Germany is not defined.
Let's start with "Jew". There was no such word before about 500 years ago. There wasn't even a letter J. There was no Jesus either. Jesus is pronounced Geesus, which in the source language, Greek, means seducing pig.
Have fun, proving to each other how deluded you are.
dCZwaWQ9QXBp

Last edited:
Hollywood and academia are hotbeds of racism.

Superheroes are racist and must be canceled.

Disagree? You are a racist.

My only goal is to end antisemitism. I think if wealthy Jews released the Left from their sinister clutches and stopped discriminating against POC then antisemitism would vanish.

Last edited:
German police have launched an investigation after four bullets were fired on Thursday night at the Old Synagogue in the western city of Essen. No-one was injured in the incident.

A spokesperson for the Interior Ministry in the German state of North Rhine-Westphalia told the Judische Allgemeine newspaper that the four shots were fired at the building at 11.40 pm on Thursday night. According to local police, CCTV images of the area around the synagogue show a man in the vicinity, but the quality of the recordings is reportedly too poor to identify him.

(full article online)

ā€œFrom our perspective, we see the Jewish community getting it from all sides,ā€ FBI Director Christopher Wray told the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee on Thursday in a hearing on threats to the homeland. ā€œNot only have they long been a target of foreign terrorist organizationsā€¦but then, in addition to that, theyā€™re of course the target of domestic violent extremists.ā€

Speaking of antisemitic extremism in response to a question from Senator Jacky Rosen (D-NV), Wray noted that 63% of all religiously motivated violent extremism incidents in the United States were motivated by antisemitism, against a Jewish population that totals only 2.4% of the American public.

Both Director Wray and Secretary of Homeland Security Alejandro Mayorkas, who was also testifying at the hearing, said they would support a national strategy to combat antisemitism.

Wray added that while the statistics on rising antisemitic incidents are ā€œstark,ā€ the increases are partly the result of improved reporting, even as under-reporting remains a problem. ā€œFrankly, the Jewish community has been ahead of other communities that are victims in reporting historically. So we have been trying to preach the importance of reporting and we have seen reporting coming up,ā€ he said.

In 2020, the most recent year in which data is publicly available, the FBI recorded 676 religious bias crimes targeting Jews, accounting for 55% of all religious bias crimes. The total number of reported hate crimes that year increased by 9% from 2019, making 2020 the worst year for bias incidents since 2008. The Anti-Defamation Leagueā€™s Audit of Antisemitic Incidents 2021, published in March, recorded 2,717 antisemitic incidents throughout the United States in that year, a 34% increase from 2020 and the highest number of such incidents that the ADL has recorded since it began tracking them in 1979.

(full article online)

The BBC has broadcast folksongs that glorify attacks on Jews and call for bloodshed, the JC can reveal.

One of the songs, aired on its Arabic language service ā€” which has 36 million viewers ā€” is addressed to Palestinian militants.

Translated by Media Watchdog Camera Arabic, the song says: ā€œThe force in your hand is your right. Donā€™t leave your weapon in its sheathā€¦ From the Jerusalem mountains and from the plain, your blood, should it be shed on the earth, would make red freedom bloom.ā€

A BBC presenter can be seen in the studio, nodding and filming the bloodthirsty performance on his phone, which was aired on the BBC Xtra series to mark ā€œNakba Dayā€ in May.

In an interview before the rendition, musician Ashraf Sholi made it clear that his song was intended to energise the ā€œresistanceā€ movement, undermining those who ā€œlean towards a blind peaceā€ or ā€œanyone who normalises [with Israel].ā€

The smiling BBC presenter made no serious attempt to challenge Mr Sholiā€™s statements.

Another song, which tells the story of a militant knocking on his motherā€™s door before he launches an attack, was broadcast in October on an Arabic version of Loose Women called Dunyana, or ā€œOur Worldā€.

The guest presenter, Mira Sidawi, who sang the song as guests clapped along, was billed as being from ā€œPalestineā€, a highly politicised move that contravenes BBC guidelines, as there is no such state.

In January, Ms Sidawi had presented a segment on Middle Eastern cooking in which she claimed that Israel had no cuisine or culture apart from what it ā€œtakes from the original peoplesā€.

The governmentā€™s former anti-terror czar, Lord Carlile, said the material was likely to ā€œgive succour and encouragement to extremistsā€, raising further concerns about the role of BBC Arabic in fomenting unrest across the Middle East.

Neither of the songs or the statements, all of which appeared to openly contravene the publicly-funded broadcasterā€™s guidelines on impartiality and accuracy, were challenged on air.

After being contacted by the JC, the BBC removed the offending episodes from its social media accounts, though despite ongoing conversations, the corporation has not admitted that guidelines were breached.

It comes after Ofcom slammed the BBC culture of ā€œdefensivenessā€ as it ruled last week that the corporation had ā€œfailed to observe its editorial guidelines on due impartiality and due accuracyā€ in its notorious Oxford Street Chanukah coverage.

A JC petition demanding a parliamentary inquiry into the corporationā€™s coverage of Jews and Israel passed 9,000 signatures this week. It can be signed and shared by visiting theJC.com/BBCPetition.

The controversial BBC Arabic broadcasts that glorified violence were aired in this year between January and October.

The most striking example was aired in May to mark the ā€œNakbaā€, or ā€œtragedyā€ of the foundation of the state of Israel. Watched by a presenter on BBC Xtra, Palestinian oud player Mr Sholi was invited to perform a folksong that addressed Palestinian militants.

Speaking to the presenter, he laid out his aims in singing a song promoting violence. ā€œThere are youths who work on aspects that are love-specific, that are land-specific, but on the matter of resistance and focusing on the resistanceā€¦ there are people who try to make it forgotten,ā€ he said.

When the presenter asked who those people were, Mr Sholi replied: ā€œAnyone who leans towards a blind peace, for example. Anyone who ā€” the normalisers [with Israel], of course.

The Arab normalisation which happened recently is a saddening, unfortunate thing. These are among the things that make us forget.ā€

The presenter then pointed out: ā€œSome people, Ashraf, say this conflict will end once there will be peace between the two states.ā€

The musician replied that peace would only be achieved when there was ā€œa Palestinian state which consists of allā€, with no ā€œZionist state which builds its state on a religious basisā€.

He was then invited to perform the song. ā€œWho else, other than you, would stop the arrogance of the oppressor of my countryā€™s land, and stand against him?ā€ he sang.

(full article online)

An article by the Guardianā€™s Harriet Sherwood (ā€œCancellation of award for playwright Caryl Churchill condemnedā€, Nov. 17) legitimised characterisations of the antisemitic play ā€œSeven Jewish Childrenā€œ, first performed at Londonā€™s Royal Court Theatre in 2009, as merely pro-Palestinian.

The article begins:
--------------
As the CST noted, ā€œThe Guardian [in 2009] published a positive review of the play by Susannah Clapp, two by Michael Billington and even produced its own video version of the play which is still available to view on the Guardian website.ā€

Screenshot-2022-11-17-5.48.15-PM-1.png

But, despite Sherwoodā€™s framing, it wasnā€™t only the Jewish Chronicle that called it antisemitic.

Mark Gardner and Dave Rich of the CST not only argued it was antisemitic by ā€œslander[ing] Jews as being psychologically compelled to become the new Nazisā€, but that it evoked the ancient blood-libel. The blood libel characterisation of the play was echoed by both Anthony Julius (the famed barrister and author of Trials of the Disapora: A History of Anti-Semitism in England) and the late antisemitism scholar Robert S. Wistrich.

Award-winning British author Howard Jacobson similarly found in the play echoes of the ancient accusation that Jews have a particular bloodlust for the murder of non-Jewish children, writing the following in an op-ed at the Independent:

Thus lie follows lie, omission follows omission, until, in the tenth and final minute, we have a stage populated by monsters who kill babies by design ā€“ ā€œTell her we killed the babies by mistake,ā€ one says, meaning donā€™t tell her what we really did ā€“ who laugh when they see a dead Palestinian policeman (ā€œTell her theyā€™re animalsā€¦ Tell her I wouldnā€™t care if we wiped them outā€), who consider themselves the ā€œchosen peopleā€, and who admit to feeling happy when they see Palestinian ā€œchildren covered in bloodā€.
ā€œAnti-Semiticā€?, Jacobson asks rhetorically. No, he answers, ā€œjust criticism of Israelā€.

Forum List

Back