Stop and Frisk

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
There are communities that experience a lot of crime like drive by shootings or muggings. One group of residents demands something be done so stop and frisk becomes a policy. Liberty City is one example. London had the same thing happen. Then other groups come forward and say that this is discriminatory; however, they do not seek a solution. They end one and then leave.

Is there are a solution?

There might not be a solution.

Stop and Frisk is a blatant violation of the 4th amendment so it is not a solution at all

There are communities that experience a lot of crime like drive by shootings or muggings. One group of residents demands something be done so stop and frisk becomes a policy. Liberty City is one example. London had the same thing happen. Then other groups come forward and say that this is discriminatory; however, they do not seek a solution. They end one and then leave.

Is there are a solution?
Yes.

But no one wants to hear it.

Is there are a solution?
Yes.

But no one wants to hear it.

Try me.

Stop and Frisk is a blatant violation of the 4th amendment so it is not a solution at all

Then find one. One of the interesting parts of this conversation is that a group of people within the community asked for it. This is usually left out. So, what then is the solution?

Then find one. One of the interesting parts of this conversation is that a group of people within the community asked for it. This is usually left out. So, what then is the solution?

So if some people in the community said it was all right for the cops to barge into your home whenever the mood struck them you'd be OK with that?

If there is not a solution that does not violate anyone's rights then there is no solution.

ALL searches must arise from probable cause. Stop and frisk does not meet that requirement.

So if some people in the community said it was all right for the cops to barge into your home whenever the mood struck them you'd be OK with that?

If there is not a solution that does not violate anyone's rights then there is no solution.

ALL searches must arise from probable cause. Stop and frisk does not meet that requirement.
I don't think that you understand what I am asking for here.

I am aware that it violates the fourth amendment. I'm not asking you to make it not violate the fourth amendment. I'm asking for another solution that doesn't violate the fourth amendment.

This section of the community steps forward and is desperate for a solution. Any solution.

This section of the community steps forward and ends the proposed solution but offers nothing in it's place.

Are you telling me that there are no other viable alternatives to addressing the problem?

You have no ideas on how to solve the problem?

I don't think that you understand what I am asking for here.

I am aware that it violates the fourth amendment. I'm not asking you to make it not violate the fourth amendment. I'm asking for another solution that doesn't violate the fourth amendment.

This section of the community steps forward and is desperate for a solution. Any solution.

This section of the community steps forward and ends the proposed solution but offers nothing in it's place.

Are you telling me that there are no other viable alternatives to addressing the problem?

You have no ideas on how to solve the problem?
The only thing I can think of is community watch and a higher police presence.

I'd also say that having the law abiding people arm themselves might be a advised as well

Is there are a solution?

My solution's always been do whatever works regardless of whether it's popular or politic.

Forum List

Back