Stevie Wonder: Can't Say 'Black Lives Matter' When Blacks Are Killing Blacks

Wow, that's really irritating.

I hate when TPTB censor shit. I wonder what he said at the end of that clip.

I'm guessing it was a plug for responsible gun control that they censored.

So who e lected Stevie Wonder to be the spokesman for black people? If he is too uninformed know the difference between cops getting. away with killing unarmed black men under the color of authority and blacks killing blacks who are subsequently arrested, tried and sent to prison for their crimes ...stevie ought to just STFU. He doesn't deserve to represent anybody but himself.

So who voted to elect Stevie Wonder to be a spokesman for the black community?
I know Stevie meant well, but his statement is off the Mark.Surely Mr. Wonder is aware of the fact that black killers are usually charged, prosecuted, imprisoned or executed for murders they commit. OTOH killer cops killing unarmed or hapless people under color of authority are rarely even prosecuted at all. And when cops are prosecuted hand picked juries undermine the process and set them free. Black Lives Matter is taking notice of that distinction. Again, black killers are usually punished to the fullest extent of the law thereby satisfying a sense of justice in the black community. BLM has no application there.OTOH when we've seen video after video of cops killing unarmed black men in rapid succession with apparent disdain and impunity the focus of the BLM MOVEMENT becomes crystal clear.

Last edited:

So who e lected Stevie Wonder to be the spokesman for black people? If he is too uninformed know the difference between cops getting. away with killing unarmed black men under the color of authority and blacks killing blacks who are subsequently arrested, tried and sent to prison for their crimes ...stevie ought to just STFU. He doesn't deserve to represent anybody but himself.

I hope you dont represent liberals because if you do, its a pretty damning representation. The thing I took away from that speech was Mr W. said if blacks want to show black lives matter then they should show that by learning to love each other first. Seems to me that proposing that sort of challenge to the listeners is a GOOD thing regardless of what you think about cops. Maybe Mr W. has some life experience you are not aware of? It seems to be the typical liberal response these days to tell people to STFU when they hear a viewpoint they dont agree with.
So he said something unpopular with you but if that sort of message was more mainstream, it would probably save a few lives. Everybody gets a chance to say what they have to say. there aint no STFU around here, unless you would like to apply that to yourself.

I hope you dont represent liberals because if you do, its a pretty damning representation. The thing I took away from that speech was Mr W. said if blacks want to show black lives matter then they should show that by learning to love each other first. Seems to me that proposing that sort of challenge to the listeners is a GOOD thing regardless of what you think about cops. Maybe Mr W. has some life experience you are not aware of? It seems to be the typical liberal response these days to tell people to STFU when they hear a viewpoint they dont agree with.
So he said something unpopular with you but if that sort of message was more mainstream, it would probably save a few lives. Everybody gets a chance to say what they have to say. there aint no STFU around here, unless you would like to apply that to yourself.
I don't represent liberals because I'm not one.
Why do you RW nuts always think that just because someone disagrees with you, they are liberal?
But you didn't stop there, did you? You went on to lecture me on the content of Stevie's monologue as if it has some relevance to reality. It does not. Sure, pitching love for everybody is a good thing no matter who says it. But Stevie seems to have misjudged the black community's capacity for love based on what he hears in the media. Perhaps mr. Wonder's celebrity status has precluded him from being in touch with the majority of blacks who go to church, go to work and love each other. That's what happens when blacks get rich and isolated.
The media frequently causes them to devalue their own against the backdrop of white perspective.

Why do you RW nuts always think that just because someone disagrees with you, they are liberal?
But you didn't stop there, did you? You went on to lecture me on the content of Stevie's monologue as if it has some relevance to reality. It does not. Sure, pitching love for everybody is a good thing no matter who says it. But Stevie seems to have misjudged the black community's capacity for love based on what he hears in the media. Perhaps mr. Wonder's celebrity status has precluded him from being in touch with the majority of blacks who go to church, go to work and love each other. That's what happens when blacks get rich and isolated.
The media frequently causes them to devalue their own against the backdrop of white perspective.

Agreed. And I cannot help but to think that lurking somewhere in the tendency of SOME here to try to lecture others from.a political standpoint is a paternalistic, "listen to me boy" attitude,
which is both offensive and disingenuois.

This is not even a subject matter that started out by being political, but was turned into one over a thinly veiled disdain towards BLM, not any genuine concern over lives being lost.

Last edited:
While addressing “gun violence” at a North Minneapolis Conference on Peace, musician Stevie Wonder said it is contradictory to say, “Black Lives Matter” while black-on-black crime rages out of control.
According to Billboard magazine, Wonder said, “It is in your hands to do it. It is in your hands to stop all the killing and all the shooting wherever you might be. Because you cannot say, ‘Black lives matter,’ and then kill yourselves.”

Excellent.

While addressing “gun violence” at a North Minneapolis Conference on Peace, musician Stevie Wonder said it is contradictory to say, “Black Lives Matter” while black-on-black crime rages out of control.
According to Billboard magazine, Wonder said, “It is in your hands to do it. It is in your hands to stop all the killing and all the shooting wherever you might be. Because you cannot say, ‘Black lives matter,’ and then kill yourselves.”

Excellent.
No it is not excellent. Most black people do not kill each other. The white justice system has taken a relatively few homicides committed by blacks each year and focused public attention on that! Proportional race based criminal statistics have intentionally been compiled and published to exploit the deeds of a relatively few criminal elements. For example: The public perception that an epidemic of murder is taking place in the black community is false. Several thousand homicides a year out of a population of 46+ million doesn't qualify as an epidemic.

I know Stevie meant well, but his statement is off the Mark.Surely Mr. Wonder is aware of the fact that black killers are usually charged, prosecuted, imprisoned or executed for murders they commit. OTOH killer cops killing unarmed or hapless people under color of authority are rarely even prosecuted at all. And when cops are prosecuted hand picked juries undermine the process and set them free. Black Lives Matter is taking notice of that distinction. Again, black killers are usually punished to the fullest extent of the law thereby satisfying a sense of justice in the black community. BLM has no application there.OTOH when we've seen video after video of cops killing unarmed black men in rapid succession with apparent disdain and impunity the focus of the BLM MOVEMENT becomes crystal clear.

You're correct. He has zero right to speak his mind. Any views that dissent from the left must be silenced!!!

yvlpFN_web.jpg

You're correct. He has zero right to speak his mind. Any views that dissent from the left must be silenced!!!

Im in the middle. That's neither right nor left. Furthermore, I'm too tall for you to try to put words in my mouth. I'm too far above you.

Considering half of convicted murderers in Prison are African American, and most of their victims are also black, I'd say Stevie is not all that disconnected. What he said is pretty much true for all people not just black people. Sure you can't give a speech like that and magically change things, but there's still nothing wrong with that message deserving a STFU. Obviously Stevie Wonder was not directing his message at the healthy Black community, but the part that is sick. It's not me lecturing, I didnt write the speech but I agree with a lot of what he's had to say. Blacks are not the only segment of society that has social disease, so do whites, so do all people.
But go on ahead thinking that the problem is just the police, really great thinking there.

Considering half of convicted murderers in Prison are African American, and most of their victims are also black, I'd say Stevie is not all that disconnected. What he said is pretty much true for all people not just black people. Sure you can't give a speech like that and magically change things, but there's still nothing wrong with that message deserving a STFU. Obviously Stevie Wonder was not directing his message at the healthy Black community, but the part that is sick. It's not me lecturing, I didnt write the speech but I agree with a lot of what he's had to say. Blacks are not the only segment of society that has social disease, so do whites, so do all people.
But go on ahead thinking that the problem is just the police, really great thinking there.
Some of the problem is the police and the justice system that doesnt hold them accountable for the murders they commit.
All it takes is one fucking racist juror like Shootspeedrs, Tank or Iceweasle to disrupt an airtight conviction of a killer cop by a jury that would otherwise convict a black civilian with the same evidence.

The problem here is that Stevie has genuine concern for the violence in the black community while these assholes making comments do not. .Let us apply the same criticism to the phrase all lives matter. Well all lives can't matter to when approximately 90 percent of all murders by whites is done by another white person and the crime rate is twice as high in the white community. That's according to the DOJ, not some blind singer..

Forum List

Back