Steve King tweets racist cartoon

Rep. Steve King (R-IA) tweeted a cartoon on Monday that depicted President Obama wearing a turban while speaking about the Crusades at the National Prayer Breakfast last week.

"When you say our country must never forget, are you referring to 9-11?" a speech bubble in the cartoon asked.

"No. The Crusades," Obama answered.

The cartoon showed Obama in similar garb as a photo of him during a visit to Kenya that was circulated during his run for president against former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton in 2008.

Sickening that bigots still get elected to our highest offices.

LINK

Sickening that Obama ever was elected to the presidency.
I bet that made you sick. Too bad so sad. :laugh:

Is it even legal to mock Obama?
So are your Leftist attacks on Sarah Palin, racist or just bigoted?
Laughing at Palin is not an attack nor is it bigoted or racist.
It's infantile.
While kids do indeed tend to find humor in things so do lots of adults. Thats why we have comedians. Laughing a Palin is good for the soul.
We say the same about Hillary!

No we don't.

What we say about her is -

Congratulations, Madame President.

And we will say it TWICE!!

:funnyface:
Like I said bring that old hag, and all her baggage. Run her and more than likely we will be saying president Bush.

Is it even legal to mock Obama?
So are your Leftist attacks on Sarah Palin, racist or just bigoted?
Laughing at Palin is not an attack nor is it bigoted or racist.
It's infantile.
While kids do indeed tend to find humor in things so do lots of adults. Thats why we have comedians. Laughing a Palin is good for the soul.
We say the same about Hillary!
The difference obviously is that Palin is a SNL joke waiting to happen where as Hillary is viable presidential material.
You keep thinking that, all we will need is to plaster this everywhere we can.
img80.jpg

Rep. Steve King (R-IA) tweeted a cartoon on Monday that depicted President Obama wearing a turban while speaking about the Crusades at the National Prayer Breakfast last week.

"When you say our country must never forget, are you referring to 9-11?" a speech bubble in the cartoon asked.

The cartoon showed Obama in similar garb as a photo of him during a visit to Kenya that was circulated during his run for president against former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton in 2008.

LINK

Sucks when people remind you about your own faith's sins and shortcomings huh. Makes it hard to condemn another faith for their's when your own's comes up during conversation.

LINK

Sucks when people remind you about your own faith's sins and shortcomings huh. Makes it hard to condemn another faith for their's when your own's comes up during conversation.

Obama serves as a constant reminder of our shortcomings

LINK

Get the leaders we deserve. Garbage in, garbage out. Until we value leadership and wisdom and intellect more than pie-in-the-sky promises and pretty faces, crappy leaders is what we'll get.

LINK
images

How is the cartoon bigoted when it's based on fact?

Obama has worn a turban, Obama did attempt to compare the crusades to the terrorism perpetrated my Muslims.

You liberals area stupid bunch.

LINK

You need to read a history book about the crusades before you look even more ignorant.

I would say it's bigoted, not racist.

But dear Lord, if they carcaraturize his face any more than they have, no one will even know it's Obama.

Besides, it's Steve King. Do you expect him to do something sane?

Yeah, that hasn't happened to any other president's, ever.

george_bush_463485.jpg

When everything is considered bigoted/racist, nothing is bigoted/racist.

As to the OP, weren't we all just saying a few weeks ago how drawing cartoons is protected free speech or should be?

Is Kings' cartoon racist? So what if it is, it's protected speech. Can agree or disagree with it as you like, but it was his Constitutional right to share it, the artists' to draw it, and others to popularize it.

Condemning someone for a racist cartoon (of all things) flies right in the face of condemning Muslims for their intolerance over similar cartoons.

I thought it totally appropriate in light of what the man said at the prayer breakfast.

I notice all the Christian apologists only mention the crusades part and not the Jim Crow part.

For some reason they want to pretend that people who professed Christianity never lynched people, or turned dogs and firehoses on peaceful protestors (many of whom also professed Christianity). Because of course the people who vote for people like steve king don't think that Bull Connor did anything wrong

I notice all the Christian apologists only mention the crusades part and not the Jim Crow part.

For some reason they want to pretend that people who professed Christianity never lynched people, or turned dogs and firehoses on peaceful protestors (many of whom also professed Christianity). Because of course the people who vote for people like steve king don't think that Bull Connor did anything wrong

Lynching and the like wasn't done in the name of religion.

You'll have to ask your fellow democrats about the Jim Crow laws since it was their party that come up with it. Though I'm pretty sure religion wasn't a factor there either.

LINK

Get the leaders we deserve. Garbage in, garbage out. Until we value leadership and wisdom and intellect more than pie-in-the-sky promises and pretty faces, crappy leaders is what we'll get.

That's the definition of Obama

You'll have to ask your fellow democrats about the Jim Crow laws since it was their party that come up with it. Though I'm pretty sure religion wasn't a factor there either.

Remind me... what did they put on people's yards? Seems like it was a religious symbol...

Remind me... what did they put on people's yards? Seems like it was a religious symbol...

In Scotland, the fiery cross, known as the Crann Tara, was used as a declaration of war.[citation needed] The sight of it commanded all clan members to rally to the defense of the area. On other occasions, a small burning cross would be carried from town to town. It was used as recently as the War of 1812 to mobilise the Scottish Fencibles and militia settled in Glengarry County, Ontario against the invaders,[1] and in 1820 over 800 fighting men of Clan Grant were gathered, by the passing of the Fiery Cross, to come to the aid of their Clan Lord and his sister in the village of Elgin.[2] The most recent well-known use in Scotland itself was in 1745, during the Jacobite Rising,[3] and it was subsequently described in the novels and poetry of Walter Scott.

A Lot of Southern/Appalachian culture has its root in Northern English/Scottish ancestry.

Ask your fellow klansmen, the democrats. I'm pretty sure it had little to do with Christianity.

In the first era, reconstruction Klans did not burn crosses. The idea was introduced by Thomas Dixon, Jr., in his novel, The Clansman, in 1905. A cross burning is first described in Book IV Chapter 2 "The Fiery Cross" on pages 324–326 of the 1905 edition. It is introduced by one of the characters as "the old Scottish rite of the burning cross. It will send a thrill of inspiration to every clansmen in the hills." It is further elaborated that
In olden times when the Chieftain of our people summoned the clan on an errand of life and death, the Fiery Cross, extinguished in sacrificial blood, was sent by swift courier from village to village. This call was never made in vain, nor will it be to-night in the new world. Here, on this spot made holy ground by the blood of those we hold dearer than life, I raise the ancient symbol of an unconquered race of men—
Cross burning - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Ask your fellow klansmen, the democrats. I'm pretty sure it had little to do with Christianity.

In the first era, reconstruction Klans did not burn crosses. The idea was introduced by Thomas Dixon, Jr., in his novel, The Clansman, in 1905. A cross burning is first described in Book IV Chapter 2 "The Fiery Cross" on pages 324–326 of the 1905 edition. It is introduced by one of the characters as "the old Scottish rite of the burning cross. It will send a thrill of inspiration to every clansmen in the hills." It is further elaborated that
In olden times when the Chieftain of our people summoned the clan on an errand of life and death, the Fiery Cross, extinguished in sacrificial blood, was sent by swift courier from village to village. This call was never made in vain, nor will it be to-night in the new world. Here, on this spot made holy ground by the blood of those we hold dearer than life, I raise the ancient symbol of an unconquered race of men—
Cross burning - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Lol, we went right to the same Wiki article.

I would say it's bigoted, not racist.

But dear Lord, if they carcaraturize his face any more than they have, no one will even know it's Obama.

Besides, it's Steve King. Do you expect him to do something sane?

Yeah, that hasn't happened to any other president's, ever.

george_bush_463485.jpg

When everything is considered bigoted/racist, nothing is bigoted/racist.

That carcariture is also way, way, way overdone. It's silly.

The Obama carcariture is not racist, as I already clearly stated. But the addition of a Turban makes it bigoted, namely, because Obama is not a Muslim.

Comprehension really isn't your thing, eh?

Forum List

Back