Steve Earle

Is our Woodie Guthrie. This is 2-3 weeks old. Song about a 2000 mine disaster. Play.
DO IT

Thanks for the post, Lars. Steve Earle is one of my favorites, I own about 7 or 8 of his CD's and they're all fantastic. The first CD I bought of his music was Copper Head Road, for the title track. I ended up liking the whole CD, and began adding to my collection of his music shortly after that.

That's a good one too. You surprised me when you said "after he got out of prison", as I was unaware he had been in. All I found in Wikipedia was the 1994 thing for possession of Heroin, Cocaine and weapons, where he admitted to the heroin, failed to appear and sentenced to a year, but release after 60 days. Didn't think he had ever been into anything serious. Talented dude, still releasing good stuff. Cool!:cool:

That's a good one too. You surprised me when you said "after he got out of prison", as I was unaware he had been in. All I found in Wikipedia was the 1994 thing for possession of Heroin, Cocaine and weapons, where he admitted to the heroin, failed to appear and sentenced to a year, but release after 60 days. Didn't think he had ever been into anything serious. Talented dude, still releasing good stuff. Cool!:cool:
I spent a night or two over the years. lol. More than enough. He really came into his own after his incarceration and sobriety.

1588829750937.png

His career sometimes was sidetracked by drug and alcohol addictions, as well as by several divorces, and he served nearly a year in prison and rehab following his conviction for narcotics possession. The turmoil of Earle’s personal life is particularly evident in his album The Hard Way (1990)

I volunteered for the Army on my birthday
They draft the white trash first, 'round here anyway

I done two tours of duty in Vietnam
And I came home with a brand new plan
I take the seed from Colombia and Mexico
I just plant it up the holler down Copperhead Road

Forum List

Back