What are some of your favorite albums by female artists?

bluzman61

Diamond Member
Sep 3, 2019
Valparaiso, Indiana USA
There of course have been many, many great albums by female artists over the years in all genres of music. Some of my favorites include - 1) Court and Spark, by Joni Mitchell - Just a fantastic release, this one is my all-time favorite by a female artist. There isn't a wasted note to my ears. It features her fairly big hit, "Help Me", and well as her lesser hit, "Free Man In Paris". Highly recommended. 2) Tapestry, by Carole King - Another fantastic album, there are no wasted notes, to my ears, on this one, as well. This one includes her huge hit, "It's Too Late", as well as "I Feel The Earth Move", and possibly my favorite on the album, "Smackwater Jack". Just a great release and very deserving of being called one of the best albums all-time. 3) Tracey Chapman's self-titled debut, this one is amazing. It contains the songs "Fast Car" and "Talkin' About A Revolution", the standout tracks. But every track on the album sounds wonderful to me. So here a few of my favorites, what are some of yours?

Don't know her Album names as I have lost all her CD's But Allison Krause is the best.
She's a fantastic bluegrass/traditional country music artist. I really like the album she did with Robert Plant, of all people, Raising Sand, which was released around 2007-08. The collaboration seemed to work very well.

Loaded question... "what is your favorite female album"... there are so many... but for mellow, has to be Mandy Barnett... "I've Got A Right To Cry"... here's a cut off that album...

Loaded question... "what is your favorite female album"... there are so many... but for mellow, has to be Mandy Barnett... "I've Got A Right To Cry"... here's a cut off that album...

Well, the question MAY be loaded, but I'm not! I've been clean and sober for over two months now. I'm much more clear-headed and I'm feeling better physically. This is the longest I've been sober in probably close to 30 years and it DOES feel good. So yes, there ARE many, many great albums by female artists, I'm just asking what some of YOURS are.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007

Well, the question MAY be loaded, but I'm not! I've been clean and sober for over two months now. I'm much more clear-headed and I'm feeling better physically. This is the longest I've been sober in probably close to 30 years and it DOES feel good. So yes, there ARE many, many great albums by female artists, I'm just asking what some of YOURS are.

I hear ya brother, and in no way was I implying YOU were loaded.

So OK, here's another fav female... but again, there are SOOO many. The babes just seem to know how to play tunes I like...

This sounds SOOO much better on Amazon Ultra HD streaming, but the album is Silhouette Of Sirens by Chastity Brown...

1588830990526.png

Forum List

Back