States would decide on their own abortion laws. Really?

So a womans rights depends on her address?

Because a corrupt, or unconstitutional state government has rights, but not the woman citizen of that state?

I believe this issue was settled in 1865.

It was? Where in the Constitution does it say that abortion is a right? To my knowledge, abortion, marriage or religion in school is not even mentioned in the Constitution.

Do you think she makes the decision lightly? You call her a killer, not someone forced to make a terrible choice, I'd say that qualifies as dehumanizing your victim.
All you pro-abortion people do is dehumanize the victim. It's the only way you can justify it to yourselves - those of you with a conscience.

Do you think she makes the decision lightly? You call her a killer, not someone forced to make a terrible choice, I'd say that qualifies as dehumanizing your victim.

Some people see the unborn fetus/baby as a dehumanized victim by the Left. Like it's no more than a pimple.

Do you think differently today than when you were 16 years old? I know I have and most people do as well. A girl may choose to have an abortion without thinking much about it. Later on in life when she has a baby she wants and is holding it in her arms, she may be tortured by a decision she made as a kid herself.

Do you think differently today than when you were 16 years old? I know I have and most people do as well. A girl may choose to have an abortion without thinking much about it. Later on in life when she has a baby she wants and is holding it in her arms, she may be tortured by a decision she made as a kid herself.
So it is your concern for how she may feel in the future that makes you want to force a decision on her now. Got it.

You don't seem able to talk about the mother. I wonder why that is?

OK, let's talk about the mother. She's the one that gets pregnant, right? She's the one chose to have unprotected sex and did not use any birth control, for which there are many choices, right? She's the one that didn't require her partner to use a condom, right? She's the one who didn't check to see if she got pregnant and could've taken a morning after pill, right? And here's the kicker:

She's the one who will still be alive after the abortion.

So it is your concern for how she may feel in the future that makes you want to force a decision on her now. Got it.

Who is forcing anything? It's not like pregnancy is an affliction of some sort; a woman is walking down the street and WHAM! She is pregnant. Other girls are so lucky they didn't get hit with this.

Your comment was that a girl doesn't make the decision of abortion lightly. She may have very well made that decision lightly because she thought very differently at the time. She may have thought it was the smartest thing she could have done later on in life, and she may live with guilt the rest of her life. I know I did things when I was younger I regret now.

That 'fringe left' adds up to a majority of the country. Granted it is not evenly distributed but it means Blue states will continue on as before and Red states will have to deal with the horror stories of illegal abortions, disabled and unadoptable children, and the ruined lives of mothers unable to have abortions. Be careful what you wish for.
Gosh, having kids sounds so dangerous. Perhaps it should be outlawed.

OK, let's talk about the mother. She's the one that gets pregnant, right? She's the one chose to have unprotected sex and did not use any birth control, for which there are many choices, right? She's the one that didn't require her partner to use a condom, right? She's the one who didn't check to see if she got pregnant and could've taken a morning after pill, right? And here's the kicker:

She's the one who will still be alive after the abortion.
Your empathy is duly noted and you're right of course, she must be punished.

Your empathy is duly noted and you're right of course, she must be punished.

It's not a question of punishment, that's bullshit. It's a question of the right to live vs the right to end a life that you yourself irresponsibly created. People make mistakes; IMHO they should pay for them rather than passing it off to someone else. Which in this case is an unborn child.

Which should have precedence, the right to live or the right to kill for convenience sake?

And BTW, where's your empathy for the dead unborn baby? Mama gets to move on but the aborted baby doesn't.

Libs have to misidentify their issues because it's the only way their "solutions" makes sense. Witness the position that abortion is a women's health issue.

There is a reason RvW has always been popular. We may find out all over again why that was. Will outlawing abortion end abortion or just end safe abortion?

The high court doesn't rule based on popularity, it rules based on the constitutionally of law. It was never meant to rule on popularity which is why we don't elect supreme court justices via the voting process.

There is this leftist myth going around that if Wade is overturned, all abortions will be illegal. It's an out and out lie. Abortions will still be legal in states that want abortions, but it won't allow a state to be forced to have them if they don't want. Or prohibit their restrictions.

Could an entirely Republican government outlaw abortions nationwide? It's possible, but slightly possible. The Republican party will always have their Romney's, McCain's and Collin's around. They will always have to be concerned about public opinion if they want to get or remain in power.

Libs have to misidentify their issues because it's the only way their "solutions" makes sense. Witness the position that abortion is a women's health issue.
If women want healthcare, there are far, far more places to get it than Planned Parenthood.

PP-map-versus-alternative-clinics.jpg

Will outlawing abortion end abortion or just end safe abortion?

My guess: no and no. First of all, IMHO the SC is not going to outlaw abortion, they're just going to say it ain't in the Constitution. Which leaves that question up to either the US Congress or the states, which I think is where it belongs. If that is the case, abortions will still be legal in some places but maybe not in others. More than likely we'll see abortions by mail, where women can get medications to abort a baby; at the moment I believe the limit for that is about 10 weeks, beyond that it gets a little hairy. Women would have to travel to an abortion state for the procedure or just have the baby.

Interesting to see if the US Congress can do anything about it, but it'll have to be bipartisan and I dunno about how likely that is.

Forum List

Back