State Democrats Borrow GOP Playbook, Score Fast Wins on Guns, Abortion, Lawmakers in Michigan, Minnesota taking advantage of their newly won power

C_Clayton_Jones

Diamond Member
Apr 28, 2011
In a Republic, actually
‘Michigan Democrats are quickly remodelling the state, seizing on the trifecta of control they earned in the 2022 election. They took over the state House, Senate, and governor's office for the first time since 1983, which made it possible to pass a slew of measures on "some of the country's most contentious topics," including abortion, guns, and gay rights on Wednesday, the New York Times reports. While the state Senate repealed an unenforceable abortion ban, the House of Representatives expanded background checks for gun purchases, solidified civil rights protections for LGBTQ people, and repealed a right-to-work law that allowed employees of unionized workplaces to opt out of union dues.’

Very good.

States’ rights, laboratories of democracy, reflecting the will of the people – just as conservatives have advocated for; Republicans are in no position to complain or object.

‘Michigan Democrats are quickly remodelling the state, seizing on the trifecta of control they earned in the 2022 election. They took over the state House, Senate, and governor's office for the first time since 1983, which made it possible to pass a slew of measures on "some of the country's most contentious topics," including abortion, guns, and gay rights on Wednesday, the New York Times reports. While the state Senate repealed an unenforceable abortion ban, the House of Representatives expanded background checks for gun purchases, solidified civil rights protections for LGBTQ people, and repealed a right-to-work law that allowed employees of unionized workplaces to opt out of union dues.’

Very good.

States’ rights, laboratories of democracy, reflecting the will of the people – just as conservatives have advocated for; Republicans are in no position to complain or object.

"Earned".. What a maroon!

I just hope the refugees stay the hell out of my part of the world.
The damage the dems did here in Virginia in the brief time they held total sway will take years to unfuck. Hopefully we can take the Virginia Senate back this coming November.

Dems are a plague that won't stop for shit.....Were it left to me I'd give them all one-way scenic ocean helicopter rides. They are not redeemable.

Very good.

I think this is great. More companies moving from the state or not even considering them means more jobs for the rest of us. Criminals celebrate making it harder on law abiding citizens to own and use firearms. What could be better for the rest of the country?

Very good.

The difference is the GOPs issues are Constitutional.

This is excellent news. I think what's needed is new political playbook that counters MAGA or the Contract with America. We need, dare I say it, Wokeocracy, which may necessitate bold action.

If states are boldly and arbitrarily ignoring the Constitution and basically using it as toilet paper, AND the SCOTUS seems to be doing the same......

and...NO ONE IS DOING A THING ABOUT IT.

I ask you......WHAT CONSTITUTION ???

Last edited:
What you're really longing for is not "wokeocracy"....but IDIOCRACY.

Then again, they're basically one and the same

Demographics favors a shift in political power to the left. It's inevitable. Personally, I'd like to see a redistribution of farming - like an equity in agriculture initiative, which would be used to force sale farms to the descendants of Freedman who were denied the opportunity to own their own farmland (promises of 30 acres and a mule made, but not kept). More whites would then move to diverse urban centers, which would neutralize their ability to utilize gerrymandering and the electoral college. Not to mention the fact that when a people gain ownership of land, they become the lords of that land, and not the serfs!

Demographics favors a shift in political power to the left. It's inevitable. Personally, I'd like to see a redistribution of farming - like an equity in agriculture initiative, which would be used to force sale farms to the descendants of Freedman who were denied the opportunity to own their own farmland (promises of 30 acres and a mule made, but not kept). More whites would then move to diverse urban centers, which would neutralize their ability to utilize gerrymandering and the electoral college. Not to mention the fact that when a people gain ownership of land, they become the lords of that land, and not the serfs!

They tried that in South Africa. Ran all the white farmers away. Everyone starved, then they begged the white farmers to come back.

WHY WAS THAT ????

Very good.

Yeah! Fuck consensus. If your party wins 51%, it's time to make hay. Fuck the minority while the fucking's good. There is no future.

They tried that in South Africa. Ran all the white farmers away. Everyone starved, then they begged the white farmers to come back.

WHY WAS THAT ????

They ran off all white farmers who controlled ALL farming. Everyone knows that Mexicans and Central Americans do the farming in this country. Black farmers could forge an alliance with Hispanic farmers to form an equity coalition. They would probably improve the working conditions, too.

They ran off all white farmers who controlled ALL farming. Everyone knows that Mexicans and Central Americans do the farming in this country. Black farmers could forge an alliance with Hispanic farmers to form an equity coalition. They would probably improve the working conditions, too.

They would fail, like they do everywhere else. Equity is a lie. Equality is what you should be shooting for, equity NEVER works as intended.

Equity kills people. Equality is the only hope for people. Anyone who falls down the rabbit hole of equity deserves every miserable thing that happens to them because they have been warned.

Spoken like a true house servant.

What I am talking about is solidarity among Black and Brown that rebalances bargaining power such that those who have historically actually worked the land, own the land, as opposed to the people who have titles and protection from the historically racist legal system. Change the legal system so that the rebalance is made.

The damage the dems did here in Virginia in the brief time they held total sway will take years to unfuck. Hopefully we can take the Virginia Senate back this coming November.

Dems are a plague that won't stop for shit.....Were it left to me I'd give them all one-way scenic ocean helicopter rides. They are not redeemable.

You Nazi Republicans are the ones who are fucking this country over. The bad news for you is that the Senate maps were updated to reflect the 2020 census. The House elections were run under the old maps.

Forum List

Back