Starting This Week, It’s Harder to Get an Abortion in 5 States

BlueGin

Diamond Member
Jul 10, 2004
Good for them.

Abortion restrictions are popping up everywhere, it seems.

While activists and celebrities protest a bill in Texas, Ohio just enacted legislation of its own.

A thousand miles from Austin, Texas, Republican Ohio Gov. John Kasich signed new restrictions Sunday night as part of a new state budget. Ohio will soon require that women receive ultrasounds before having abortions, and the state will ban public hospitals from having written agreements with abortion clinics to receive women for further care after they have elective abortions.

Those laws won’t take effect for 90 days, according to Kasich’s office.

But new laws, already passed and signed earlier this year, went into effect Monday in Alabama, Indiana, Kansas, Mississippi and South Dakota. Another in Montana, and part of a law in Alabama, would have taken effect but were blocked by federal courts. All were passed by GOP-controlled state legislatures and signed by GOP governors.

Starting This Week, It?s Harder to Get an Abortion in 5 States - ABC News

How's this for a crazy idea.

If you don't like abortion, don't have one.

But otherwise, mind your own business.

I mean, isn't that like a crazy idea?

We have a case here in Toledo, there is a missing toddler. The mother is in jail, they were living in squaller and one day the father comes to get the kids and finds out his youngest has gone missing. Of course it is that mother who did something but perhaps she should never have given birth.

Some people are not meant to be parents, they haven't got a clue. Cons don't want abortion and they don't want contreception. They hate women and obviously the poor little ones that they are forcing them to have.

I'm pro-life and anti-govt. red tape. I don't know if these restrictions are good or bad w/o looking at them. But if abortion is the law, then there should only be common sense regulations; for instance, parents being permitted a time window to be informed of their daughter's pregnancy.

Some people are not meant to be parents, they haven't got a clue. Cons don't want abortion and they don't want contreception. They hate women and obviously the poor little ones that they are forcing them to have.

That's just dishonest and despicable analysis. I hope you aren't as bitter in life as you are on this board.

Zimmerman is on trial for killing Martin.

So how's this for a crazy idea.

Just let him go and mind your own business.

If you're going to ignore killing, then ignore killing for everyone.

I'm pro-life and anti-govt. red tape. I don't know if these restrictions are good or bad w/o looking at them. But if abortion is the law, then there should only be common sense regulations; for instance, parents being permitted a time window to be informed of their daughter's pregnancy.

I don't like that. If some ultra religious parents knew their daughter was wanting an abortion, they'd force her to carry it to term, which I consider child abuse.

And what if the parent was the one who got them pregnant?

What if the parent would beat the daughter senseless for getting pregnant to start with?

These aren't "common sense", they are just cruel.

Zimmerman is on trial for killing Martin.

So how's this for a crazy idea.

Just let him go and mind your own business.

If you're going to ignore killing, then ignore killing for everyone.

Fetuses aren't people.

Not in the law, not in science, not even in the Bible.

I don't like that. If some ultra religious parents knew their daughter was wanting an abortion, they'd force her to carry it to term, which I consider child abuse.

First and foremost, parents have the right to know what is going on in their child's life. I could argue other lesser points, but that's the reality. And any government that says otherwise, needs to fuck off.

What if the parent would beat the daughter senseless for getting pregnant to start with?

Imagine - having to get the permission of your father (who raped you) to see if you can abort his baby.

How sick.

That's just dishonest and despicable analysis. I hope you aren't as bitter in life as you are on this board.

Or the truth may hurt.. I'm bitter or the truth hurts, you decide.

First and foremost, parents have the right to know what is going on in their child's life. I could argue other lesser points, but that's the reality. And any government that says otherwise, needs to fuck off.

They don't have the right to force their children to use their body in such a way that could pose a risk to their health.

That's a little thing called a mitigating factor. Obviously, I wasn't pretending that such things don't exist. Do you think I'd argue for parental rights of someone who tried to murder their daughter? Use your head. Stop throwing out red herrings.

They don't have the right to force their children to use their body in such a way that could pose a risk to their health.

I'm willing to debate you or agree with you on that point if you first admit that parents' should be made aware of potential medical procedures on their children.

That's a little thing called a mitigating factor. Obviously, I wasn't pretending that such things don't exist. Do you think I'd argue for parental rights of someone who tried to murder their daughter? Use your head. Stop throwing out red herrings.

So you would force a teenage girl to dob her father in to the cops, even though she has been threatened if she tells?

Forum List

Back