Starbucks CEO Admits Why Hes Closing Stores

So, there is no solution? Seems like premature surrender.

Personally, i think harm reduction measures do the most to address it. As evidenced by literally every other time it has been tried in any country, ever.
Maybe I am not in a position to know, as the two Starbucks, within 5 blocks of my home are not being shut down, as not having this homeless druggy problem. I have little sympathy for the street people, though. I am not one that bleeds for the masses. I kept my part on the path. It is a shame others did not.

Maybe I am not in a position to know, as the two Starbucks, within 5 blocks of my home are not being shut down, as not having this homeless druggy problem. I have little sympathy for the street people, though. I am not one that bleeds for the masses. I kept my part on the path. It is a shame others did not.
Oh, just give it time. They grow in number every day. Coming soon to a zip code near you...

At this point, nothing. I expect her lousy undisciplined spawn to be tried as adults and go down for the brutal murder. We're to believe her kid slipped out of the house that one time, and decided to kill an old man on a lark? I don't think so, and I have no pity for her or her kids.
I am almost 68, and sometimes go for late night walks in the neighborhood, always with my German Shepherd, always packing locked and cocked, lest I sometime become a victim.
This pathetic woman, with an IQ probably is the 70s, may be "sorry" the man died, but as always, her kid is a good kid, and just got caught up with the wrong crowd at 3 am

Her kid is one of many millions of similar kids being "raised" in the inner cities by moms who really are mental children themselves.

I agree. Vote for the person. I have no loyalty to the Republican Party either. But you will never find a person you will vote for AS A CONSERVATIVE CHRISTIAN, in the Democrat Party.

That's why my selection s ONLY from those who align themselves with the Republican Party
The Mayor of Jackson, could be describe that way. So, was his grandfather, one of our longest and best serving mayors of this city. I knew our Mayor's Aunt 40 something years ago, before she left for Harvard. She was smart, well reared, exactly what you would expect from that family.

What could? What model?

What policies? Actions? Laws? Wha?

I ask honestly. I want, very honestly,. to hear the "conservative" solutions. Or, at least, effort to reduce impact. Etc. The entire country wants to hear it. I like things that work, as much as anyone.

So far, all I have is, "Do like Republicans do!" Got it!

Which would be... ?
I thought democrats had the solutions? No?

By the way. Sorry to hear about your brother, I also lost a brother....In a motorcycle accident.

Yes, I keep asking specifically what that would be. Policy, legislation.

All the right wingers seem to be able to muster is "vote republican!"

Pretty weak sauce. Especially weak, when I look at the impoverished red, rural areas of america facing a scourge of opiate and meth addiction.

Thanks anyway for the low effort attempt. I will see if someone else will step up.

How’s this? Do the exact opposite of what the leftists have done for the past 30 years.

Last edited:
Do you agree with the safe places democrats have provided?
*yawn*

So anyhoo, what should be done, do you think? Like, in general, or about the drug problems, whatever.

I was looking for the "conservative" ideas. But I will take anything, at this point.

*yawn*

So anyhoo, what should be done, do you think? Like, in general, or about the drug problems, whatever.

I was looking for the "conservative" ideas. But I will take anything, at this point.

It was a simple question, sorry to offend you by asking your opinion. I won't again.

Nope! They sure don't. Doesn't seem like anyone does.

It's like it's a super hard problem, or something.
Not at all:

The libertarian solution is so obvious a blind man could see it. No government involvement needed whatsoever. Place a security guard in each store - big fella - wearing a Starbucks outfit including beanie if that is still mandatory. None of the liberal paying customers need be triggered by the sight of a gun and fake badge. Put a sign on the polygender bathroom saying:

Our facilities are reserved for our paying customers.
If you need to use this clean, well-maintained and safe bathroom,
please request the key after you have placed and paid for your order.

Most important step: enforce that sign.

Not at all:

The libertarian solution is so obvious a blind man could see it. No government involvement needed whatsoever. Place a security guard in each store - big fella - wearing a Starbucks outfit including beanie if that is still mandatory. None of the liberal paying customers need be triggered by the sight of a gun and fake badge. Put a sign on the polygender bathroom saying:

Our facilities are reserved for our paying customers.
If you need to use this clean, well-maintained and safe bathroom,
please request the key after you have placed and paid for your order.

Most important step: enforce that sign.
Okay, then what? The addicts aren't going to have an epiphany and stop being addicts. Where do they go next?

Easy: public parks. Libraries. Blighted neughborhoods, even ones right up next to decent neighborhoods. Because we tried all of that already. We have tried cracking skulls and sweeping them under the rug. Didn't work. Hell, there are so many of them at this point, that they are in the bathrooms only because of space overflow happening already. Do you think any of them somehow LIKE shooting up in a Starbucks bathroom? I think we can at least agree that they would rather be somewhere safer, more private, etc.

So, then what?

Okay, then what? The addicts aren't going to have an epiphany and stop being addicts. Where do they go next?
No, they are not. My solution was for Starbucks, and it is a far better solution than putting people out of jobs.
Easy: public parks. Libraries. Blighted neughborhoods, even ones right up next to decent neighborhoods. Because we tried all of that already. We have tried cracking skulls and sweeping them under the rug. Didn't work. Hell, there are so many of them at this point, that they are in the bathrooms only because of space overflow happening already. Do you think any of them somehow LIKE shooting up in a Starbucks bathroom? I think we can at least agree that they would rather be somewhere safer, more private, etc.

So, then what?
It is a legitimate problem, and maybe should have its own thread. But, I'll discuss it here to avoid you believing that your questions are unanswerable.

My solution is simple, but not completely libertarian. I admit that it does not follow the pure libertarian ideal. It amounts to secure homeless shelters, open to anyone and designed to be lived in by people who are likely to tear stuff up and make messes. So, we're talking cinder block walls, metal doors, toilet/sink combos and poured concrete furniture. Just a basic row of rooms, like at a motel, but you walk in, shut the door behind you and do whatever you would do in a Starbucks restroom.

The rules: One person to a room that can be locked from the inside. No searches for drugs, or any other contraband. No police presence. Security, cleaning, and feeding provided by you - Fort Fun Indiana - and others that you recruit from among your fellow altruists. You could pioneer this, by starting a gofundme, or whatever is the new gofundme. That's libertarian.

Homeless caught camping anywhere else will be given a choice to go to the shelter or go to rehab in custody. That's the part that ain't libertarian. I look at it this way: Libertarianism is for adults. I don't advocate smoking, drugs, gambling, and sexual freedom for kids, but I do for adults. Libertarianism is not for the mentally ill, for the same reason it is not for kids.

If a place like that is available, it would be insane to want to live in the park. Get such insane people treatment, whether they realize that they need it or not.

Forum List

Back