Standpattism Becomes Catatonia

Flanders

ARCHCONSERVATIVE
Sep 23, 2010
Karl Rove’s Republicans are pulling the same old crap. Note that Rove is a fixture on FOX where this ‘gotcha’ question was formulated:

BAIER: Gentlemen, we know how much you love hand-raising questions. So we promise, this is the only one tonight: the only one. Is there anyone on stage, and can I see hands, who is unwilling tonight to pledge your support to the eventual nominee of the Republican party and pledge to not run an independent campaign against that person.

Again, we’re looking for you to raise your hand now — raise your hand now if you won’t make that pledge tonight.

A Third Party run was not the gotcha. The gotcha was admitting an unwillingness to support the establishment candidate.

Parenthetically, had my question been asked every hand except Trump’s and Cruz’s would have shot up:

Flanders: “Who is unwilling tonight to pledge your support to the eventual nominee of the Republican party if he is a conservative?”​

I suspect that Bret Baier, Megyn Kelly, and Chris Wallace would have raised their hands so fast they would have dislocated their shoulders. In short: Establishment Republicans will never vote for a true conservative. Frankly, I have Ted Cruz in mind. I’d go so far as to say that Trump is useful in that he is taking the torpedoes that would be aimed at Ted Cruz if The Donald had not entered the race.

My point: Everything remains as it was in 2008 and in 2012. Establishment Republicans cannot win without conservatives. Media strategy is to con Tea Party conservatives into voting for Jeb Bush, or Marco Rubio, or John Kasich, or which establishment Republican the media finally crowns.

The media sales pitch is even the same: If you do not vote for our choice you will get another Democrat. You would think they figured it out by now. The public knows that establishment Republicans have been campaigning on being the lesser of two evils since Bob Dole was their nominee.

On top of sinking conservatives the media is turning the highest negatives into positives for their choices. Jeb Bush (Common Core, immigration), Marco Rubio (amnesty for illegal aliens), Chris Christie (governor elected by Norheast liberals in a solid Democrat state) and John Kasich (everything wrong) all stand for hardcore conservatism to hear talking heads tell it.

The biggest slam against Trump is that he cannot compete against well-informed professionals. To me, Trump is like Eisenhower in that Ike knew how to delegate authority. Everything Trump ever said about negotiating told me that he knows how to delegate authority as did Ike. Trump does not build buildings with his bare hands; he hires the right people to do the job. The only thing Trump has to know is how to put the ball in the right man’s hands and let him run.

Incidentally, Ike was portrayed as an idiot who did not stand a chance against Adlai Stevenson’s experience and super intellect. Ike beat him twice and governed the country for the best eight years of my lifetime. Another great president was also a lightweight by media standards even though he was exceptionally politically astute: Ronald Reagan.

One last observation is for political wonks who list to starboard.

Standpat original meant conservatives who stubbornly refused to accept change nipping on their heels. Today, the Republican party is buried in standpattism to the point of catatonia.

The biggest slam against Trump is that he cannot compete against well-informed professionals. To me, Trump is like Eisenhower in that Ike knew how to delegate authority. Everything Trump ever said about negotiating told me that he knows how to delegate authority as did Ike. Trump does not build buildings with his bare hands; he hires the right people to do the job. The only thing Trump has to know is how to put the ball in the right man’s hands and let him run.
There is method in media madness:

195153_5_.jpg

The Donald does not have to engage in lengthy battles with Congress, or the courts, to implement most of his promised agenda —— especially his promise to stop illegal immigration. President Trump only has to rescind everything the Chicago sewer rat did with EOs, regulations, and memos.

Avoiding Congress and phony legislation is the one thing media pundits fear the most from Trump. Press barons are as guilty as is Congress, and the Supreme Court, for everything Taqiyya the Liar put his name to. Reversing the sewer rat also reverses everything media had a major hand in as surely as they signed everything. That is why media must defeat Trump. A victory for The Donald is a major defeat for the media.

To sweeten the deal, President Trump can ignore laws like the Affordable Care Act, the TPP, and the Iran Deal just as Taqiyya the Liar refused to enforce laws he did not like.

Finally, executive experience used to be a selling point for Democrats. Years in government is what media mouths mean when they talk about characters like Joe Biden and state governors. So how come Trump’s executive experience is not a plus? This old conservative, for one, is not asking President Trump to go out and build the wall that stops illegal aliens; I expect him to authorize the right people who can get it done. Notice that President Trump will face the same problems that Ike confronted when he took office. He solved the problem:

During the 1950s, however, this "Good Old Boy" system changed under Eisenhower – if only for about 10 years.

In 1954, Ike appointed retired Gen. Joseph "Jumpin' Joe" Swing, a former West Point classmate and veteran of the 101st Airborne, as the new INS commissioner.​

No matter who President Trump appoints, he can expect the same kind of opposition General Swing ran into from Democrats —— NATURALLY.

Influential politicians, including Sen. Lyndon B. Johnson (D) of Texas and Sen. Pat McCarran (D) of Nevada, favored open borders, and were dead set against strong border enforcement, Brownell said. But General Swing's close connections to the president shielded him – and the Border Patrol – from meddling by powerful political and corporate interests.

How Eisenhower solved illegal border crossings from Mexico
By John Dillin July 6, 2006

How Eisenhower solved illegal border crossings from Mexico

On top of sinking conservatives the media is turning the highest negatives into positives for their choices. Jeb Bush (Common Core, immigration), Marco Rubio (amnesty for illegal aliens), Chris Christie (governor elected by Norheast liberals in a solid Democrat state) and John Kasich (everything wrong) all stand for hardcore conservatism to hear talking heads tell it.
There is so much wrong about Kasich, I thought it was impossible to find anything else, but he fooled me. He even went on television to announce one more reason NOT to trust for him:

Responding to a question from host Chris Wallace about Kasich’s stance on the refugee crisis in Europe and the Middle East, the Ohio governor said he supports President Obama’s plan. He also advocated for an active role providing “logistical support” and humanitarian aid.

Kasich Agrees With Obama: ‘America Needs To Be Part Of’ Solving Syrian Refugee Crisis
Derek Draplin
Associate Editor
11:31 AM 09/13/2015

Kasich Agrees With Obama: ‘America Needs To Be Part Of’ Solving Syrian Refugee Crisis

Forum List

Back