Spoiler Alert: Prosecutors' Tortuous Trump Case Is 'Confusing' to Nearly Everyone

Translation: I’m a never-Trumping buffoon. I don’t care about Justice or false confusing charges as long as they smear those I hate. You dumb bucket of horsesheeat.

They know that they can't defeat President Trump in an election -

They prove that they know this everyday.

Cohen pleaded guilty to an act that every neutral legal observer concluded was not an actual crime in a failed effort to get favorable sentencing treatment for the crimes that he did commit.
"Every neutral legal observer", the judge presiding over the guilty plea wasn't neutral? That's kind of his job I think, to be neutral.

This was a federal case. Barr was in the tank for Democrats, since he didn't stop it?

When you say "neutral" to whom exactly are you referring?

Beside that is the check for the money. Bearing Trump's signature. Something even his lawyer concedes.

except that he signed the checks

So at the very minimum the prosecution has checks ( they are in the public realm) that Trump has signed. That Cohen claims and for which he went to jail were for the purpose of paying Stormy.

A signed check is not nothing as far as evidence goes I think.

You need to show what the checks were for. Cohen was TRUMP's lawyer so of course he would be paying him. Cohen admitted he recorded TRUMP, people do things like that to cover their ass, so it's not believable Cohen wouldn't have any form of documented evidence showing TRUMP knew what the charges were for.

"....an illegal conspiracy to undermine the integrity of a presidential election, and then the steps that Donald Trump took to conceal that illegal election fraud,” prosecutor Matthew Colangelo told the jury during his opening statement.

-“No politician wants bad press, but the evidence at trial will show that this was not spin or communications strategy. This was a planned, coordinated, long-running conspiracy to influence the 2016 election, to help Donald Trump get elected through illegal expenditures to silence people who had something bad to say about his behavior,”

IMO, they conspired to deny the electorate's free speech rights.

It will come down to the appellant court understanding.
Too bad that we simply can't skip ahead to the end of the book.
Well we could have had this wrapped a long time ago. But you know... the paragon of virtue that is Trump has spend an immense amount of time trying to postpone it. So he doesn't really want to know the ending.

I wonder why that is? After all why would an innocent man NOT want to conclude the matter?

Last edited:

Spoiler Alert:

Prosecutors' Tortuous Trump Case Is 'Confusing' to Nearly Everyone

23 Apr 2024 ~~ By Victoria Taft

The first witness in Donald Trump's trial for alleged "criminal" bookkeeping errors came with National Enquirer-worthy titillations about what a hot commodity the former president was back in the day. Prosecutors thought they'd burst out of the gate with a little razzle-dazzle and T&A, hoping that jurors would believe the witness had anything to do with the actual charges in the case. This is because — spoiler alert — the prosecutors' actual case is a "confusing" distraction. It's the "Seinfeld" of legal cases.
But since a Manhattan jury will likely convict the former president because Orange Man Bad, here's what happened in court with the opening witness on truncated court sessions Monday and Tuesday.

David Pecker, the former publisher of the National Enquirer, testified that he worked with Trump's lawyer to kill stories that hurt Trump's reputation or would be hurtful to his wife and family. This is the so-called catch-and-kill scheme, wherein sources would approach the Enquirer with an unflattering story about Trump (this applies to Hollywood stars and big shots), offer money to the people telling it, and then make the story disappear.
And it went something like this:
  • Pecker reportedly would alert Trump's lawyer, Michael Cohen, about the titillating story.
  • Cohen got three sources to sign a non-disclosure agreement for a sum of money.
  • Trump paid his legal bills, which covered Cohen's incurred costs plus more.
All of the above is legal.
~Snip~

~Snip~
The media have called this case a "hush money" case, but one of our crafty commenters called it the Hush Trump case. Touché. When a judge shuts up the defendant but not the other trial participants, you can't help but wonder if the fix is in. Where else will you read that in this censorious media world that we're living in?

Commentary:
Remembering when The Los Angeles Times “caught and killed” the story of Barack Obama’s banquet speech for Rashid Khalidi, which was on video. I bet that video is more damaging than sex with a stripper and had a bigger impact on the 2008 election than Daniels did in 2016. Nobody was prosecuted. Few even complained. The video is still in the vault.
THAT is not illegal. “Go away” settlements and NDAs are extremely common. The lying whorebag human toilet tried to milk a few dollars more out of him two weeks before the election.
130k to Trump is akin to me flipping a nickel to a bum who is annoying customers coming into my business. It’s a ridiculously small amount she accepted. That amount was offered because her lawyer knew it was so low no sane person would take it to court if they could make it go away for that trivial sum.
Nothing even slightly illegal about it.

**********​

Trump is a cheater and you guys think that is moral fiber, lmao-rotf

You need to show what the checks were for. Cohen was TRUMP's lawyer so of course he would be paying him. Cohen admitted he recorded TRUMP, people do things like that to cover their ass, so it's not believable Cohen wouldn't have any form of documented evidence showing TRUMP knew what the charges were for.
Sure. And yet this lawyer is explicitly saying what the purpose of the payments were.

As I stated. The admission has cost him jail time. Bit I guess Cohen did that for the lol's

JONATHAN TURLEY: If you polled people and ask if Trump was responsible for the bubonic plague, we would end up with the same 35%. We have these hard numbers on either end of the poll when it comes to Trump. They don’t move no matter what the subject is.

What is clear is in this case, Trump is right. This is an embarrassment. The fact that we are actually talking about this case being presented in a New York courtroom leaves me in utter disbelief.

The arguments today did in fact capture all the problems here. You had this misdemeanor under state law that had run out, this is going back related to the 2016 election. They zapped it back into life by alleging that there was a campaign finance violation under the federal laws that doesn’t exist. The Department of Justice doesn’t view it this way.

On top of that, you got these tough factual issues that were laid out well by the Trump team. Saying someone else designated this as a legal expense. He was actually paid far in excess of this because this was a legal account.

The anti-Trump establishment doesn’t seem to care how ridiculous they look in this case. They’re just going after Trump in any way they can.

"....an illegal conspiracy to undermine the integrity of a presidential election, and then the steps that Donald Trump took to conceal that illegal election fraud,” prosecutor Matthew Colangelo told the jury during his opening statement.

-“No politician wants bad press, but the evidence at trial will show that this was not spin or communications strategy. This was a planned, coordinated, long-running conspiracy to influence the 2016 election, to help Donald Trump get elected through illegal expenditures to silence people who had something bad to say about his behavior,”

You typically do not have solid opinions.

Yeah, too bad that's not ILLEGAL, Prosecutor Matthew Colangelo! Paying people not to say bad things about you has been going on for as long as there have been political races! How did doing that deny the electorate's free speech rights? Goofy prosecution, Boo! Goofy post by you!

Forum List

Back