R&E Spiritual Warfare

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
Do you think that this is occurring? If so, how and in what way?

I have come across this multiple times in the last few months. I have heard it from those that are Christian and those that would probably fall under spiritual/pagan/eclectic witches.

I am respectfully requesting that people don't post a lengthy list of biblical verses or tell anyone else what they should or should not believe. If you feel compelled to use all of those verses, then hide them under "spoiler" so it becomes an option.

I believe there is & always has been spiritual warfare.
I know it is intensifying as the end draws near.

bible-wrestle.jpg

From the time before this earth of the war in heaven (Revelation 12:7-11) up until this very day there has been a spiritual war going on between good and evil. When Christ comes again, He will establish peace on the earth for 1000 years. After which Satan and his minions will have their last stand before being cast off into that lake that burneth with fire.

I have come across this multiple times in the last few months. I have heard it from those that are Christian and those that would probably fall under spiritual/pagan/eclectic witches.

I am respectfully requesting that people don't post a lengthy list of biblical verses or tell anyone else what they should or should not believe. If you feel compelled to use all of those verses, then hide them under "spoiler" so it becomes an option.

I believe relentless spiritual warfare is going down every day across America and much of the world. People at large struggle to be at peace with themselves and the world around them. Just about every form of news report, television show, movie, video game and social media website aim to turn these regular folks into paranoid, twitchy monsters locked in eternal deathmatch competition with their neighbors. Unseen forces are constantly at war over our free will; staying sane these days is getting harder and harder and finding neutral ground between these ancient, warring titans of influence is pretty much impossible. Choosing a side is mandatory; otherwise, the wrong side will be chosen for you by default. One can almost feel the evil oozing out of one's every electronic device and from the pores of many fellow human beings. Ours is a time of great pandemonium. What it is all leading up to I couldn't tell you. A storm of Ages approaches and no shelter in sight looks all that safe from it.

I can tell you want to say something,, but are uncomfortable expressing your true inner feelings.

Spit it out.

No, there is no indication of spiritual warfare taking place. If you think there is then you should make some specific claim. What war is being fought on behalf of any spirit?

Your list of demands are noted but what gives you the right to make demands on how others reply?

don't post a lengthy list of biblical verses or tell anyone else what they should or should not believe.

Are you prepared to accept what others believe with the same respect you ask of them?

I believe relentless spiritual warfare is going down every day across America and much of the world. People at large struggle to be at peace with themselves and the world around them. Just about every form of news report, television show, movie, video game and social media website aim to turn these regular folks into paranoid, twitchy monsters locked in eternal deathmatch competition with their neighbors. Unseen forces are constantly at war over our free will; staying sane these days is getting harder and harder and finding neutral ground between these ancient, warring titans of influence is pretty much impossible. Choosing a side is mandatory; otherwise, the wrong side will be chosen for you by default. One can almost feel the evil oozing out of one's every electronic device and from the pores of many fellow human beings. Ours is a time of great pandemonium. What it is all leading up to I couldn't tell you. A storm of Ages approaches and no shelter in sight looks all that safe from it.
That is very descriptive and an excellent argument made. Thank you.

I can tell you want to say something,, but are uncomfortable expressing your true inner feelings.

Spit it out.
Not really. This is where it came up. Someone made the statement "as above so below" and then asked what is happening "up there". That statement is the Principle of Correspondence and it original came from the Emerald Tablet. I have a hard time seeing it the way she did because of my own limitations. I see it as I am the Kabbalah tree of life with this material plane being the shell. I don't see outside forces at work. I see all of that battle as going down within yourself. I didn't disagree with her, of course, because who am I? Right? I have heard spiritual warfare as a topic quite frequently. It won't kill me to hear other people's view.

No, there is no indication of spiritual warfare taking place. If you think there is then you should make some specific claim. What war is being fought on behalf of any spirit?

Your list of demands are noted but what gives you the right to make demands on how others reply?

Are you prepared to accept what others believe with the same respect you ask of them?
No, Donald. I'm not prepared at all.

You're fine. Not believing anything is taking place is just as good as believing something is taking place.

Yes there is a continually spiritual battle taking place both individually and corporately as a whole in the world of nations, groups, etc.

From my own experience I believe we generally do not consider these things even when they are all around us and we most certainly do not understand them until the spirit within us is mature enough to try to understand it, be able to handle it properly and accept it all.

An example would be when I was in my early twenties. I was introduced to some people a friend knew and the same sat down across from us at the table we were at. My breath was taken away. I mean I really could not breath and I felt a great evil coming from one of those people across the table. I told my friend I've got to get some fresh air and got up and went outside. I was also shaking as I tried to get air in my lungs. My friend came out and I told him I had to leave I could not be around those people. He asked why and all I could say is 'that man is evil'. My friend wasn't too nice about all that. I went home and didn't look back but two days later my friend called very upset. The one I'd felt the evil from had shot his wife in front of their children through a kitchen window.

Sometimes the manifestations in the spirit are not visible and generally not so stark as what I just describe but they are there if we seek them out. We know it as words like feelings, perception and consciousness; and no matter how hard science tries to explain it they will never fully understand it all.

Not really. This is where it came up. Someone made the statement "as above so below" and then asked what is happening "up there". That statement is the Principle of Correspondence and it original came from the Emerald Tablet. I have a hard time seeing it the way she did because of my own limitations. I see it as I am the Kabbalah tree of life with this material plane being the shell. I don't see outside forces at work. I see all of that battle as going down within yourself. I didn't disagree with her, of course, because who am I? Right? I have heard spiritual warfare as a topic quite frequently. It won't kill me to hear other people's view.

Me being a nerdy physics kind of guy....the up/down thing is most likely the completely natural human awareness of gravity.

Yes.

It is happening because frankly, the end is very near. I do not belong to a church that "prophesies". But my pastor has stated matter of factly that God told him when he entered the ministry that Jesus would come back in his lifetime. FWIW my pastor is just a regular guy who was ordained. I have never heard him say "God told me" about anything other than that.

We have belonged to our church for about 15 years. Then, I heard him say this and was like..."...really?"

Now? oh yeah. Soon. Very soon.

FWIW our pastor is in his mid-60s

Yes there is a continually spiritual battle taking place both individually and corporately as a whole in the world of nations, groups, etc.

From my own experience I believe we generally do not consider these things even when they are all around us and we most certainly do not understand them until the spirit within us is mature enough to try to understand it, be able to handle it properly and accept it all.

An example would be when I was in my early twenties. I was introduced to some people a friend knew and the same sat down across from us at the table we were at. My breath was taken away. I mean I really could not breath and I felt a great evil coming from one of those people across the table. I told my friend I've got to get some fresh air and got up and went outside. I was also shaking as I tried to get air in my lungs. My friend came out and I told him I had to leave I could not be around those people. He asked why and all I could say is 'that man is evil'. My friend wasn't too nice about all that. I went home and didn't look back but two days later my friend called very upset. The one I'd felt the evil from had shot his wife in front of their children through a kitchen window.

Sometimes the manifestations in the spirit are not visible and generally not so stark as what I just describe but they are there if we seek them out. We know it as words like feelings, perception and consciousness; and no matter how hard science tries to explain it they will never fully understand it all.
We have no way of determining whether your story is exactly true. Science can explain how there's a tendency to exaggerate or even create stories of the supernatural. There's also a good possibility of a person's mind creating the story after the violence has happened. Tell us more details about the story. It can serve as a basis from which to start.

If there's any truth in your story then I would suggest you detected a very troubled persona that indicated he would act out violently. After all, you didn't predict he would shoot his wife. And you didn't even predict a shooting, while it would have been probable that acting out with violence would most likely involve a gun.

There has never been a verified and proven incident that has involved the supernatural. You shouldn't attempt to do that before you consider any number of logical explanations.

However, the anecdotal attempts to prove spiritual events are usually interesting to hear.

Holy cow! That is one heck of an experience. Thank you.

We have no way of determining whether your story is exactly true. Science can explain how there's a tendency to exaggerate or even create stories of the supernatural. There's also a good possibility of a person's mind creating the story after the violence has happened. Tell us more details about the story. It can serve as a basis from which to start.

If there's any truth in your story then I would suggest you detected a very troubled persona that indicated he would act out violently. After all, you didn't predict he would shoot his wife. And you didn't even predict a shooting, while it would have been probable that acting out with violence would most likely involve a gun.

There has never been a verified and proven incident that has involved the supernatural. You shouldn't attempt to do that before you consider any number of logical explanations.

However, the anecdotal attempts to prove spiritual events are usually interesting to hear.
Thank you so much for your assessment of someone's subjective experience. Where would we be without it? It's so original and no one has ever encountered it before. Many thanks.

Yes.

It is happening because frankly, the end is very near. I do not belong to a church that "prophesies". But my pastor has stated matter of factly that God told him when he entered the ministry that Jesus would come back in his lifetime. FWIW my pastor is just a regular guy who was ordained. I have never heard him say "God told me" about anything other than that.

We have belonged to our church for about 15 years. Then, I heard him say this and was like..."...really?"

Now? oh yeah. Soon. Very soon.

FWIW our pastor is in his mid-60s
Thanks.

I think that much of the spiritual warfare going on these days is actually more political in nature. There are those who want to diminish or even abolish the faith or trust in God with Government. That's pretty much what totalitarian gov't do, it isn't about spiritual matters but control and power.

Thank you so much for your assessment of someone's subjective experience. Where would we be without it? It's so original and no one has ever encountered it before. Many thanks.
That sort of anecdotal story needs to be questioned. Science always needs to challenge such stories in the name of a search for a supernatural happening that can be verified.

It involves no animosity or anger!
Rather, we ask for more details and more information concerning the supposed event.

That sort of anecdotal story needs to be questioned. Science always needs to challenge such stories in the name of a search for a supernatural happening that can be verified.

It involves no animosity or anger!
Rather, we ask for more details and more information concerning the supposed event.
I hear you. Again. Thank you.

I think that much of the spiritual warfare going on these days is actually more political in nature. There are those who want to diminish or even abolish the faith or trust in God with Government. That's pretty much what totalitarian gov't do, it isn't about spiritual matters but control and power.
Can you tell us of an example of this 'spiritual warfare'?

Science doesn't accept one's faith as evidence of anything.

Forum List

Back