Spell check woes

miketx

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2015
I can spell well enough to be able to know how to spell most common words. My problem is typos and trying to type too fast, so that a typo pops up every now and then. lol. For example instead of correctly typing the word 'such' I typed 'sech', which I don't think is a word, and the spell checker flags it as misspelled. The problem occurs when the choices to replace my word with are not even close to reality. And, according to the internet, There are only 34 4 letter words that end with 'ch', and only 3 that start with 's'. What in the wide wide world of sports is wrong with these spell checkers? Drugs? Retarded? Windows? I dunno, but I have written programs before, one extremely complex that I used in my business and sold to others. To me it's just not acceptable for the checkers to work this poorly. Where ever these checkers come from they could be fixed. Of course I could try not to make typos and I do, but the point being the stupid thing don't work. Plus, I purposely left the apostrophe out of the word 'don't' and it could not supply the correct replacement.

And apparently 'sech' is a word but not widely used, certainly not as much as 'such' is used.

screenshot_53.png

I can spell well enough to be able to know how to spell most common words. My problem is typos and trying to type too fast, so that a typo pops up every now and then. lol. For example instead of correctly typing the word 'such' I typed 'sech', which I don't think is a word, and the spell checker flags it as misspelled. The problem occurs when the choices to replace my word with are not even close to reality. And, according to the internet, There are only 34 4 letter words that end with 'ch', and only 3 that start with 's'. What in the wide wide world of sports is wrong with these spell checkers? Drugs? Retarded? Windows? I dunno, but I have written programs before, one extremely complex that I used in my business and sold to others. To me it's just not acceptable for the checkers to work this poorly. Where ever these checkers come from they could be fixed. Of course I could try not to make typos and I do, but the point being the stupid thing don't work. Plus, I purposely left the apostrophe out of the word 'don't' and it could not supply the correct replacement.

And apparently 'sech' is a word but not widely used, certainly not as much as 'such' is used.

View attachment 257287
Agreed. I’ve had autocorrect put in words I had never even heard of and had nothing to do with the topic.

This is one reason I mock self driving cars. Same programmers.

My solution is never make a mistake and don't ever be wrong.

If you don't lean on technology, you won't have any problems.

There you go.

• Banned
My solution is never make a mistake and don't ever be wrong.

If you don't lean on technology, you won't have any problems.

There you go.
I can't, then people would suspect I am an alien.

Forum List

Back