Speaker of the House

Liz Cheney for speaker

ON JANUARY 3, 2023 BY DAN KENNEDYIN POLITICS
Earlier today I posted on Mastodon what I thought was a commonsense though impossible idea: the Democrats should nominate Liz Cheney for speaker. There didn’t seem like there would be any chance of that happening. There still doesn’t, although right-wing candidate Kevin McCarthy has just lost the third round of voting at the hands of the ultra-right.

Liz Cheney for speaker – Media Nation (dankennedy.net)

Get this to MSNBC for public view!!!!
:)-
I don't want Liz Cheney for Speaker.
4i6Ckte.gif
She's as conservative as McCarthy. Just because she's a patriot doesn't mean she's a friend to Democrats or would water down her extreme views.

Translation: we don't have a congress yet and we're happy to stand by and watch that continue while we assist in the gridlock by voting for someone who we know won't win....
* It's not the Democrats responsibility to bail wingnuts out of their wingnuttery.
* Jeffries could certainly win. "George Santos" missed a vote. Other Republicans could miss a vote on purpose. There are also at least 6 Republicans who won in districts that Biden won, some of them BIGLY. They could vote for Jeffries and stay Republicans or change to Independents.

Forum List

Back