Speaker McCarthy confirms Swalwell, Schiff, and Omar will be stripped of their committee seats

Their best hope for 2024 is pressing important policies on your southern border. Just impeaching a border rep won't cut it. It's the easiest issue to win on and if the GOP really want to separate themselves, they would place that issue as highest importance IMO.
Mayorkas is head of Homeland Security--not just some "border rep"

It will be interesting to see the Wack Pack "debate" issues when people like Boebert and MTG wouldnt even be allowed in the same room as their high school debate team.

Who said they were stripped of their committees for lying? You lying again?

“The Democrats have created a new thing where they’re picking and choosing who could be on committee,” McCarthy said last January. “Never in the history [of Congress] have you had the majority tell the minority who could be on committee, but this new standard, which these Democrats have voted for — if Eric Swalwell cannot get a security clearance in the private sector, there’s no reason why he should be given one to be on Intel or Homeland Security.”

So Swalwell is a major security risk. (who likes Fang Fang)
iu
You said it.....

Not stripped of their "chairs", but their seats on the committees.
No committees for liars.

Not really. I'm not a criminal who tried to overturn a lawfull election. But you can't say that about Trump's asseaters like Jordan & Jim Banks. Gee, Banks even asked your boy for a pardon. How come?

Neither did anyone else. Well, that's not entirely true, obummer launched a coup attempt on Trump 17 minutes after inauguration.

As usual you have your facts wrong.

Who cares if they no longer chair committees? Who didn't expect it? It may be a slim majority, but I would expect Dems to be cleared out chairman seats on committees.

Frankly, this wasn't even worth a thread.
They aren't being stripped of committee chairmanships; they are being stripped of committee seats for cause. That means they will lose all the power that they had and will be treated like freshman congressmen, with no more power than their individual votes.

Who cares if they no longer chair committees? Who didn't expect it? It may be a slim majority, but I would expect Dems to be cleared out chairman seats on committees.

Frankly, this wasn't even worth a thread.
Try reading it again....

They aren't being stripped of committee chairmanships; they are being stripped of committee seats for cause. That means they will lose all the power that they had and will be treated like freshman congressmen, with no more power than their individual votes.
Yes, I think that was made clear a day or two ago. As I made clear then, I still don't care.

All three are grave threats to our national security and should be prosecuted as well.

House Speaker Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) confirmed Monday he plans to strip Reps. Eric Swalwell (D-CA), Adam Schiff (D-CA), and Ilhan Omar (D-MN) from their respective committee seats in the 118th Congress.

McCarthy told the Associated Press on Monday he will stand by his pledge to expel these far-left Democrat House members from their committee seats due to their previous misconduct as members of Congress. To remove members from committees, House members must approve by a floor vote.
Excellent news!

Forum List

Back