Southern Baptists are forcing out followers who don’t pledge allegiance to Trump

If the way each of us live denies others because of selfishness and reduces resources for it then there are questions to be answered from all sides.

If you are talking about how any of that is managed by Government ... That's man's law, not God's law.
Man's law can be fallible , God's law is Divine ... Man attempting to dispense God's law, is the desire to to put himself before, or equal to God.

That does not mean that man cannot create laws to manage man's affairs ...
Just that to use God's will through Government, is to attempt to shift responsibility from each man to the Government ...
And the attempt to establish Government as the purveyor of God's will or law.

Last edited:
Funny my southern Baptist church doesn't know my politics or I don't believe they care. I do remember a time if you disagreed with Obama, you were considered a racist. Is that the kind of cult like acting you are trying to bring up?

Funny my southern Baptist church doesn't know my politics or I don't believe they care. I do remember a time if you disagreed with Obama, you were considered a racist. Is that the kind of cult like acting you are trying to bring up?

Those who make religion look bad generally describe themselves as Southern Baptists or Evangelical. No that does not make all that consider themselves the same guilty.

The Southern Baptists have always been a weird cult given to trying to link the supreme being to all sorts of discrimination. I first met one when I was a kid in the 60s. I consider them to be the same as the Moonies or Jim Jones in the jungle.

That is you being a religious bigot.

Nope. Please note that I referred only to the Southern Baptist Convention, which is a particularly nasty, bigoted, and aggressive cult, not all Baptists. I lost a good friend some years ago who was Baptist and a truly wonderful person. Look at Jimmy Carter, a Baptist and a very fine gentleman.

The Southern Baptists do not uphold and practice the teachings of Jesus. They just use his name in a sick attempt to justify their authoritarian social and political agenda.
So why did you lose your friend ? Decided to be a Christian, and you wouldn't maybe ?

Passed on due to cancer. I am a Christian, but the antics of people like the evangelicals, including the Southern Baptists and the Catholics, have raised serious questions as to whether Christianity is a valid faith, questions that have nothing to do how I think about Jesus.
Sorry to hear about your long time friend, but you say that you are a Christian ?? Ok, if you say so, but do your actions say so ? I know that no one is perfect, and we all have fallen short, but your take on the issues aren't representative of Christian views or values are they ??

Yes, they are. The views and values of Christians are all over the map. There is no single viewpoint.

But Jesus did gather and feed his followers and gave them his instructions in the Sermon on the Mount. If they had been followed, there would have been no massacre of the Cathars, no inquisition, no witch hunts, no massacre of Native Americans, no slavery, no Jim Crow, no pograms, no Holocaust, or any other ghoulish incidents that have occurred in western history. No one would be pouring water on the ground that was placed there to keep stragglers in the desert alive.

The Southern Baptists seem to be more a right-wing political party than a religion based on Jesus's teachings.

This is too much. Can you say Fascis?

Southern Baptists are forcing out followers who don’t pledge allegiance to Trump
The departure of prominent leader Russell Moore shows opposing LGBTQ rights isn't enough. Now, morality means supporting whatever Trump says.
Sunday, May 23, 2021

Dr. Russell D. Moore preaching in October 2011 at the Southern Baptist Theological Seminary in Louisville, Kentucky.Photo: Wikimedia Commons

White evangelicals have always been the core of Donald Trump’s support. Once they got over their unease with his fungible approach to morality, conservative Christians found in Trump the political warrior–or mega-bully–that they have long been seeking. The only thing they disliked about him was that he curses.

After acting like a political party through the Trump presidency, it’s no surprise that evangelicals are now following the GOP’s template of purging their ranks of anyone who does not worship at Trump’s altar. The latest case in point: the departure of Russell Moore from the leadership of the Southern Baptist Convention (SBC).

Moore held one of the top positions in evangelical Christianity. As head of the SBC’s Ethics & Religious Liberty Commission, he has been a fervent advocate for the denomination’s right-wing positions. He has been a staunch opponent of LGBTQ rights, especially marriage equality, and has pushed hard for religious liberty exemptions that would gut existing protections.

However, Moore has never been a fan of Donald Trump. Unlike other prominent evangelicals, like Franklin Graham and Tony Perkins, Moore was unwilling to trade his religious beliefs for access to power and Supreme Court appointments.

When Trump was running for president in 2016, Moore accurately described him as “someone who not only characterizes sexual decadence and misogyny, brokers in cruelty and nativism, and displays a crazed public and private temperament — but who glories in these things.”

continued
I'm surprised Moore was still "in the fold." But the SB's are having trouble letting Trump go.

Not exactly breaking news. But I have some sympathy for them if they see an "assault" on their moral views of transgender folks being able to play sports or whether gay people are different from people who cheat on spouses or drink too much. I don't really agree with them, but ..... live and let live, imo

But the far right doesn't live and let live.

That's the point.

The far right seems to believe they can force their way of life on our whole nation whether we want it or not.

I wish they would live and let live. America would be a much better and more peaceful place if they did.

I had no idea there was a Trump pledge of allegiance that people recited?
Learn something new every day. ... :cool:

I haven't seen one.
Give him time

LOLOL.

I am not a big fan of Baptists or anyone trained at the Dallas Theological Seminary.
I'm not a big fan of anything Dallas. LOL

Personally, I have a hard time with any religion that tells someone what they need to believe beyond the very basics of there's a supreme being with a plan that somehow promotes treating people decently. All politicians are people who fail to live up to what they espouse. Preachers too.

Animals, kids and sleeping people are off limits though.

They have really screwed around with scripture and introduced futurism and that charlatan Hal Lindsey.. All this work for 80 years to promote Zionism.
Bible scholars like Lindsey are merely stating the obvious

2,000 years ago God promised the Jews would be reunited in their promised land

And they have been

I haven't seen one.
Give him time

LOLOL.

I am not a big fan of Baptists or anyone trained at the Dallas Theological Seminary.

Personally, I have a hard time with any religion that tells someone what they need to believe beyond the very basics of there's a supreme being with a plan that somehow promotes treating people decently. All politicians are people who fail to live up to what they espouse. Preachers too.

They have really screwed around with scripture and introduced futurism and that charlatan Hal Lindsey.. All this work for 80 years to promote Zionism.

And they have been

They were when they returned from the exile in Babylon.

That's why the Jews held Cyrus the Great in such esteem.

Hal Lindsey is a con man..

I haven't seen one.
Give him time

LOLOL.

And they have been

They were when they returned from the exile in Babylon.

That's why the Jews held Cyrus the Great in such esteem.

Hal Lindsey is a con man..
It's like an end of the world cult. LOL Not exactly original, but an oldy that seems to work no matter how often its tried.

But the far right doesn't live and let live.

That's the point.

The far right seems to believe they can force their way of life on our whole nation whether we want it or not.

I wish they would live and let live. America would be a much better and more peaceful place if they did.

Neither does the Government.

If you just want to pick and choose who is guilty of what offense you may desire to support ...
Then you are no different than the people you are bitching about ... :thup:

In another words conservative Christians are politically active and godless libs dont like that

You have no way of knowing the spiritual beliefs of people who have no interest in the lifestyle of the so-called "conservative Christians" and oppose their attempts force their lifestyle on others. MYOB.

No it was the end of Temple Judaism and blood sacrifice.
I’m not going to get with you

According to secular lib logic Israel should not exist today

But it does

Against impossible odds Israel won every war its fought because it had to

Not winning would mean the end of Israel

And God would not allow it

I dont know when the Jews are going to tear down the Dome Of The Rock and rebuild Soloman’s temple

But it will happen

You can bet the rent money on it

Forum List

Back