South Park

This week's was okay. I liked Randy Marsh saying "thanks!", but then again, anything Randy says is funny to me.

My favorite part of the episode was everyone ripping on Stan for his "gay little song".

I saw that episode last night. It took me a while to figure out why the LA people kept farting and then bending over to sniff it in, and when the stoned LA kids said something about the parents "loving the smell of their own farts," I had a laugh riot.

I watched it again, too. First of all, Stan is still the funniest part. When they make him operate the crane, that was the funniest moment in the episode.

I thought they kinda wasted having Ike and Kyle on acid, though, they could've done more with that.

Hobbit said:
I saw that episode last night. It took me a while to figure out why the LA people kept farting and then bending over to sniff it in, and when the stoned LA kids said something about the parents "loving the smell of their own farts," I had a laugh riot.

It was San Fran. Thats even funnier.

This could be good.

: Cartoon Wars
: Original air Date: 2006-04-05
: Cartman and Kyle are at war over the popular cartoon, "Family Guy." Kyle loves "Family Guy" and hates Cartman. The two boys embark upon a mad chase across the country and the fate of "Family Guy" lies with the first boy to reach Hollywood.

Judging from the commercials, they're making fun of how vehement the anti-Family Guy people are with their hatred.

I couldnt tell from the commercials which way they were going. You think MAtt and Trey are buds with Seth? Im not sure where they're going with this one. Should be good though.

"Don't you see? We need to go out and support Family Guy in order to show them that we won't be intimidated. We need to show that we don't just believe in free speech...we support it."
*long pause*
"I like the sand idea."

I really dug this one a lot, actually. It took me a little while to get into it, because there's actually a lot of ideas going on.

Hating on Family Guy: I loved it. They nailed everything I hate about that show (though I must admit, it makes me laugh from time to time). "This is worse than the time I had to pretend to be a carrot cake!"

The whole idea of Freedom of speech vs. burying your head in the sand had some strong, unique ideas. You don't think about having to defend freedom of speech anywhere but in a courtroom. Maybe I'm reading too much into things, but I also think the whole "we can't let one religion dictate what we can or can't do or see" was another subtle "F.U." to Scientology. I may be wrong, though.

I liked Kyle's Big Wheel exploding. I liked the cop car flipping while chasing Cartman and Kyle. As usual, I liked everything Randy Marsh did or said (right now, he and Butters are tied as my favorite characters of all time). And, of course, "or will Comedy Central puss out". I think this was another callback to the Scientology scandal. I really have high expectations for next week's.

I didn't like seeing Ike die in a nuclear blast, though. I just picture Trey and Matt watching it and laughing their asses off, thinking about how much that's going to piss people off.

Dan said:
I really dug this one a lot, actually. It took me a little while to get into it, because there's actually a lot of ideas going on.

Hating on Family Guy: I loved it. They nailed everything I hate about that show (though I must admit, it makes me laugh from time to time). "This is worse than the time I had to pretend to be a carrot cake!"

The whole idea of Freedom of speech vs. burying your head in the sand had some strong, unique ideas. You don't think about having to defend freedom of speech anywhere but in a courtroom. Maybe I'm reading too much into things, but I also think the whole "we can't let one religion dictate what we can or can't do or see" was another subtle "F.U." to Scientology. I may be wrong, though.

I liked Kyle's Big Wheel exploding. I liked the cop car flipping while chasing Cartman and Kyle. As usual, I liked everything Randy Marsh did or said (right now, he and Butters are tied as my favorite characters of all time). And, of course, "or will Comedy Central puss out". I think this was another callback to the Scientology scandal. I really have high expectations for next week's.

I didn't like seeing Ike die in a nuclear blast, though. I just picture Trey and Matt watching it and laughing their asses off, thinking about how much that's going to piss people off.

Ike's still alive. It was a dream sequence for Kyle ala Terminator 2.

They are definitely digging deep this season. ITs the best out of recent memory.

I know Ike's still alive, I just didn't like watching his skin get burned off while he screamed. It was creepy.

Why don't you take your Terminator 2, and the chip on your shoulder, and the mean look in your eye, and why don't you just get the hell outta here, cuz we don't want any!

Just kidding, I doubt anyone'll get that, but it's a quote from Tom Goes to the Mayor.

Dan said:
Why don't you take your Terminator 2, and the chip on your shoulder, and the mean look in your eye, and why don't you just get the hell outta here, cuz we don't want any!

Just kidding, I doubt anyone'll get that, but it's a quote from Tom Goes to the Mayor.

BLAAAAAAAH Just watching that show makes me physically ill. I dont know if its the artisitic style, the corny jokes or the blatant homosexual references, but i can't sit for more then 2 seconds before i have to hurl. :puke:

Insein, you and me are about to have to take this one outside.

Nah, I am one of about 3 people I know who actually like it, but I like it a lot. The animation style took me a while to get used to, I think it helps if you're a little, uh, altered. I dunno. I think the jokes are intentionally corny, that's why I find it funny. And I don't really know what homosexual references you're talking about.

But, yeah, it's funny. So, I guess we'll just have to stick to talking about South Park and 24, huh? Should I even ask how you feel about Six Feet Under?

Dan said:
Insein, you and me are about to have to take this one outside.

Nah, I am one of about 3 people I know who actually like it, but I like it a lot. The animation style took me a while to get used to, I think it helps if you're a little, uh, altered. I dunno. I think the jokes are intentionally corny, that's why I find it funny. And I don't really know what homosexual references you're talking about.

But, yeah, it's funny. So, I guess we'll just have to stick to talking about South Park and 24, huh? Should I even ask how you feel about Six Feet Under?

Don't have HBO. So i dont get to watch 6 feet or sopranos or entourage. I hear good things. Sopranos i just cant get into when i did have HBO. Entourage was kind of good. Never watched 6 feet though so i dont know.

I'm 99% sure you'd hate it. If for no other reason, just because I like it so much. We seem to be polar opposites if it doesn't involve Jack Bauer or Trey & Matt.

Forum List

Back