Son of former IC IG: "There’s never been a requirement that a whistleblower have 1st hand knowledge"

pyetro

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2019
Republicans (and message board trolls) have been spreading the false claim that whistleblowers are required to have themselves first-hand knowledge about the claims he makes. What must be first-hand information is the evidence gathered by the IG (Such as a conversation transcript, which was made public, or interviews with people who had first-hand knowledge).
“There’s never been a requirement that a whistleblower have firsthand knowledge of what they’re reporting,” said Irvin McCullough, an investigator at the nonprofit Government Accountability Project (and the son of a former IC IG). “They need to have a reasonable belief. The firsthand information is usually gathered by the inspector general, as I believe did occur here.”
Gee, should I believe Hannity and message board people or the son of a former intelligence IG?
GOP Shows Russian Trolls How It’s Done With Whistleblower Smear

Note: funny stickers can't change requirements.

Republicans (and message board trolls) have been spreading the false claim that whistleblowers are required to have themselves first-hand knowledge about the claims he makes. What must be first-hand information is the evidence gathered by the IG (Such as a conversation transcript, which was made public, or interviews with people who had first-hand knowledge).
“There’s never been a requirement that a whistleblower have firsthand knowledge of what they’re reporting,” said Irvin McCullough, an investigator at the nonprofit Government Accountability Project (and the son of a former IC IG). “They need to have a reasonable belief. The firsthand information is usually gathered by the inspector general, as I believe did occur here.”
Gee, should I believe Hannity and message board people or the son of a former intelligence IG?
ffs

So, wizard, the IG didn't have the Trump transcript until he released it. Which was after the complaint was made public.

And the transcript shows there was no quid pro quo discussed.

And if there was never a first hand knowledge requirement then why was the form changed?

So, wizard, the IG didn't have the Trump transcript until he released it. Which was after the complaint was made public.

And if there was never a first hand knowledge requirement then why was the form changed?

Zelensky asks Trump for an increase in military aid — specifically, to purchase more Javelin anti-tank missiles, useful in Ukraine’s ongoing conflict with Russian-backed separatists in its east.

Trump responds by saying, “I would like you to do us a favor though.”

Son of a 'former IC IG?

and that means what, exactly?

McCain was a Navy Pilot.

Should I consult his sons on how to fly a plane?

Should I consult Jimmy Carters daughter on submarines?

Should I consult John Kerrys son on how to handle PT boats?

Sorry, not interested in his opinion

Zelensky asks Trump for an increase in military aid — specifically, to purchase more Javelin anti-tank missiles, useful in Ukraine’s ongoing conflict with Russian-backed separatists in its east.

got a link???
cause thats not how it played out,,,

Son of a 'former IC IG?

McCain was a Navy Pilot.

Son of a 'former IC IG

Well I have this friend, who's uncle's cousin, girlfriends dad, grandfather was at the grassy knoll and he said their was a 2nd gunman who killed Kennedy

Son of a 'former IC IG?

McCain was a Navy Pilot.

Son of a 'former IC IG

Well I have this friend, who's uncle's cousin, girlfriends dad, grandfather was at the grassy knoll and he said their was a 2nd gunman who killed Kennedy

Here is the law the form was based off, what the form says is really irrelevant.

https://www.govinfo.gov/content/pkg...CODE-2015-title50-chap44-subchapI-sec3033.pdf

Section K(5) is the part that covers it.

The law is unchanged since January 3, 2016

Read it for yourself instead of relying on someone else.

got a link???
cause thats not how it played out,,,

Trump: I would like you to do us a favor...I would like you to find out what happened with this whole situation with Ukraine, they say Crowdstrike... I guess you have one of your wealthy people... The server, they say Ukraine has it.

Trump wanted information about Crowdstrike. Had nothing to do with holding up money or quid pro quo.

Stupid libtardos can't even get their conspiracy straight.

Hahahahahahahahahaha

Someones child says.....

Really dude?

Deeeeeeesperate

Here is the law the form was based off, what the form says is really irrelevant.

https://www.govinfo.gov/content/pkg...CODE-2015-title50-chap44-subchapI-sec3033.pdf

Why does the article from the Federalist that Ricky Libtardo posted show the old form saying the complaints had to be based on first hand knowledge? Read his post, please.
Is there anything at all in the world of politics that has an actual answer we can rely on as being true?

Hahahahahahahahahaha

Someones child says.....

Really dude?

Deeeeeeesperate

Why does the article from the Federalist that Ricky Libtardo posted show the old form saying the complaints had to be based on first hand knowledge? Read his post, please.
Is there anything at all in the world of politics that has an actual answer we can rely on as being true?

I am not sure why. There are some irregularities with the two forms that the site posted, even the short form name is not the same, which is odd.

Also, forms are often made by agencies that later have to be changed, they like to add their own twist to them, which they are not supposed to do.

Hahahahahahahahahaha

Someones child says.....

Really dude?

Deeeeeeesperate

Keep posting it. Nobody is going to read it.

They don't listen to you.

Get a clue.

Hahahahahahahahahaha

Someones child says.....

Really dude?

Deeeeeeesperate

Get a clue.

They do not listen to facts or the truth.

I am just the message and like always the messenger is attacked because truth cannot be

A friend of mine's cousin's neighbor who knew a lawyer once says that second hand witnesses are unreliable, especially when politically motivated.

Hahahahahahahahahaha

Someones child says.....

Really dude?

Deeeeeeesperate

Get a clue.

They do not listen to facts or the truth.

I am just the message and like always the messenger is attacked because truth cannot be

You have no credibility.

Can't help that.

Forum List

Back