Something to consider....although I am sure it has already been said

SC Patriot

Diamond Member
Aug 31, 2020
I find it interesting how the bulk of the states won by soon to be President Elect Biden came from states where the majority of the top 1% live while the bulk of the votes for President Trump came from states where few of the 1% live.
Why?
Because the top 1% know how to minimize their tax burden.
You know, like Trump does.
I recall when Buffet COMPLAINED about how his secretary paid more in federal income tax than he did.
Why do you think that is?
Simple...he can afford accountants that can find LEGALK ways to minimize his tax burden while not compromising his net value.
You know....Like Trump does.
We are all tools.

This is one of many reasons why we should ban all tax expenditures (credits, deductions, exemptions).

This is one of many reasons why we should ban all tax expenditures (credits, deductions, exemptions).
The ruling billionaire class spent the past four ordering their congressional stooges to pass legislation to all but eliminate their tax burden.

The super-rich bastards aren't going to permit that to be taken from them.

Trump proposed that if you recall. Send in your return on a post card.
The only way that can be done is, if, in fact, there is no such thing as write offs.....simple return.....pay 15% of your gross income. No AGI.
You pay 8% on state, no local, no alternative tax............ and your total tax burden is 23%.
You make 100K you take home 77K.

I find it interesting how the bulk of the states won by soon to be President Elect Biden came from states where the majority of the top 1% live while the bulk of the votes for President Trump came from states where few of the 1% live.
Why?
I recall when Buffet COMPLAINED about how his secretary paid more in federal income tax than he did.
Simple...he can afford accountants that can find LEGALK ways to minimize his tax burden while not compromising his net value.
We are all tools.

I learned this as a young adult ... the time and effort to learn accounting has paid off very well ... tax forms, instructions and IRS publications are all available on-line ... read them ... find the form that says to subtract $1,750,000 from your AGI, and if zero or less, enter -0- on the 1040 "tax to pay" ... easy peasy ...

Why?
We are all tools.

I learned this as a young adult ... the time and effort to learn accounting has paid off very well ... tax forms, instructions and IRS publications are all available on-line ... read them ... find the form that says to subtract $1,750,000 from your AGI, and if zero or less, enter -0- on the 1040 "tax to pay" ... easy peasy ...
lol.
Well said.

How about we divide government's bills equally among the citizens, everyone pays the same equal share, deal?
that would barely cover the cost of payroll, life long salary and health insurance for members of congress; both active and retired.

Also the pearl clutching dems didn't want the kind of anarchy that trump was stoking with his outrageous over-reach in places like Portland.

How about we divide government's bills equally among the citizens, everyone pays the same equal share, deal?
that would barely cover the cost of payroll, life long salary and health insurance for members of congress; both active and retired.

It should be like it was in the beginning of our republic where congressmen and senators had normal jobs and only showed up in Washington when needed.
These lifelong politicians we have today suck.

Forum List

Back