Something is Wrong with my Old Cat

He's 15. That's really old for a cat--especially any kind of pure breed. I did not read the whole thread so hopefully you solved the problem by now. I have owned all breeds of cats forever. Usually after age 14 they REALLY slow down--kidney, bladder, diabetes issues. I would have had the vet run the whole panel of tests. Tell them you want a huge discount for this. (Most tests are cheap). Cats are like humans in that they usually do show marked improvement just before they relapse and go to kitty Heaven. Hope yours is all better...

Last edited:
No, he's been an inside only cat his whole life. He has snuck out on occasion. Once he was out for about 18 hours (we didn't know he was out over night). He came in, grumpy and hissing, and made a beeline for the litter box. Ding dong didn't even know he could use the dirt for that. lol

He ate 1/3 jar of baby food two hours ago. I think for the weekend I'm going to stop trying to get him to eat wet cat food and just concentrate on getting him to eat the baby food every three or four hours. He just isn't going for wet cat food at this point so I'll hold off on it. I'll stick w/the baby food and maybe a bit of ham or turkey or cooked chicken to see if he takes it.

I called the vet. Grrrr. Before I left yesterday she told me to call her today to update her. I asked what time should I call, she said anytime as she was there all day. So I call and she was gone, she was only in for surgery this morning. She'll be in all day tomorrow. Left info w/the girl who answered the phone who told me the vet will call me tomorrow. Yeah, if I don't hear back by noon I'll call again.

Jake, I"m so sorry for your losses. Your daughter? omG. :sad: {hugs}

X 2 So Very, Very, Sorry Jake. :( (((((((((HUGS)))))))

Yay, zoom! I firmly believe in the power of prayer..and I know many here, including myself, were doing a lot of it. :)

Forum List

Back