Someday, A Real Pandemic May Hit!!!

When Shall You Likely See A Real Pandemic? (Based On The Country You Live In (Not The World))

• I may or may not see a pandemice in my lifetime.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I do not find it likely I will see a pandemic in my lifetime.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We'll be dying in the streets
With our anti-vax non compete
And the vials they could purchase will be gone
And the men who spurred it on
Sit in detention for their wrong
Then herded into fema trains movin’ along

I'd eat my hat for an immune constitution
Take a bow for the viral solution
Smile and grin at loose change all around me
Pick up my policy copay
Just like yesterday
And I'll get on my knees and pray
We don't get tooled again
Don't get tooled again

~S~ w/apologies to the WHO

We'll be dying in the streets
With our anti-vax non compete
And the vials they could purchase will be gone
And the men who spurred it on
Sit in detention for their wrong
Then herded into fema trains movin’ along

I'd eat my hat for an immune constitution
Take a bow for the viral solution
Smile and grin at loose change all around me
Pick up my policy copay
Just like yesterday
And I'll get on my knees and pray
We don't get tooled again
Don't get tooled again

~S~ w/apologies to the WHO
NICE wordplay, sparky!

We should learn from our failures to prepare for Covid-19, because the next pandemic may indeed be much worse. Imagine if Ebola -- with its 50% fatality rate -- had been airborne or spread asymptomatically!

Here is a great "Ted Talk" speech by Bill Gates given just after we had gotten Ebola under control in West Africa, predicting prophetically that "We Are Not Ready" ... for what turned out to be Covid-19.

He is a pretty wise man! I don't really agree with him that we have learned enough to prevent another World War, and I wish he had not only praised the heroism of the "Doctors Without Border / Medecins Sans Frontieres" but also mentioned the contribution of the first large contingents of doctors from Cuba who rushed into the fight. But above all, I wish more politicians had listened to this video and paid attention -- particularly those in our present administration:

Last edited:
Bill Gates will always sell calamity because he wants to wrest power from the people. You want to know what to read; find out what he criticizes most. I found a really good book that way. Anyone who wants to know, just send a PM.

My feeling is that "calamity" is never far away. We several times barely survived calamity in the Cold War, and today ecological, viral, nuclear, or social-political-economic calamity are real dangers. I'm old and may not live to see it, but it is a real threat. I sure agree that a country dominated by billionaire oligarchs is not desirable. Nor is a world divided insanely into blocs of mutually hostile countries. But I think you gotta recognize that Gates here was on to something. Our 700 military bases around the world and the trillions we spend on military expenditures ... what real use are they if we create enemies everywhere and cannot even deal with entrenched poverty and crime at home, or respond calmly and efficiently to a mindless virus?

Perhaps someday a real pandemic will hit and you will know because people around you will die without discrimination of age or health condition.

This issue with Corona virus has been just "a test" and governments have failed.

So true. In different ways both China and the U.S. failed.

China, as an indirect but definite result of XiJinping’s reactionary censorship policies, encouraged Wuhan local authorities to cover up and even pressure doctors to lie in early but crucial epidemic days. Trump later misestimated the crisis entirely and ignored his own experts who — though they supported the banning of tourism from China — warned it would not keep us safe.

China later proved that its stern social mobilization measures could slow the spread. Hopefully we, with our individualistic and more democratic culture, will also succeed slowly in turning the tide.

May we all learn lessons for the future!

No deaths in 24 hour span.
chill out, the day's young GG

1616848958420.png

~S~

Perhaps someday a real pandemic will hit and you will know because people around you will die without discrimination of age or health condition.

This issue with Corona virus has been just "a test" and governments have failed.

We managed to go to the source of Ebola and Zika. Obama and Biden followed the Bush 2004 Pandemic Handbook.. Trump threw that out and handed off to dandy Jarrod Kushner.

Forum List

Back