Some days it's a struggle to keep the Faith

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
It's not just the bad actions of others, it's the damaged DNA that even a civilized nation like Canada has is rampant numbers. Sometimes you look at someone and you see an empty vessel, a soul that is dormant. It's not even dark, that would suggest the possibility of change. It's just...not there. Uninhabited and void of any humanity.

How did humans become this intoxicated to power and the abuse of it?

It's not just the bad actions of others, it's the damaged DNA that even a civilized nation like Canada has is rampant numbers. Sometimes you look at someone and you see an empty vessel, a soul that is dormant. It's not even dark, that would suggest the possibility of change. It's just...not there. Uninhabited and void of any humanity.

Lack of God

No moral leadership from a higher authority

Lack of God

No moral leadership from a higher authority
And just like in the days of Noah, the dividing line will just keep getting longer and longer.

Imagine, only one man left worth saving.

Strange days indeed. Sunday was the craziest of an already crazy year for me. I had three freek accidents on sunday all of which could have claimed my life. Not real sure how to take it. Either some one was looking out for me or god was trying to take me out and fell short. Heavy financiual loss from two of the accidents but I walked away with out a scratch all three times. The strangest thing about the whole ordeal was I did not experience the human emotions normally associated with such happenings. Normal emotions felt are fear,anger and sadness. I felt nothing but tired. Not happy not sad, not fearfull, just nothing. Am I dead inside? I hope for better days ahead but some how do not think they are coming.

The Bible says more than one.

but not very many as mankind fails miserably at self-rule
It is not a lack of good people it is the fact that good people do rise to roles of leadership as often as they should. Those that are willing to cheat and take more commonly rise to power. The future will be interesting as we are no longer the only game on the block. AI is here right now. Hard to tell what future brings when we create things smarter than us.

It is not a lack of good people it is the fact that good people do rise to roles of leadership as often as they should. Those that are willing to cheat and take more commonly rise to power. The future will be interesting as we are no longer the only game on the block. AI is here right now. Hard to tell what future brings when we create things smarter than us.
I dont agree with any of that

computers are not and cannot be the new gods for humans to worship

By worshiping the created rather than the creator.

Strange days indeed. Sunday was the craziest of an already crazy year for me. I had three freek accidents on sunday all of which could have claimed my life. Not real sure how to take it. Either some one was looking out for me or god was trying to take me out and fell short. Heavy financiual loss from two of the accidents but I walked away with out a scratch all three times. The strangest thing about the whole ordeal was I did not experience the human emotions normally associated with such happenings. Normal emotions felt are fear,anger and sadness. I felt nothing but tired. Not happy not sad, not fearfull, just nothing. Am I dead inside? I hope for better days ahead but some how do not think they are coming.

I can't answer your questions, but, if there is an Almighty Being trying to "take you out", I don't think he would fail.

I dont agree with any of that

computers are not and cannot be the new gods for humans to worship
you leap to alot of conclusions. I never said anything about holding a computer up as a god. They are more likely to be more like Demons. I am not jumping up and down about having AI run my life. We should not be making them, yet we will in fear of others making one and having advantage.

you leap to alot of conclusions. I never said anything about holding a computer up as a god.
I think you did

these are your words and the sound like worship to me:

“Hard to tell what future brings when we create things smarter than us.”

No machine is smarter than the flawed humans that created it

Christians worship the Creator because God is a higher power and that drives godless liberals insane

Forum List

Back