Solidarity: Canadian Bakin'

Pogo

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2012
Fennario
>> Canadian air traffic controllers have bought hundreds of pizzas for their American counterparts over the past few days in what has become an industry-wide show of support during the US Government's partial shutdown.
Peter Duffey, the head of the Canadian Air Traffic Control Association, said Sunday initiative began on Thursday when employees at Edmonton's control centre took up a collection to buy pies for controllers in Anchorage, Alaska. Other facilities across Canada decided to join in, and the idea snowballed. "The next thing we knew, our members were buying pizzas left, right and centre for the colleagues in the US," Mr Duffey said.

... Mr Duffey estimated as of Sunday afternoon (local time), about 300 pizzas had been received by American controllers, many of whom took to social media to express their gratitude. Mr Duffey said many union members had been looking for a way to show solidarity with their American colleagues. <<​

No word on whether the pizza was adorned with Canadian bacon.... Canadian Air Traffic Controllers Spring for Pizzas for unpaid US colleagues

Meanwhile, back at the ranch....

>> US President Donald Trump has put on a fast food feast at the White House, blaming the partial government shutdown for the lack of catering staff. He welcomed the winners of the national college football championship, the Clemson Tigers, with more than 300 burgers as well as fries and pizzas.

... ."We have pizzas, we have 300 hamburgers, many, many French fries, all of our favourite foods," Mr Trump said as he hosted the event in the State Dining Room on Monday.
<< ... directly recalling Rump's claim of "we have Trump steaks" at a campaign rally, pointing to a stack of steaks clearly marked "Bush Brothers", as they had to be since Trump Steaks no longer exist, the victim of yet another ill-fated business venture at which Rump failed.

>> When asked to name his own favourite fast food by a reporter, Mr Trump said that he liked them all.

"If it's American, I like it. It's all American stuff," he replied.
<< as he proudly hawked the cardboard-equivalent of the cheapest possible French fries and Hamburgers for White House guests. The city of Hamburg Germany had no comment.

_105184978_e62a6c2d-5505-4aa9-9e2b-3062008f7668.jpg

Oh yeah, that photo is actually REAL.

----- Embarrassed YET, Rumpbots?

How'd ya like to be invited to the White House, supposedly as an honor for excelling, and then be served fucking cardboard with the logo of a clown on it? And Ronald McDonald too. Nothing says "respect" like being presented with the cheapest possible CRAPOLA food in the world, tagged with the frank confession "I paid for it! ME!" by the clown who's already responsible for the White House having no food.

Well at least he didn't interrupt the state of having no food....

Wow, so the controllers served junk food. The left is going to be outraged about this !

Perhaps the distinction between these two stories should be pointed out to the partisan hack gallery ---- the air traffic controllers are ON THE JOB, one that is crucial to the United States having any airplane traffic at all, and received (not "served") their pizzas because they're doing that crucial job WITHOUT PAY.

The college football players on the other hand were invited guests, supposedly invited to honor them for an achievement, and then insulted with McDonald's cardboard-burgers as some kind of perverse "restitution" for Rump having fucked up the WH food availability in the first place. But I already spelled all this out in the OP, didn't I.

It speaks volumes about the two entities presenting the food, doesn't it. The Canadian ATCs did a voluntary national gesture to say "we're thinking of you" while Rump thought his guests were so important he sent the WH limo down to the Mickey D drive-up window. Oh and he's the same guy responsible for the US ATCs working without being paid.

Sure makes the Eagles look good, huh.

Wow, so the controllers served junk food. The left is going to be outraged about this !

Perhaps the distinction between these two stories should be pointed out to the partisan hack gallery ---- the air traffic controllers are ON THE JOB, one that is crucial to the United States having any airplane traffic at all, and received (not "served") their pizzas because they're doing that crucial job WITHOUT PAY.

The college football players on the other hand were invited guests, supposedly invited to honor them for an achievement, and then insulted with McDonald's cardboard-burgers as some kind of perverse "restitution" for Rump having fucked up the WH food availability in the first place. But I already spelled all this out in the OP, didn't I.

It speaks volumes about the two entities presenting the food, doesn't it. The Canadian ATCs did a voluntary national gesture to say "we're thinking of you" while Rump thought his guests were so important he sent the WH limo down to the Mickey D drive-up window. Oh and he's the same guy responsible for the US ATCs working without being paid.

Write Pelosi! Tell her to fund that wall! Do it now! Then send moose Burgers!

Since they will all receive back pay when the Democrats decide to reopen the government it doesn't seem like that big a deal.

Write Pelosi! Tell her to fund that wall! Do it now! Then send moose Burgers!

Pelosi is not my Congresscritter but no, I'm not going to do that. Congress is under no "obligation" whatsoever to fund Rump's "Feelings" just because he's too stupid to figure out it's campaign rhetoric and that's all it ever was. Just because he wants to play Orange Boy Wonder Racketeer doesn't mean anybody in the world has to take his juvenile whiny-little-bitch ass seriously.

Perhaps ewe didn't hear about this but --- we don't negotiate with terrorists. Whelp, we don't negotiate with orange ego-trippers playing extortion games either.

Pizza was also served along with McDonald's. It's comical how the left is so worked up about this.

This is simply two sides acting childishly while working people are being asked to work for free. Let me stress the fact they are not part of the argument yet being punished. Common sense says create a bill so they get paid. Deal with the meaningless quibbles separately. This is people's daily lives. It's incredibly difficult to live while getting paid let alone without.

Pizza was also served along with McDonald's. It's comical how the left is so worked up about this.

There is no "the left" or "the right" concept extant here. What we have is the whining of a petulant man-child costing some 800,000 workers their income, resulting in (a) the good wishes of their Canadian counterparts who still DO get paid, as a gesture of solidarity, and (b) the insult of the Presidency covering for his own fuckup in the worst possible way as a gesture of contempt.

This is all a personality issue. Sorry you can't play with your little "left" and "right" dolls here but maybe, just maybe, it's time to grow up and get past that stupid shit.

>> “I thought it was a joke,” one Clemson player could be overheard saying in a video shared on Twitter, accurately capturing many people’s reaction to the president’s earlier promise to serve college football’s national champions items found on various dollar menus. Only the meal was very real, and late-night hosts and the Internet had a lot to say about it.

White House Staffer, choking through tears - "I... guess... we could... use the... Lincoln gravy boats... for the... Mc... the McNug... the McNugget sauces." . <<

Dw6VfbPX0AMv9Pn.jpg

Rump Turns White House into White Castle

All of this reminds me of the time I went in for a work review at the six-month mark, as planned when I was hired. "Come by on Wednesday, we'll do lunch" said the GM, "my treat". On the appointed Wednesday I was led to a conference room where sat -------------- fast food.

I quit that job that day. Told them to stuff it. The place was on its last legs and soon after went belly-up.

"... Burger King... all American company" (at 0:28)

Assuming by "American" Rump means "USian" he doesn't seem to be aware that Burger King is owned by Restaurant Brands International, a Canadian holding company formed by a Brazilian one that owned BK before that.

And yet Rump singles out Burger King as an "all American company". Guess he means both North and South America.

Forum List

Back